test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pineapple on pizza is sin or not a sin ??

alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
i wana hear your opinions,do you think it belongs on pizza or not ?

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    If someone out there thinks it tastes good on pizza, then it belongs on pizza.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Think-Marketing-Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen-1200x630.jpg
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    I don't have a problem with it, personally. I'll eat it if it's there, but I don't generally order my pizzas with pineapple. Now Ranch, on the other hand, is just pizza murder and should be punishable in a court of law.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    It's not that bad. There are worse topping than those two.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Did you know the Hawaiian Pizza, ham and pineapple, was invented in Canada? Anyways I think this world is big enough to have traditional and non traditional pizzas.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    3 ingredients from your fridge, put them on a pizza.
    Debate over.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    It's certainly more legitimate than a John Scalzi burrito... :lol:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I don't mind it.

But the ham needs to be good enough for it to work well with the pineapple.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    It's personal preference, I like Supreme styled pizza cause of the variety of ingredients implemented, the more the better, besides, attempting to vilify food is silly and asinine.

You wanna talk about sin, look at what humanity does to itself and others, I mean really...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I don't mind it.

But the ham needs to be good enough for it to work well with the pineapple.

I prefer chorizo or a nice salami with the pineapple on my pizzas.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Don't mind the guy at the end, it was his first meal of the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUy3Y_w9Tk

In the video below is real pizza, anything else is just a fake / copy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUjsK_cX8U

Case closed.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The more stuff there is on a pizza, the better. That's what makes it so great, pizza is basically a plate that you put other food on. Even better if you use hamburger meat instead of pizza dough.​ ( hold your slice with a piece of lettuce so your hand doesn't get too messy ).​​
    edited July 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The more stuff there is on a pizza, the better. That's what makes it so great, pizza is basically a plate that you put other food on. Even better if you use hamburger meat instead of pizza dough.​ ( hold your slice with a piece of lettuce so your hand doesn't get too messy ).​​

Often times less is more, especially when it comes to pizza. It's supposed to be a light and healthy meal, not something that's overloaded with grease. The americanized 'pizza' variants, are merely an abomination of the real deal. They get everything wrong, from topping, to cheese, to sauce, to dough. That stuff can hardly even be considered a pizza, tbh.

There are only two types of pizza, margherita and marinara.
    Often times less is more, especially when it comes to pizza. It's supposed to be a light and healthy meal, not something that's overloaded with grease.

I didn't say put grease on your pizza, I said put food on it.​​
    Even better if you use hamburger meat instead of pizza dough.​​

I see.

Even better if you use hamburger meat instead of pizza dough.

I see.

Great way to cut out the carbs.​​
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    If someone wants it on their pizza, let them have it on their pizza. If they don't, then they don't. I for one love pineapples on my pizza.monkey-2.gifmonkey-2.gif​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    It's a sin on humanity and you should go to hell for putting fruit on your dang pizza. How about strawberries or peaches?

Everyone in this thread is a dang politician apparently.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    IT'S A SIN​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The more stuff there is on a pizza, the better. That's what makes it so great, pizza is basically a plate that you put other food on.​​

Mary-Kate & Ashley agree with you.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    zemmax wrote: »
    It's a sin on humanity and you should go to hell for putting fruit on your dang pizza. How about strawberries or peaches?

Tomatoes are a fruit.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Peach isn't that uncommon on a pizza. Goes with chicken.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I like it paired with pepperoni.

edited July 2018
    zemmax wrote: »

Strawberries you say?
    strawberry-basil-balsamic-pizza-recipe.jpg

Peaches you say?
    three-cheese-peach-prosciutto-balsamic-pizza-edit+srgb..jpg​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Strawberries you say?

Peaches you say?
    5c2.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Often times less is more, especially when it comes to pizza. It's supposed to be a light and healthy meal, not something that's overloaded with grease.
    Someone is a bit confused about the nature of pizza. I mean, its baseline is a flatbread with cheese and tomato.
    edited July 2018
    Fun Fact: Pizza was actually invented by the Mongolians in the mid-13th century. Since salted cheese and tomato sauce was easy to keep and they could quickly make and bake the dough with a makeshift rock oven it was essentially the food that fueled their conquest. The Italians actually got it from the Mongols when their empire reached that far, and caught on because Italy has such a good climate for growing tomatoes. Another fun fact is that they basically invented hamburger meat, as they would place raw meat under their saddles in the morning and during the day it would be ground apart by the pounding of the saddle. Finally another food invention we can thank the Mongols for is the common everyday Cherry Tomato! They found it to be the perfect snack while riding, or even in the middle of a battle to keep their energy up.​​
  • another fun fact: all those so-called 'americanized' pizza types that someone was essentially s.hitting on several posts above? more often than not were created in america by ITALIAN immigrants​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Fun Fact: Pizza was actually invented by the Mongolians in the mid-13th century. Since salted cheese and tomato sauce was easy to keep and they could quickly make and bake the dough with a makeshift rock oven it was essentially the food that fueled their conquest. The Italians actually got it from the Mongols when their empire reached that far, and caught on because Italy has such a good climate for growing tomatoes. Another fun fact is that they basically invented hamburger meat, as they would place raw meat under their saddles in the morning and during the day it would be ground apart by the pounding of the saddle. Finally another food invention we can thank the Mongols for is the common everyday Cherry Tomato! They found it to be the perfect snack while riding, or even in the middle of a battle to keep their energy up.​​
    Huh. Where did that story come from? Tomato is native to the Americas, it was brought to Europe by the Spanish during their conquest of Mexico in the 16th century; the Mongols never encountered it, and flatbreads are thousands of years old.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Eating Pizza is like Building in CO.
    You've got your cheese pizza (Surprise attack bug),
    Pepperoni (Con secondary super stat),
    Supreme pizza (Wardicators/guardicators),
    Anchovy pizza (Commander/Overseeer/Arbiter trees)
    Ultimate meat pizza pizza (Brawler/avenger - vindicators),
    And then you've got your Hawaiian Pizza which does include pineapple. (Vindicator Mastery).

And they're all delicious~​​
  • and just like CO, nobody ever touches the anchovy/commander pizzas​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2018
    Someone is a bit confused about the nature of pizza. I mean, its baseline is a flatbread with cheese and tomato.

You're just clueless, let's see what a master pizzaiolo has to say:
    https://youtu.be/Cq90lUQUCUo?t=10m4s
    As you can hear, the goal is to eat pizza with mozzarella, not cheese with bread ;)
    https://youtu.be/mDUjsK_cX8U?t=4m1s

Turn on the captions and see for yourself, pal.
    edited July 2018
    another fun fact: all those so-called 'americanized' pizza types that someone was essentially s.hitting on several posts above? more often than not were created in america by ITALIAN immigrants​​

To cater towards Americans and their 'taste'... Aka. overloaded with stuff, disgusting cheese, etc. On a real pizza, you won't find more than a handful of cheese.

Have a good day.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    *Gets popcorn*

uGDAHZt.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • okay, i'd like to think that anything can go on a pizza with the right culture...but i draw the line at popcorn - it won't even stay on the slice like that!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited July 2018
    I never met a pizza who I wouldn't gave a chance...and heyy if it was just one particular topping on it I didn't care for I would just quietly and discreetly pick it off and put it to one side. Some of the best pizza I've ever had was the traditional Italian variety(crispy crust, mozzarella, sauce, basil.) but bring on that one with peaches on it I ain't afraid! The one with strawberries does have me a little spooked though...

Here is another thing. I can't stand mushrooms in or on anything, they make me gag when I put them in my mouth. It is a texture thing mostly but it also does not help that to me they taste exactly like dirt... they're just like this weird rubbery dirt tasting things and I don't like them at all. If you got mushrooms on your pizza I probably wouldn't be eating any(unless the mushroom bits were big enough for me to quickly identify and dispose of) but despite all that I think people who like mushrooms on pizza shouldn't be demonized or labeled as sinners for liking mushrooms on their pizza.

Now I know this is a silly topic and hopefully none of you are taking any of this too seriously but there are my thoughts on the matter.

My first wife was horribly allergic to mushrooms. The day it finally sank in that I was free of her, I celebrated by going to the pizza joint next to the answering service I was working at (remember answering services? Man, those were the days, huh?) to get a three-topping pizza. All three toppings were mushroom.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

jonsills wrote: »
    My first wife was horribly allergic to mushrooms. The day it finally sank in that I was free of her, I celebrated by going to the pizza joint next to the answering service I was working at (remember answering services? Man, those were the days, huh?) to get a three-topping pizza. All three toppings were mushroom.

*vomits*

Er... Wait no I mean...

To each their own and all that I guess.

beezeeze wrote: »

*vomits*

Er... Wait no I mean...

To each their own and all that I guess.
    Well, yes, modern voice mail is much cheaper and more reliable, but really, vomiting at the mention of answering services?

edited July 2018
    As you can hear, the goal is to eat pizza with mozzarella, not cheese with bread ;)

But the mozzarella is part of the pizza, so you're saying the goal is to eat pizza with pizza... but are you eating that second pizza with pizza as well? This sounds less and less healthy the deeper we go. I see why there aren't so many pizza purists like you around, they're all dead from massive overeating! Good riddance I say.

My first wife was horribly allergic to mushrooms.

Oof. Mushrooms are delicious.​​
    Heyy don't get me wrong Jon if you are ordering from a place that offers 3 types of mushrooms that must be some pretty good pizza...jst don't be offended when I pick all those suckers off and enjoy myself some awesome plain cheese.

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Mushrooms are the antichrist. I hate everything about them, including your ex wife.
    biffsig.jpg
    Mushrooms are the antichrist. I hate everything about them, including your ex wife.
    Who knew we'd ever find ourselves allies like this....

jst don't be offended when I pick all those suckers off and enjoy myself some awesome plain cheese.

I love when people pick their toppings off. I hold out my plate with my slice on it and say "Bring em here!". Especially 3 types of mushrooms. My plate would be in your face the moment I see you heading for a new slice, big smile, ready to benefit myself by taking advantage of your pickyness!​​
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    If mushrooms are the antichrist, then call me she-devil, baby.

Are avocado pizzas a thing? I'd like to try one.
    jst don't be offended when I pick all those suckers off and enjoy myself some awesome plain cheese.

I love when people pick their toppings off. I hold out my plate with my slice on it and say "Bring em here!". Especially 3 types of mushrooms. My plate would be in your face the moment I see you heading for a new slice, big smile, ready to benefit myself by taking advantage of your pickyness!​​
    you can have my mushrooms spinnytop. you can have them all.

Honestly tho I would not want them to go to waste.

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    You can have my pickles too. Or what I like to call them, "hamburger landmines".
    biffsig.jpg
    So ok so far we're on the same page about pickles as well...