test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your favorite gaming content in Champions Online?

beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
I am curious what about the sort of stuff people like to play when they log into champions online. Is it cosmics, alerts, missions, lairs? Do you want more open missions like the destroid attack in MC? Maybe more events or more story driven missions such as adventure packs. Maybe you love to pvp... or maybe you just want to solo everything and feel like a mighty hero! Maybe you want more nemesis stuff!! Anyway I kind of doubt many of us will agree on the kinds of things that they like the best and there is really no wrong answer to this question, but which of these things are things you wish we had more of in CO?

Personally it is kind of hard for me to pick, variety is nice and I just hope they keep adding things.

Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    My fave is actually exploring the game world looking for hidden stuff. Sure i also like the other stuff, but... nothing quite beats the thrill of poking around in a dark crypt that most players ignore the existence of.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The Eidolon fight. It involves lots of movement and is pretty high-stakes in terms of its mechanics. This makes the fight really dynamic and fun for me.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I enjoy RP, getting costume unlocks, designing costumes and characters. The actual missions and content we've gotten over the years has taken a steady decline in interest for me. I have games that challenge me if I want to play them. This game is not going to be a Dark Souls game. The more "difficult" the content the less inclined I am to play it.

Lately I've just been hanging out in Club Caprice and chatting with people. Knockbacks Online just isn't delivering the fun content it used to.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I like alerts and farming dailies in QWZ best because it is basically solo content where I can drop in and drop out at will ^_^
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Character costumization (Both Tailor and Freeform builds) and Endgame Cosmics (along with farming QZONE dailies for resources)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Unfortunately, Sky Command and the final boss battle against Franklin Stone during the Nighthawk event. I say "unfortunately" since they're unpopular, which I feel is a shame since it's one of the few battles that feel particularly grand in scale. I use flight instead of vehicles in these and it winds up being a particularly visual experience. Sky Command's vicious circle people not running it -> thus no one queues for it -> so no one runs it means I don't do it much. Though I guess not running it until your eyes bleed does help it feel special.

Otherwise I like the Mechanon arc since I feel it did a great job of being non Alert/Cosmic content that plays well and has a good story.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    My favorite content in the game is Aftershock, but I've only run it 3-4 times. I'm not into running a story arc multiple times.

I will log in to join Cosmics, try an event or new mission, and then spend time away again for awhile.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    Alerts are easy enough to do. I love getting to do Nemcon if I can manage to convince people to do it. MD's in MI are fun. Events can be alright. Seeing what sort of ridiculous things I can tank with my main tank is one of my fun past times. The QWZ is fun for that.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Coming up with character themes and trying to make them work in a viable way, playing with the tailor, random alerts (except forum malvanum), etc. The qwz can be fun too as long as the wormification, worm gem, or soul torturer dailies don't come up. The worm arcana collection quest is a bit of a groaner, too.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Mostly the Tailor is the best content. Theory crafting builds is a mixed bag and has been grossly overshadowed by other games with far more interesting creative options.

Combat in CO is kinda... boring. It pretends to be action but is really streamlined, hotbar combat that you can find in plenty of MMOs. Cooldowns, incredibly restricted attack speeds, low target caps, and derpy AI are the opposite of action. Combat is just a way to get globals to buy more costume bits to do the thing I'd rather be doing.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    CO has best combat of any MMO. That's why it's the MMO I play \o/
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Aside from the virtual flexibility of Freeform and Tailor, Vibora Bay lore really piqued my interest. Especially the Dogz faction. It's been years and I still do not understand why Black Fang joined Therakiel. I thought he wanted to lead Dogz because Sweetland was dealing with something that could harm the pack. This bad thing was Therakiel btw.

I think the only Dogz mission I really remember doing in VB was The Dog Pound mission.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nidan1nidan1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would love more lore entries, those are my favorite pursuits in the game honestly besides rping or doing alerts. I do love a good Aventure Pack but no news in a long time :(.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Aside from the virtual flexibility of Freeform and Tailor, Vibora Bay lore really piqued my interest. Especially the Dogz faction. It's been years and I still do not understand why Black Fang joined Therakiel. I thought he wanted to lead Dogz because Sweetland was dealing with something that could harm the pack. This bad thing was Therakiel btw.

I think the only Dogz mission I really remember doing in VB was The Dog Pound mission.
    Now I'm curious... I hate that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    1) the Comic series missions and the strong story driven content like Demonflame, and Resistance.

2) The Crisis missions, especially, Lemurian one and Viboria Bay's

I miss doing the Lemurian Crisis before they change it because that was the closest I ever got to a space battle with either getting into the ships and blowing them up from the inside or going and just blowing them up on the outside. Also the Vibora Crisis is just awesome.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I like the Desert zone, tbh. Western ghost towns, nuclear wastelands, mad scientists, a prison break led by the world's most powerful psychic, black suited conspiracy theorists, a theme park overrun by killer robots and the random arrival of Grond. What's not to like? If the next storyline could be about VIPER finding something really nasty in the vaults at Area 41 then that would be perfect.
  • Aside from the virtual flexibility of Freeform and Tailor, Vibora Bay lore really piqued my interest. Especially the Dogz faction. It's been years and I still do not understand why Black Fang joined Therakiel. I thought he wanted to lead Dogz because Sweetland was dealing with something that could harm the pack. This bad thing was Therakiel btw.

that only happened in the apocalypse timeline when we actually drew him away from therakiel; that didn't happen in the non-apocalypse timeline, so he ended up forced into joining therakiel the insane​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • iceman1974#8222 iceman1974 Posts: 1 New User
    > @beezeeze said:
    > I am curious what about the sort of stuff people like to play when they log into champions online. Is it cosmics, alerts, missions, lairs? Do you want more open missions like the destroid attack in MC? Maybe more events or more story driven missions such as adventure packs. Maybe you love to pvp... or maybe you just want to solo everything and feel like a mighty hero! Maybe you want more nemesis stuff!! Anyway I kind of doubt many of us will agree on the kinds of things that they like the best and there is really no wrong answer to this question, but which of these things are things you wish we had more of in CO?
    >
    > Personally it is kind of hard for me to pick, variety is nice and I just hope they keep adding things.
    >
    > Please feel free to share your thoughts!

> @beezeeze said:
    > I am curious what about the sort of stuff people like to play when they log into champions online. Is it cosmics, alerts, missions, lairs? Do you want more open missions like the destroid attack in MC? Maybe more events or more story driven missions such as adventure packs. Maybe you love to pvp... or maybe you just want to solo everything and feel like a mighty hero! Maybe you want more nemesis stuff!! Anyway I kind of doubt many of us will agree on the kinds of things that they like the best and there is really no wrong answer to this question, but which of these things are things you wish we had more of in CO?
    >
    > Personally it is kind of hard for me to pick, variety is nice and I just hope they keep adding things.
    >
    > Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Hello Im new to the Forum and Game, I cannot post a new thread because my account is so new. I loved COH and DCUO, Will I like this game? I always go for a Marvel Iceman like power? Ice Powers? Ice Slides? Cost? Thanks
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    There is a free to play character tank archetype called the Glacier who uses ice powers, there is a premium archetype dps character called the Icicle you would need to pay for, and if you decide to subscribe or buy a freeform character slot there are lots of ice based abilities you will be able to choose from. ice slide is a travel power you can buy. If I were you I would try out the Glacier since you don't have to buy anything, play the game for a bit and see how you like it, then decide what you want to do next from there.

• omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I like CO as a whole. I like running missions, especially if I could work out why my toon would be performing these acts beyond the actual flavor text details. I like RPing, I try to think of unique quirks to give some of my toons. I like farming alerts to gather easy Questionite when I'm waiting for friends to get online. I like doing Open Missions like the Mega-Destroid fight in Downtown. I love it when events are in town, both for the special vendor store and because some of them do bring the community together with their open missions. Finally I absolutely love costuming in the tailor. When I really feel an idea I can spend hours putting a look together. Later, I often improve the looks too. I like to say "A great costume is never finished."
  • casualslackscasualslacks Posts: 17 Arc User
    I love making new heroes and coming up with backstory while leveling them up. I try figure out what Freeform abilities fit their theme and style of play as I grind through the Alerts and adventure packs. All the appearance customization options and the freedom to change things at any time make me feel like a 10 year old laying on the floor with a pencil and sketchpad. CO does customization better than just about any game I can think of.
    World Class Chump
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    TA is probably my favorite thing to run. The fights are still fun for me, and it's about the only mission designed for a team that's actually team content and not a solo faceroll.
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Blood Moon when Blood Moon.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot