test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make all mods drop equally.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Currently on one newest hero i have roughly found 300 Con, Int and End mods by flying around
and farming between cosmics and what not... while in my bags there sits a tiny stack of 2 EGO mods.
This can't be RNG and it's hurting pretty much everyone using EGO or other mods that never drops,
while heroes utilizing CON, INT or other mods which always drops, are just happy with farming.

There is no valid & logical reason for having some mods be super rare while others drops all the time,
especially when all mods are pretty much used by builds in one way or another.

Comments

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    This is probably more of a bug than it is something that is intended. I've noticed my pool of mods in a similar situation. Excessive amount of certain types and shortage of others, and this is across hundreds and thousands of mods I just have stockpiled. Of course, RNG plays a huge role here. Maybe we're unlucky with certain mods while others are overflowing with them?

In any case, I feel your pain and would like to know how equal the drop rates actually are.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Doesn't matter if this is intended or a bug, it needs to be sorted out - period.
    You're not suppose to find 300 each of INT, CON, END. Then only 2 EGO... thats a 0.2% droprate.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    You can easily get the mods that you need from your SG bank, the AH, or open a few lockboxes. Also if you spam the qzone OMs you can get some really nice, high level mods of all types, same with TA.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Just popping in to verify that this is just rng. Mods of specific stat types are not weighted any differently for drops.​​
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Just popping in to verify that this is just rng. Mods of specific stat types are not weighted any differently for drops.​​

With roughly 300 of each mod dropped, except EGO & Pre, i highly doubt its a balanced RNG.
    It's easy to say it's RNG, but that could still meen that some mods has a significantly higher droprate
    then other mods.. and i'm willing to be this is the case.

Like many other players has said that i've spoken with. Certain mods "never" drop..

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The mods I want to drop are always the ones that don't. Classic luck. :)

No but really, the stat mods all seem to drop about evenly for me. It's the specific framework damage boost mods that need to be looked at. It's pretty stupid that some can be so readily available while others, such as spell of takofanes and clarence's machinery, only drop once per freaking year because they're locked to yearly events.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Takofanes and Clarence mods are in the GCR Vendor now.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Takofanes and Clarence Mods have been in SCR-GCR vendor for more than 1 year now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    With roughly 300 of each mod dropped, except EGO & Pre, i highly doubt its a balanced RNG.

That is how true RNG works. What you are asking for is devs to not use true RNG. I.E. when you don't get a drop, there is a slight increase in chance until you finally get a drop.

Considering R5 mods have absolutely flooded the game, I'm not sure why anyone needs to farm for them.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    honestly after spending a few minute looking at my personal collection I now wonder why tehre's a disparity between armoring and enhancements... prob just RNG though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm sure if we all compared our mod stores we'd all think something was favored. I have like 1000 Endurance 3 mods. I need to sit down and do some fusing >.>
  • Options

I guess you could call this a challenge if you want, but i'm willing to bet my savings on
    that some mods (EGO, Pre, etc) has a much lower drop % then other mods (CON, Int, Str).
    I would love to see the actual stats for each mod droprate - to be proven wrong.

And everyone who keeps saying it's rng and "bad luck", sure you can have CON mods having a 99% droprate
    while EGO has a 1% droprate and still call it rng, but that's not true rng, its STACKED rng with
    the odds stacked against you.

What i would like to see, is a true rng for enhancement, armor and coremods where each mod
    has exactly the same droprate % - that is TRUE rng without odds stacked against you.

And when it comes to collecting this type of material, where all materials are used equally,
    all materials should drop equally.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    diggot said:

What i would like to see, is a true rng for enhancement, armor and coremods where each mod
    has exactly the same droprate % - that is TRUE rng without odds stacked against you.

If everyone ended up with exactly equal numbers of each type of mod that wouldn't be any more "true rng". In fact that would require a system that actively prevents randomness, for example by filtering out mods that have already dropped until you've gotten one of each type, or lowering drop chances of mods that have already dropped and raising drop chances of ones that haven't.

"true rng" doesn't mean that you flip a coin 100 times and get 50 heads. True rng means you can get any combination of heads and tails in any order. It's not guaranteed that the end totals equal the chances ( unless you put a system in place that forces that outcome at which point you're making it less rng ).

As a dev pointed out, each mod has the same droprate. If you have non-anecdotal evidence that shows otherwise, feel free to share.
  • Options

Ok today i figured out why some mods aren't dropping at all - the system is bugged
    and either hasn't been reported or hasn't been fixed, i hope it's the former.

Here's how it's bugged.

A character with arms-profession will find arms-mods when harvesting armsnodes, pretty obvious..

However.. a character with science profession will get mystisicm-mods when harvesting sciencenodes.
    And a character with mystisicm will get science-mods when harvesting mystisicmnodes.

This is a pretty serious issue. I did some testing today when i found out about this and
    when i logged onto a hero with Mystisicm profession, i instantly started getting Ego, Pre, End mods.

They need to fix this bug so the correct mods drops from the correct profession-nodes.
  • Options
    That is a pretty serious bug. Get that on the bug reports forum right away!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What about a hero with no profession?
  • Options
    diggot said:

Ok today i figured out why some mods aren't dropping at all - the system is bugged and either hasn't been reported or hasn't been fixed, i hope it's the former.

Here's how it's bugged.

A character with arms-profession will find arms-mods when harvesting armsnodes, pretty obvious..

However.. a character with science profession will get mystisicm-mods when harvesting sciencenodes.
    And a character with mystisicm will get science-mods when harvesting mystisicmnodes.

This is a pretty serious issue. I did some testing today when i found out about this and
    when i logged onto a hero with Mystisicm profession, i instantly started getting Ego, Pre, End mods.

They need to fix this bug so the correct mods drops from the correct profession-nodes.

What does this have to do with it? that bug is symmetrical. On maps where it happens the things are swapped entirely.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they can't loot the nodes at all.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I guess I never even bothered, I mean from lockboxes I have 250 of everything below rank 6
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

That's where it gets interesting. Attempting to loot a level 1 node before getting a skill actually give you the skill associated with that node.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited April 2018

spinnytop said:

That's where it gets interesting. Attempting to loot a level 1 node before getting a skill actually give you the skill associated with that node.
    :o

Software bugs can be fun!!!
  • Options
    darqaura2 said:

spinnytop said:

:o

Software bugs can be fun!!!
    I don't think it's a bug. I think it was added to make players aware that the system exists.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters