test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran's core of might in the subscriber veteran's store?

sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
I mean it even has veteran's in the name. some of us discarded it and later wanted it as well, so I think it would be a good idea to allow players to grab one as long as one isn't present on the character or in their bank. Kinda like how the heroic devices work I think.

Comments

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    This would be nice. It's already considered Unique, so there's not really a way to have multiple Veteran Cores on a single character. Though really, they're mundane enough that they really don't need to be a Veteran reward. I'd like if they were just available to everyone as common loot.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yeah, it's not really that powerful.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Unfortunately when placed in gear you are able to purchase another. (Wanted to add this to the store long ago). There may be something we can do to get around that but it's not currently on our radar.

You can submit a query to customer service if you accidentally discarded yours.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    does it really matter though? it's not really all that good. :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    It's actually pretty useful on a lot of energy heavy builds. 13+ rec or end + 13 to a damage stat actually is a very nice boost when you realize two lucky gems is heavy DR, and two growth amulets isn't necessary. For a DPS anyways. Same goes for impact prisms.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Unfortunately when placed in gear you are able to purchase another. (Wanted to add this to the store long ago). There may be something we can do to get around that but it's not currently on our radar.

You can submit a query to customer service if you accidentally discarded yours.
    Would it be possible to flag its bonus as not stackable? That way, it wouldn't matter if the player owned 1 or 10,000.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    should be - the damage bonus on those utility mods don't stack...but those are flagged as passives, and this is a direct stat boost​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    I think the issue here is having it on multiple pieces of gear. I don't think that was ever intended. Having it on one set of gear, then another, etc. It might not be able to be stacked, but you still have more than one, basically.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    should be - the damage bonus on those utility mods don't stack...but those are flagged as passives, and this is a direct stat boost
    Unless something with the engine specifically forbids it, I don't see why this particular stat boost couldn't be done like that.
    I think the issue here is having it on multiple pieces of gear. I don't think that was ever intended. Having it on one set of gear, then another, etc. It might not be able to be stacked, but you still have more than one, basically.
    As long as it can't stack, I don't see how that would be a problem. Anyone bored/dedicated/insane enough to farm up multiple sets of gear is really the only type of person who would benefit, and overall the benefit seems pretty small. They still have over a dozen other mods they'd need to farm up just to fill out that second set.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica said:

Unless something with the engine specifically forbids it, I don't see why this particular stat boost couldn't be done like that.

It's presumably possible but might be significantly less efficient than a normal stat boost.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2018
    It's presumably possible but might be significantly less efficient than a normal stat boost.

^

We don't want players having more than 1 per character, whether it's perceived as a good mod or not.​​