test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Justice Gear/Rampage Tokens

shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
Can we have a daily where we get a rampage token or have a specific perk to be able to get that piece of Justice Gear? Like how the Eidolon costume pieces are perk locked or maybe even how the Sacred costume pieces are perk locked. Either way, rampage RNG is good/bad for people when it comes to the tokens. I mean, I just would like an easier way to get Justice since sometimes people get 1 token per rotation of the rampage and some get none.

Please share thoughts on what you think of this.
|| Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||

Comments

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Totally agree, a daily that grants one token would be awesome, complete 5 times of Lemurian Invasion to get 1 scale for example.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yes, and a perk that says "Invasion Where?" or something that sounds clever since CO is like that. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Either this, or replace them with a regular GCR cost.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The obvious way to change things would be to replace the tokens completely with a perk requirement (say, 10 of each Rampage). This would have the side effect that you couldn't farm tokens with alts, you'd have to do Rampages on the character you're gearing.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Which would result in me doing Sky command on melee tanks...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Vehicles, vehicles.

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    A daily would be a bit too much since there are people who have like 120 alts. They could farm enough tokens in a week to never have to run Rampages again (not something I am complaining about but clearly not something the devs would want)

I think the best middle ground would be to add a Vigilance: Rampages in which you clear one of each Rampage per cycle and get a box with a random Token. It's still farmable with Alts, but not in a way that would completely break the system in half.
    Maybe a GCR to token conversion? Like 50 gcr maybe?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    GCR to token conversion I wouldn't mind, the Vigilance : Rampages would be neat too, there is many ways to adapt rampages so that It's not a nightmare.

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Actually, I'd make a different suggestion: Make the rampage tokens non-binding, but add a perk requirement so you have to actually run each one once before buying justice gear. That simultaneously helps with the RNG annoyance, and gives people who have all the tokens they need a reasonable incentive to run the things again.

For example, I actually like Fire and Ice. But I hardly ever run it anymore, because I already have all the ignimbrite I need. Being able to sell the tokens would give me a reason to actually turn up when there's a run forming that just needs a tank for Frosticus.
  • Maybe a GCR to token conversion? Like 50 gcr maybe?

if they do that, they might as well just cut out the middleman entirely and make the justice pieces cost 400 GCR instead of 200​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    if they do that, they might as well just cut out the middleman entirely and make the justice pieces cost 400 GCR instead of 200
    If they did, they'd have to allow the rampage queues to award GCR or they'd become near-worthless.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Really there's two ways to go here.

1. They keep things as they are until they revamp the Rampages to be real GCR-level content, then completely switch them over to GCR drops, then remove the token cost from Justice gear entirely and give them the same GCR/SCR cost as other gear of that tier.

2. Remove tokens, completely disconnect Justice gear from rampages, and keep rampages as they are now ( arguably the less attractive solution ). They would remain as relevant as they should be as a source of SCR and questionite for people who want to do "big group content" of alert-level difficulty, with damage numbers decreased to ensure that nobody has to do any real organization to put them more in line with other queue content. Obviously rampages cannot hand out GCR in their current state, both because their challenge doesn't warrant it and because it would cause a large amount of GCR inflation.

Personally I have no real love for the second solution but I thought I would put it out there since it seems to be popular to provide "no work" solutions... even though the current team has shown that they are very much willing to put the work in to implement real solutions that actually improve content. The current token setup was a temporary adjustment that put token costs in line with the time/effort involved to acquire them. I'm sure we'll see a real solution at some point, but I doubt anymore minor temporary changes are going to be implemented since the current one already addresses the issue.
    Whatever they do, I'll support it. Not like Im going anywhere else. :s
    edited January 2018
    Another solution would be to make token drop rate 100%, and to raise the token cost to keep approximately the same time-to-acquire - it'd be a fairly high number, somewhere between "oh i got it right away!" and "massive string of bad luck". This removes the RNG which seems to be the primary complaint, while keeping the same time-to-acquire.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Another solution would be to make token drop rate 100%, and to raise the token cost to keep approximately the same time-to-acquire - it'd be a fairly high number, somewhere between "oh i got it right away!" and "massive string of bad luck". This removes the RNG which seems to be the primary complaint, while keeping the same time-to-acquire.

I like this suggestion the best and seems like a more realistic one that can be implemented before the heat death of the universe, based on the size of the dev team we currently have.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

That's what I would like to see--it's psychological, of course, but seeing progress towards a goal makes me more interested in playing.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    RNG is fun when it's not gating the main point of doing something. Like if I'm running TA for the GCR/SCR and I don't get Determination Gear drops that's ok and when I do it's a nice surprise that feels good.

RNG is not great when it's used to grant the main reward - like in Rampages. I'd much rather have it take longer to get a token but see tangible progress towards getting one than have it be a random drop.

All that said, I agree with Foxi's point that we are past quick fixes. If anything is going to be done with Justice Gear / Rampages then it should be an overhaul. Otherwise leave it alone.
    GCR to token conversion is probably the only reasonably quick fix that could be done.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

GCR to token conversion is probably the only reasonably quick fix that could be done.

Really? To me that would seem to take LONGER than just bumping the number of tokens it drops and upping the token requirements for justice gear. (and ofcourse getting rid of RNG).

I would assume the devs would want to go in an retool that actual content so that it's difficulty across ALL the rampages is worthy of dropping GCR, before GCR to token conversion is done, and before they even think of adding GCR as a reward to them.

To me THAT would take longer . . . but I could be misreading it/misunderstanding what folks are saying.
    Bumping this thread to see if more people have any other suggestions. :)​​
    edited February 2018
    I have another suggestion \o/

Delete Rampages and cannibalize their assets to create new content.
    Lol​​
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Sell tokens for 100 GCR and require a perk for 10 runs.