test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ban players who "quit" more than 3 times

kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
Or give them a button to ban themselves. Make their dreams come true.

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Quit what?
  • Options
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Edgy
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    kamokami said:

Quit what?

the game
    Bah, you can't quit the game. All you can do is lose every time you think about it.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It’s game over man...game over!

Shouldn’t this be an off topic thread?
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I agree. Some people just come and play and complain about mechanics and such while referring to other games being better. LOL.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    As long as they're not breaking TOS, I'm fine with it.

People should be allowed to debate their personal opinions no matter how negative they come across as long as it isn't trolling. If the person feels strongly about quitting that they want to voice it out, go right ahead.

If all the person wants to do after quitting is consistently make unconstructive comments about how the game sucks / is doomed / is dead and insult people's gaming preferences without an interest in open dialogue, then they've clearly overstayed their welcome.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Well the issue isn't the person debating their opinions. What's being requested is that people who repeatedly threaten to quit, or say that they've quit, have to actually permanently do it at some point. It's like that person who constantly threatens to end a relationship with someone, but never intends to do it and is only attempting to use the threat of doing it as leverage. The look on that person's face when the other person breaks up with them is just great, and I think that's what's trying to be accomplished here.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I just want the forums to allow us to ignore player posts, like you can ignore them in game. I.e. not be able to see them here at all. Better yet would be a system that then hides follow up posts made to the initial post.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I do think that having a self-ban button would go horribly wrong.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    We can have that right after banning for abusing the right to be stupid is implemented. No, that's not a dig at you, OP, it's just my personal pet peeve.

Sadly, the forum extension is the only way to ignore people but it simply minimizes their posts, not effectively remove them from your existence.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Quit what?

the game
    Aw crap, i think i got my 3 strikes....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    sterga said:

Sadly, the forum extension is the only way to ignore people but it simply minimizes their posts, not effectively remove them from your existence.​​

Which means that people who don't have the willpower to just not read a post will also eventually give in and open up those minimized posts :D

Same reason the self-ban button wouldn't work... if someone lacks the sincerity to just quit after they say they're gonna do it, then they wouldn't press that button either. Hell they'd just say stuff like "I'm so close to pressing this button" as an add-on to whatever demands or complaints they have.
  • Options

Aw crap, i think i got my 3 strikes....

I'm not sure that leaving to go to the store counts...
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It's a complaint about complaining, obviously.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    we all know of peeps who said they quit but are still here tho.....

• Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

I do think that having a self-ban button would go horribly wrong.

You mean hilariously wrong?

Just make it reversible... for $50.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    aesica said:

It's a complaint about complaining, obviously.​​

Went right over your head I guess.

It's not about complaining, it's about people who repeatedly talk about how they stopped playing the game, but they hang around the forums forever ( and in most cases didn't actually quit ). Wondering if you'll be one of those some day.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Ah, the star of the show finally shows up
  • Options
    gradii said:

why don't we go all the way and end the game itself, thus banning everyone? win win.​​

Because that is a terrible idea
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Went right over your head I guess.

It's not about complaining, it's about people who repeatedly talk about how they stopped playing the game, but they hang around the forums forever ( and in most cases didn't actually quit ).
    Seems to me like that's just another way to complain about people who do that, and to which I say, "who cares?"
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Wondering if you'll be one of those some day.
    You wish.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    TOS doesn't explicitly say that a player has to delete their account if they quit the game. If the player wants to stick around and constantly remind everyone why they've quit and how they think the game sucks and how they're playing a game they enjoy more, they aren't breaking any rules.

Sure it gets annoying and obnoxious, but it's not on the same level as making racial slurs, similar offensive posts or using exploits and external software to cheat at the game. A ban is supposed to be a punishment for a player using their account to commit serious offenses that clearly aren't meant to be tolerated.

It's petty to want to ban someone just on the basis of having an unpopular opinion. Just either avoid the thread or don't respond if it irks you that much.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »
    This games always been awful and had a mostly awful community, and people insisting that those they disagree with be banned is only proof of this.
    To be fair, I don't think the forums represent the majority of the playerbase. It's a lot like World of Warcraft in that regard.​​
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

Ah, this "suggestion" makes more sense now. So it's a personal attack against Gradii disguised as a suggestion thread?

And we know this "suggestion" will absolutely never get implemented.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

lezard21 said:

Ah, this "suggestion" makes more sense now. So it's a personal attack against Gradii disguised as a suggestion thread?

As if Dazee is the only person who acts like that....

I have to say that it's extremely annoying to be playing and then see someone start ranting about... whatever is rolling around in their head.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Are you saying you thought the suggestion was made seriously?
    aesica said:

You wish.​​

You think I would wish for you to do something that I'm actively criticizing people for doing? You wanna take another crack at that?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    spinnytop said:

Are you saying you thought the suggestion was made seriously?

I don't think anybody thought it was a serious suggestion..... including the OP or the target of their "suggestion".

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I don't know. Maybe name and shame some other players as examples of this?

I have to say that it's extremely annoying to be playing and then see someone start ranting about... whatever is rolling around in their head.

Then perhaps MMOs aren't for you.

Or turn all public chat off, or use the ignore function. Ignore is the perfect solution to this.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Well Suggestions Box is meant for actual constructive suggestions to add stuff to enrich the game or improve current mechanics and features, things for devs to consider when it comes to game development.

If this has been non-serious suggestion all along and just a thinly-veiled excuse to make personal attacks against certain players, Off Topic is that'a'way, if it doesn't get thread-locked anyway.

• Options

Then perhaps MMOs aren't for you.

Or turn all public chat off, or use the ignore function. Ignore is the perfect solution to this.
    Turning off chat is a ridiculous idea. Seriously, minimizing chat to avoid listening to people who are being obnoxious jerks, well, it's like that old "cutting off your nose to spite your face" thing.

Especially so when you're trying to coordinate with others in zone chat and some jerks decides to start ranting in zone chat about... oh as if anyone actually cares. I'm good enough at ignoring people the old fashioned way to not even remember what the last idiot who felt like posting an angry manifesto in zone chat was talking about.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Especially so when you're trying to coordinate with others in zone chat and some jerks decides to start ranting in zone chat about... oh as if anyone actually cares. I'm good enough at ignoring people the old fashioned way to not even remember what the last idiot who felt like posting an angry manifesto in zone chat was talking about.

What, you mean coordinate with others during open missions like Clarence?

Not sure why you feel the need of using zone chat for that. You can use local chat. Everyone in the fight will be within hearing (reading) distance.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Turning off chat is a ridiculous idea. Seriously, minimizing chat to avoid listening to people who are being obnoxious jerks, well, it's like that old "cutting off your nose to spite your face" thing.

Hence the ignore function.

I'm good enough at ignoring people the old fashioned way to not even remember what the last idiot who felt like posting an angry manifesto in zone chat was talking about.

Hey man.... it's you that said that you found some people's comments in-game "extremely annoying" only a couple of posts ago. I'm glad that now you have found a way to deal with it.
    zrdRBy8.png
This discussion has been closed.