test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rank 10 Mods

kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
WTB....

It'd be cool if, at rank 10, core mods in particular got some kind of conditional special effect. But if not I'd be happy to settle with just more of the same except at rank 10.

Comments

• yes...even with maxed crafting score matching the mod you're fusing, using the appropriate table and waiting until a crafting week, you blow through WAY too many safeguards just getting to rank 7, never mind higher than that​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    We'll get Rank 10-12s when the New Bestest Endest Game Gear comes.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Rank 10 mods? Maximum cringe

How about a mod system revamp into something that isn't complete garbage instead?​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Not even a little interested.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    A rank 10 mod with a special effect could be cool, I would totally farm that

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Sitting around fusing mods is about the worst part of this game at the moment. Until that issue is addressed it would be just about the worst thing they could do to add another rank of mods that have a meaningful bonus.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    gradii said:

Take into account just how impossible they'd make it to get before asking for it. and how whales with too much money would be the only ones with it.​​

Make it a zen-purchase only item:

Ultimate Catalyst
    When used, this catalyst immediately transforms your R9 mod into a R10 mod.

Whales would, in fact, buy it, and the game needs whales.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited December 2017
    gradii said:

I almost can't believe you didn't say "The fusion system is fine and the best part of the game don't change it"​​

You'd have to be dumb to think anyone enjoys sitting there waiting for a progress bar to complete. Really sucks when you decide to finally get to your 100s of mods and now you gotta find something to do while your mouse click macro takes care of it.

Whales would, in fact, buy it, and the game needs whales.

That's fine, let the whales have their 30$ catalysts that give them 2 more stat points. Just don't go adding anything like what the OP is talking about behind that kind of price, cause at that point when the word "cash grab" gets thrown around there won't be many people willing to defend it. 50$ for a free form slot is fine with me, but 360$ per character to max out your mods? You start attaching something like what the OP is talking about to that, CO is gonna be on some lists, and not the flattering ones.

PS - 360$ is the price tag if you only buy the 8>9 catalysts.

PS2 - the second idea in the OP is fine. Rank 10 mods that just give you 1 stat point or whatever, fine by me! Whales ahoy!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    To clarify, I'm not asking for anything necessarily substantial regarding the additional effects. Just something to set the last rank apart even if it's mostly aesthetic. And totally fine with not having it if it's deemed to either be not worthwhile or too OP.
    edited December 2017
    Aesthetic is fine too. Basically anything I can ignore like current rank 8 and 9 mods. Thar she blows! \o/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

We'll get Rank 10-12s when the New Bestest Endest Game Gear comes.

Oh right, about the same time the level cap gets raised to 50? :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Except it’s not a pay to win item....
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's pay for power. It's not a terribly large amount of power, but it's some, and doesn't really seem needed -- in practice rank 9 mods are already z-store only, gcr mods are not generally fused past r7 (r7 is a minimum of 625 scr and gcr), non-gcr mods are occasionally fused to 8 but pretty much never to 9.
  • well, SOMEONE is fusing R9s because i occasionally see them on the AH and linked in chat - and i doubt all those people went and wasted 30$ worth of zen on an auto-fuse catalyst​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Make them 100% aesthetic, like the annoying glowy wings, special costume unlocks, or the aura-like particles you might see on whales' characters in other games. Or a big waterspout that shoots out from the top of their head from time to time.

Yq9vKvT.png​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Make it only droppable by Eidolon, and add a chance for it on the Eido daily, no need for a cash shop item.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    blockwave said:

Make it only droppable by Eidolon, and add a chance for it on the Eido daily, no need for a cash shop item.

And by "it" a special catalyst that upgrades the mod you slot
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • they totally need to swipe NWO's new refinement system for upgrading MODs - that was the single best part of the most recent module added to that game​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Now I'm curious about how NW handled it. Last I remember, it was basically the same damned thing as CO mods.​​
  • not anymore...they removed all that and GREATLY simplified it - now all the things that used to add refinement points to various upgradable things add those points to a refinement pool when converted - and those points can be used on ANYTHING, unlike before where something like a power/stability/union stone could only be used on an artifact of power/stability/union respectively, or a resonance stone could only be used on a piece of artifact gear or a thaumaturgic stone could only be used on enchants, etc...

they did keep the little extra bits you use during the upgrade process, but they simplified those down to 5-6 different objects​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Oh, kinda like how the winter event lantern powers up, except with more universal stuff? Yeah that's not bad, especially given how awful the game's inventory management is.​​
  • i got a LOT of inventory slots back when they went live with that system​​
    #LegalizeAwoo