test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

when the automatic response is not the correct one

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Off Topic
and why i am playing one handed till after Christmas. When on any form of motorcycle and you hit gravel. DON'T hit the brakes. I have known this for over 20 years and still did it. Thanks to protective gear all i got was a broken wrist from trying to hold the steering straight and a collection bruises
what can i say ?
oops.
it was entirely my own fault
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017

yes i did remove my family name. that is my first and middle.
    Post edited by chaelk on

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    You're on your way becoming a cyborg.
    Having few titanium screws myself.
    I'm thinking asking next time if they could add some bolts for attaching something like exoskeletons/weapons like in Elysium/Edge of Tomorrow....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    skull plate would be useful for al the times I whack my head on things.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I managed to break my foot earlier this year...I'm still not able to safely kickbox several months later...I swear, I couldn't stand the sudden reliance on everyone else for several months...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    you couldn't stand that you couldn't stand? :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I've got a similar decoration myself, but acquired it in a less interesting fashion. I was standing on my son's skateboard in the garage, swaying idly back and forth while talking with friends. Then my wife got worried, and told me to get off the skateboard.

And that's when the trouble began...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited December 2017

each of those little wires is because my wrist currently has more bits of bone than it should have.
    some things seem to be reattaching currently going on the annoying muscle spasms in my wrist and fingers.

------------
    i live by myself, so i have to do everything.
    try tying up long hair 1 handed.
    shower
    clean dishes-i soak them then wash
    shopping- oh boy
    --------------
    my job requires both hands to be done at a reasonable speed.
    typing, sorting, filing,assorted other boring bits.
    i am currently typing 1 handed and having to keep going back and fix typoes
    ----------
    jonsills
    my mum smashed a finger at an exercise class using dumbells. She was going alright till the teacher said "everybody pay attention"
    she looked up and smack between the dumbells. the class gave the teacher hell for not telling people to stop instead of pay attention.
    -------
    was it from your wife or leaning too far and skateboard slide out, then you put arm out.

• Options
    I stepped, skateboard slid, and down I went. Tried to break my fall, but broke my wrist instead. (When I first got to the ER, since I wasn't crying or in shock or anything, they assumed at first that the wrist was merely sprained. Then they took an Xray. Then they started using words like "emergency surgery". They asked me what the pain level was like, on the famous 1-10 scale, with 10 being the worst pain I'd ever experienced. I replied, "Oh, probably about a fourteen...")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Oh god metal plates. I feel your pain. Ended up with a few of them after that damn smartcar incident. Hope you heal fast. *much hugs*
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsills when they asked me in the emergency department . i asked if i could borrow a saw.
    i got sent straight through. mind you my wrist was bent like a banana.
    dislocated 1 bit, simple crack on 1 bone and ... see above for other.

the first thing they did after xrays was pull it back into position.
    I found another painkiller which doesn't work on me, nitrous oxide.

the doctor asked if it was working, i told them my head felt fuzzy.(all it did was give me vertigo.)
    they started pulling my hand while 2 others held my arm and elbow.
    i started screaming.
    one tells me to keep breathing the stuff, minor problem being blocking enough pain to stop screaming.

funny was watching the next person getting it too, same result, he failed to sit in a chair. Luckily his girlfreind yanked him to the side before he sat , in the most painful way (for a male) on the chair arm.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    We're just getting stronger everytime.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Thought this would be an appropriate response. Right here.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Geez you people are clumsy. How are you even alive?

Maxim 35: That which does not kill me has made a tactical error.

• Options
    rtma- yes that about described it

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    clean dishes-i soak them then wash
    Soak for ~15 minutes, then rinse and throw into dishwasher. Handwashing is bad in nearly every case.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    no dishwasher and amount of dishes i have I'd be waiting the entire week or more to fill it.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    aesica said:

Soak for ~15 minutes, then rinse and throw into dishwasher. Handwashing is bad in nearly every case.​​

Dishwashing automatons don't requiere pre soak or rinse. That's just wasting the little water source we have left. It's even noted in the Owner's Manual. Sometimes with pictures. Also presented in silly commercials.
    And throwing dishes, metal of glass based is allways bad for the dishes. Even it is said that 'Shards bring luck'.
  • Options
    If you don't pretreat the dishes, my dishwashing automaton fails to properly clean them. Basically at this point I'm using it as a sort of low-rent autoclave to satisfy everyone else in the house.

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Dishwashing automatons don't requiere pre soak or rinse. That's just wasting the little water source we have left. It's even noted in the Owner's Manual. Sometimes with pictures. Also presented in silly commercials.
    And throwing dishes, metal of glass based is allways bad for the dishes. Even it is said that 'Shards bring luck'.
    Depends on the quality of the dishwasher. As someone whose parents were the "don't rinse, just put everything in" type, I got sick of consistently dealing with crusty bowls and other food consumption assistance implements. A little prerinse for plates and a soak bin for silverware does wonders.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    I'm of the "dishwashing machines are useless junk" school.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    a bit late but still: ouch, get well soon OP

• Options
    update:yay cast is off.
    underneath looks like partially done zombie limb.non matching stitches on both sides of my wrist. wonder if i have some fake blood still?
    most of the 'dead skin' is actually glue from the large bandaid over the stickers. the wrinkles are from the WAY too tight brace.

next comes physio and the throw away line from the doctor "this will probably hurt a lot more."
    just what i wanted to hear after saying the prescription painkillers had run out.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I hear chicks dig scars. If that's true you've clearly increased your attractiveness. Plus motorcycle accident is a good story, better then Jon's anyways, so you got that going for you as well.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

I hear chicks dig scars. If that's true you've clearly increased your attractiveness. Plus motorcycle accident is a good story, better then Jon's anyways, so you got that going for you as well.

minor problem. read my name on the xray.

• Options
    if you had broken your wrist 2 months earlier, that cast could've come off just in time for halloween...and the best costumes are the ones that are real​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    chaelk said:

update:yay cast is off.
    underneath looks like partially done zombie limb.non matching stitches on both sides of my wrist. wonder if i have some fake blood still?
    most of the 'dead skin' is actually glue from the large bandaid over the stickers. the wrinkles are from the WAY too tight brace.

next comes physio and the throw away line from the doctor "this will probably hurt a lot more."
    just what i wanted to hear after saying the prescription painkillers had run out.

Good to see your on the mend :3
    The doctor isn't lying though when he says physio will hurt more but whats worse is how the physio guys and gals are all obnoxiously happy like Barney and friends levels of fake happy.

And yay someone else watches Babylon 5 \o/

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I think physio therapy people almost always live by the saying "happiness is the best medicine". I mean, it's scientifically proven to work!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    yep, hand is stiff as a board. I have to use the other hand to bend my fingers.

Added to that, I'm now on anti inflammatory tablets because a lot of my hand is hot and swollen especially around the thumb.
    I have a splint to wear but i can't get it over the thumb joint at the bottom due to the swelling.
    Wrist looks better than my hand.
    Sitting typing with cold pack against thumb part.