test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts and Prayers

aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yes, it is important to ridicule those who have different beliefs than yourself. Especially right after they've been kicked in the gut. Kick em while they're down! That'll teach em to think different!
  • Options
    ^ Your new shirt is ready!

yEDQePK.jpg

If you think that game was meant to ridicule or kick anyone when they're down, then you've completely missed the point and I'm not sure what to tell you. ;)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I think you've missed the point. Folks are having a grand ol' time ridiculing politicians for saying that they're sending their thoughts and prayers to the victims of a massacre instead of passing gun control laws. Now hey, if you want to ridicule religion because you think it's fake and has no effect on things, go ahead. But doing it in response to people using prayer as part of the process of grieving for their murdered family members? You're making Fox News' job of demonizing liberals easy.

But yeah, I'm sure that ridiculing people's religion is a great way to get them to listen when you want to change their mind about politics.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yup, you missed the point. It's not intended to insult grieving folks or anything like that. It's meant for those who feel upset by these happenings and want things to change, yet who never go past posting "thoughts and prayers" on facebook, twitter, etc. If you want to make a difference, you have to take action and get involved somehow. Write your elected officials. That kind of thing. Serious question: Are you trolling, or do you really not get this?

That said, Fox News will always find easy, low-hanging-fruit ways to demonize liberals whether or not I post something like this, so it's irrelevant. Sometimes it's as simple as attaching a "crooked" title to their first name.​​
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    What Faux news usually says is either: it's too soon to talk about this tragedy, stop politicizing this tragedy, it's a mental health issue, or restrictions don't work as Chicago has gun restrictions and it's got a lot of people being shot by guns.
    spinnytop said:

But yeah, I'm sure that ridiculing people's religion is a great way to get them to listen when you want to change their mind about politics.

Well thoughts and prayers are clearly working. So I agree: no need to take any sort of action. Thankfully I live in Canada though, we don't have nearly as many mass shootings as Americans, probably because our thoughts and prayers are better.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    This thread is ridiculous even for off-topic standards
This discussion has been closed.