What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bethesda Creation Club

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Well, guess we can see what MxR has to say, one of the biggest fanbois and supporters of Bethesda and all their brilliant ideas (warning, NSFW language);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dulLyvHiSKc
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Well, guess we can see what MxR has to say, one of the biggest fanbois and supporters of Bethesda and all their brilliant ideas (warning, NSFW language);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dulLyvHiSKc

Its going to take up space that could be used for boob mods of course that guy will be pissed.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    well, looks like there's two main ways to look at this...

Bethesda is profiting off the work done by players

or

Bethesda has created a service that lets mod makers share their mods more easily.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    i'm gonna go with A, because the nexus is stupidly easy to share mods on...better than bethesda's own website, in fact, because NMM and MO both have support for nexus download links​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2017

well, looks like there's two main ways to look at this...

Bethesda is profiting off the work done by players

or

Bethesda has created a service that lets mod makers share their mods more easily.

C. Bethesda has created a service that lets mod makers easily share mods, while driving more profit for Bethesda.

(Although frankly I haven't had any problem getting free mods on the XBox - my only issue is that for some reason, random male characters get locked out of most of Cambridge. Females don't seem to have that issue, which is why I just got to the Institute with Val Kyrie.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    D. Bethesda added microtransactions to their game and offers to pay freelance artists to create content to be sold as microtransactions.

If he's not talking about boobs n butts then I don't really care what he has to say :)
  • Options
    Interesting thought:

"They're might shut down free modding!" <-- person forgetting about bethesda.net bringing free mods to consoles. If they're trying to shut down free modding they sure are shooting themselves in the foot by providing a direct pipeline for free mods to get into that whole market.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Interesting thought:

"They're might shut down free modding!" <-- person forgetting about bethesda.net bringing free mods to consoles. If they're trying to shut down free modding they sure are shooting themselves in the foot by providing a direct pipeline for free mods to get into that whole market.</p>

Well, the creation club for Skyrim was linked and the survival mode is going to be part of that. Forget what the price tag was, probably $5 bucks. So yea.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Well, the creation club for Skyrim was linked and the survival mode is going to be part of that. Forget what the price tag was, probably $5 bucks. So yea.

Why would any PC player care about that? #FrostFall #iNeeds
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    yeah, and i can't imagine any survival mode being remotely as good as the frostfall/campfire/last seed trinity - chesko is just THAT damn good​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    It's like some people still haven't realized 2 very obvious facts:

1. Creation Club is about consoles.
    2. Bethesda knows about all the free mods available on PC.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    If Creation Club is truly about consoles then maybe it should stay on just consoles.

• Options

If Creation Club is truly about consoles then maybe it should stay on just consoles.

Doesn't make sense. If you can get sales off PC players, why not offer? If a PC player decides to buy there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    I don't really care as long as Script Extenders for their respective games remain functional with whatever Creation Club updates Bethesda wants to push out the door.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Third party software is at the mercy of the software it's based on, not the other way around. Yeah it'd be nice if updates didn't break stuff, but it's the responsibility of the third party creators of skse/fose/whatever and mods to fix their stuff, not Bethesda's.
  • Options
    Yeah I know, not news to me.

Still doesn't change my mind about how intrusive and unnecessary it is for Creation Club to be hamfisted into the game instead of being an optional DLC.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

"New DLC, microtransaction store!" :3c

It's not even DLC. Most of it is just reskins barely even constitutes as mods.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

t's not even DLC. Most of it is just reskins barely even constitutes as mods.

Repeat after me "It's the only thing PS4 is getting".
  • Options
    yeah, PS4 players can't otherwise get even reskins, since it falls under 'custom assets', which is one of the things sony explicitly forbade in mods​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Wait, so this is basically a backdoor way to implement mods on PS4? I like it. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Wait, so this is basically a backdoor way to implement mods on PS4? I like it. :D

Buy a PC, done. Otherwise you are kind of getting ripped off if you are going the PS4 route.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    #pcmasterrace

Totally. But even so, there are weird people who like consoles for reasons I don't understand.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2017

#pcmasterrace

Totally. But even so, there are weird people who like consoles for reasons I don't understand.

I can't play games like Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 on PC, just to name a few console games that I really like. I don't think it's weird getting consoles to play exclusives. Plus, easy hook-up to my TV. Heck, even with Xbox1's "Play Anywhere", I play the recent Forza games on Xbox because they run really stable there.

When it comes to games like Skyrim or Fallout 4, it's objectively better to get those games on the PC simply due to Nexusmods support, not to mention 60 FPS capabilities.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Are we actually now debating why people would buy a console? Seems kind of silly :| I was more making light of Silver's "just buy a gaming pc, ez" statement... which is silly cause those things cost money.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    What's so silly about a suggestion to buy a PC? That's the gaming platform where the best mod support is at. If the player bought a PS4 version of FO4 with a pre-existing expectation that mod support for that platform was going to be spectacular in the near future then they've effectively screwed themselves over.

You don't need to spend a ridiculous amount of money for a PC rig setup that can run Fallout 4 or Skyrim well any way, as long as you do your proper research and are smart about what you buy. When it comes to Skyrim, a game that came out in 2012 (edit: end of 2011 to be more precise), by today's hardware standards a remarkably cheap hardware setup is sufficient to run the game pretty well.

Gaming in general is a somewhat expensive hobby. Gaming software and hardware companies cater to markets where people can afford that hobby, not those who can't, so yeah, if you want access to certain things exclusive or of perceived higher value, it's going to cost money. It just so happens that the availability of game mods in general and things like Steam Workshop give the PC platform a whole lot of extra value when compared to consoles and that's enough of a reason to invest in a gaming PC.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
  • Options
    Building a decent gaming rig is not a hard prospect. While I won't tell people to not buy a console for specific games, after all I do own a Switch and enjoy the console quite a lot and take it everywhere when I am not at home, when it comes to specific games to play, especially when people are looking for specific features of the game (such as mod support) you are usually going to get the better support on PC.

And considering how many people also shoot for super graphical fidelity with high frame rates, it is also a shock these same people still look to the console market. While I think that rat race is stupid now as there is very little improvement in graphical fidelity now as compared to gaming 10 or even just 20 years ago, it seems counter productive to argue about graphics and frame rate while still hugging a PS4 or Xbox1.

It has little to do with PC master race, it has the most to do with the simple fact that if you build your PC smartly, you won't have to replace parts as often as you will consoles as each new generation comes out and more and more games are coming to PC now with the pool of true exclusives dwindling (for instance console users use to believe that FF15 was so advanced it could not be ported to PC ever, turns out the Luminous engine was so crap it has to basically be re-optimized and FF15 is coming to PC anyways, and of course SquareEnix is talking to Epic and Nintendo to get FF15 ported to the Switch, so...). You can essentially future proof a PC through two console generations and only have to spot upgrade components not the entire unit unlike with consoles, which is even more ridiculous with these half measure upgrades at nearly twice the price of the original console that don't do as advertised (aka PS4 Pro and XBox 1 X).

If it's a money issue, with smart buying and building, you can easily cover the price of the two console units you will have to buy in the area of one PC. That's simple economics there. There are certain games I would want to play, but I can wait for their time exclusiveness to end and appear on the PC.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Yeah but, people are still gonna buy PS4s so the discussion is moot. Creation Club is the only way folks on PS4 are gonna get any mod-like content. Telling people to buy a PC doesn't change that.
  • Options
    PS4 can ALREADY get mods, as long as they don't have custom assets - because sony is an a.sshole​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Hence, Creation Club o3o
    Gotta love those PS4 Skyrim owners enjoying the game with bare bones access to mods ^_^
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

It's like some people still haven't realized 2 very obvious facts:

1. Creation Club is about consoles.
    2. Bethesda knows about all the free mods available on PC.

3. Bethesda also knows all about the free mods available on XBox. I run quite a few of those. (Also, they keep choosing things on the Creation Club to give away free. I've got Morgan's Spacesuit and both the Onyx and Chrome paintjobs for power armor now; I also used 50 of the 100 free credits to pick up the chrome Pip-Boy.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    creation club just went live for SSE - and that survival mode that's apparently their flagship 'creation' for it is free for a week

the other 3 things availabe in it are not, however​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Jonsils, repeat after me:

PS4

Spinny, repeat after me:

The Xbone is a console, too.

You want to discuss the PS4 in particular, it's quicker to type than "console".

• Options
    considering PS4 was discussed plenty before your comment, I don't even feel bad o3o
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    spinnytop said:

Yeah but, people are still gonna buy PS4s so the discussion is moot. Creation Club is the only way folks on PS4 are gonna get any mod-like content. Telling people to buy a PC doesn't change that.

Dafuq is this bollocks :^D I have Falllout 4 on Ps4 and I have mods out the butt. All sorts of mods that give me more building stuff, color my armor, make my own guns and all that stuff. There is nothing in the creation club that I would actually want or need.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

Dafuq is this bollocks :^D I have Falllout 4 on Ps4 and I have mods out the butt. All sorts of mods that give me more building stuff, color my armor, make my own guns and all that stuff. There is nothing in the creation club that I would actually want or need.
    A list of mods available for free on the PS4 can be found here. There are even more for the XBone - my understanding is that there are some graphical meshes that for some reason Sony won't approve, so their list is more limited - but I'm seeing over 2000 free mods for PS4 here, including the Clean & Smooth line of settlement mods (quite fond of these). Not my beloved Cheat Terminal, sadly, but...

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Well then there's a lot of odd information floating around u3u I don't own a PS4 cause I'm not a filthy poor person. What this does mean is that all the outrage over creation club is even more dumb. Why are people upset about this if everyone can have free mods and the upset people don't even want to buy the things in the club? It's like someone complaining that somebody opened a florist shop in their town that sells flowers arrangements they aren't interested in. Just don't shop there, and stop trying to claim that they might get the local park bulldozed just cause there's free flowers there. The 2nd revolution isn't coming, there won't be a repeat of the curated workshop rebellion, and creation club is here to stay. Also Bethesda doesn't owe you a thing, and you don't need video games. Buy or don't buy.

And let's all remember that these modders who get into the creation club are probably getting more money from bethesda than the "mod community" ever gave them.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Well then there's a lot of odd information floating around u3u I don't own a PS4 cause I'm not a filthy poor person.

I play a PC game with you and I also have a console and somehow I am the poor one.

• Options
    nepht said:

I play a PC game with you and I also have a console and somehow I am the poor one.

Yeah well fix your life, don't blame me ~3~
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Yeah well fix your life, don't blame me ~3~

Begone mortal.
  • Options
    Feels good being a God Gamer.
  • Options
    nepht said:

Begone mortal.

Seeing you bragging about owning garbage is sad o3o
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Begone mortal.

Seeing you bragging about owning garbage is sad o3o
    Foxi I like you your one of my best buddies on CO so don't take this as an attack on you but on the subjects of this creation club and your thoughts on consoles in general you are just plain wrong.

Creation Club is a scam trying to sell stuff you can get for free to people and you miss the point of consoles. They are ease of use devices. We are all PC gamers here so lets not bullshit we all know how much of a pain in the butt PC gaming can be. Sometimes you just want to fire up a game and mong out.

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Foxers please, stop trying to get a reaction out of people z( U.U)z​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    nepht said:

Foxi I like you your one of my best buddies on CO so don't take this as an attack on you but on the subjects of this creation club and your thoughts on consoles in general I disagree with you.

I fixed that for you. Thank me later ^_^

I don't care about consoles. The console vs pc discussion ( and all console vs console discussions ) is dumb, and anyone trying to seriously have it is dumb. That's why I ridicule anyone who tries to claim they are better for owning any combination of hardware. Cause they're dumb and they need to find something better to talk about o3o

Calling Creation Club a scam is just sensationalist nonsense. Lots of places sell things I don't want or things I think are low quality garbage - they're not a scam either. A scam would be if they advertised a gattling shotgun and after you ordered it they sent you a gif of a gattling shotgun. You know what you're getting, if you don't want it you don't buy it. The people who were involved in making it get paid either way and that's really the only part I care about - let me know if they do something stupid like making it royalty based.
    avianos said:

Foxers please, stop trying to get a reaction out of people z( U.U)z​​

You don't have to try to get a reaction out of people when it comes to this topic. All you have to do is give your honest opinion. If that's trolling nowadays then we're all screwed o3o
  • Options
    Well, to be blunt, the Creation Club is a scam. It's not sensationalist non-sense. Bethesda with Fallout 4 has been showing signs of being anti-modder for some time, trying to remove the control modders had from the get go. While some will argue that's just conjecture it's a simple fact that every update to Fallout 4 intentionally tried to lock mods out form the game if Bethesda couldn't control them. This was not done to protect consumers from "bad mods" out there as they like to claim. Hell nothing is further from the truth when they decided to arbitrarily lock out achievements in fallout 4 if you had a single mod installed, even if the mod was nothing but fixes for their broken **** game (and Bethesda games are always notoriously broken). They even continue this line of malarchy by claiming creation club mods will not do this, but creation club mods cannot be even remotely as complex as a modders mod.

This wasn't done for consolers. This wasn't done to bring the community together either. Bethesda saw the silver lining of the modding community and they saw that was a bunch of free content that many people that play these games actually get and that was a huge chunk of change they were not getting in on. They tried it once before with the Skyrim paid mods thing, which ironically the paid mods for Skyrim would have given the creators more money long term, but the end result is still the same. Bethesda wants to get the money for the work others are doing to improve or fix their broken games.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Those are some neat theories. However they don't make sense to me because in my world Bethesda is a game company that makes great games and has supported a thriving modding community for over a decade and a half.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Those are some neat theories. However they don't make sense to me because in my world Bethesda is a game company that makes great games and has supported a thriving modding community for over a decade and a half.

Well that's your world, yes. In my world I've had to mod each of my games to fix glaring issues, bugs and optimization. Even to this day on my powerful PC, Fallout 4 and Skyrim still have abhorrent load times, that would be even worse without the fan made optimization patches used.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS