test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cat =^.^=

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
An introduction for those who may not know or have misunderstood who I am;
Im going to be honest, so dont freak out as this is an introduction!!

Im known as Cat to those around here and in game, I go by Adventure Cat in other social medias. Im a big fan of cats, both big and small, but with my history for animal rescue and growing up in farm life, I enjoy working around and with animals and in nature,...so, im not a "dude" nor do i enjoy city life. My Italian heritage generally makes people uncomfortable, I grew up in an environment where we hug and kiss when ever we meet and part friends and family, it was rude not too, and outrageous to neglect to give a hug and kiss to your mom or grandma! Ive seen this often makes people uncomfortable. Uptight people get nervous from what I gather as a lack of love growing up (im guessing) and the media fed ones see it as flirting, but I blame that on the tough guy stereotype and over-sexualized media and entertainment, it seems to have ruined the close bond people would normally have, and has seemed to make them stand-offish and cold IMO.

I enjoy a laugh, both silly, cute and even dead pan humor. I try to be light hearted about things and not too serious, because I enjoy socializing with others, especially those who also enjoy humor and simple things in life like cute pets and a shared laugh. I will even make fun of myself from time to time, given some of my weaknesses for some of the games content Im unable to do or ignorance of some things I never knew about or took the time to learn. I like using gifs and memes, mostly of cats as emoticons. To help keep the mood lightened even during a disagreement to reassure the other I have no ill will towards them. Its actually my belief like my master taught me to love my neighbor as I do myself, people can push your buttons often on social media, and a handful have gotten my goat a few times here. But they are still human beings on the other end, and as my master taught me, if I wish to be forgiven I must also forgive, and as He has loved me, so to must I also love in return.

Im generally pretty strait forward out of respect for people to say whats on my mind which often gets me in trouble due to the political correctness that had been working hard to omit out constitution in my country "Im American." I was in fact raised to be one and was even a Boy Scout, and later in life a Christian. Yes I believe in Jesus so I will confess that without concern if someone gets their shorts in a bind or not, because if I deny Him before men He will deny me before the Father...No amount of threats, mockery or brow beating from men will get me to say otherwise since Im responsible for doing this openly when it comes up. Its who I am, and I shouldnt have to change being who I am when that isnt expected of anyone else! Mind you, (Im not here to preach, nor have I) But I will be honest with my answers IF ASKED! Which means out of respect for Him and those who I speak, im open and honest. When you ask you will get whats on my mind.

Bullies get under my skin too, so I have often stood up for people who where ether being piled on or where not there to stand up for theme selves. Ive also seen what hatred can do to people, and try my best to warn people not to walk that path out of concern for them. Its ruined lives. When they begin to troll or openly express prejudice for others. This makes some people very angry at me and you may have seen some of them continue to follow me about the forums unable to get past it. Tactful and ruthless with their underlying digs, they can make one a bit uptight sometimes when they hang on every word, so I am guilty of expecting to be bitten when they show up. So forgive me if I may seem too defensive at times. (once bitten twice shy)

Take the time to get to know me if you have interest, Im often in the game when i can find a chance to get on, given my work schedule around my farm, my employment and taking care of a disabled relative, Im a bit chaotic in my play times, and may often get called away from the keyboard. But im not that hard to get along with once given the chance. I have a bunch of toons, 95% of them are lolat puns or ideas I came up with to try out for fun, but you will most often catch me as Apothecary (Healer) Doragon (Tank) Blaze (DPS)

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Not to be confused with Cat@Splaid to spare any confusion.
  • Options

no, thats not me. CatStarSTO...Cat for short.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    spinnytop said:

...why do I feel like I just watched a campaign ad?

Have you ever thought about teaming up with me or someone else to make videos? Doing the missions like Whiteout while taking a moment every so often for a closeup of our toons for us to upload our own dialogue for them? (fan made cartoons) champs could use the advertising tbh!

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    catstarsto wrote: »
    I grew up in an environment where we hug and kiss when ever we meet and part friends and family, it was rude not too, and outrageous to neglect to give a hug and kiss to your mom or grandma! Ive seen this often makes people uncomfortable. Uptight people get nervous from what I gather as a lack of love growing up (im guessing) and the media fed ones see it as flirting, but I blame that on the tough guy stereotype and over-sexualized media and entertainment, it seems to have ruined the close bond people would normally have, and has seemed to make them stand-offish and cold IMO.
    Cultural differences aren't the same thing as any of the other things you're trying to blame it on. Respect cultural differences and other people won't be creeped out by awkward, unwanted attempts to kiss them.
    This makes some people very angry at me and you may have seen some of them continue to follow me about the forums unable to get past it. Tactful and ruthless with their underlying digs, they can make one a bit uptight sometimes when they hang on every word, so I am guilty of expecting to be bitten when they show up. So forgive me if I may seem too defensive at times. (once bitten twice shy)
    Maybe nobody's "following you around the forums" at all. Maybe some of the things you say are just cringy enough to warrant a response, specifically by people who hold polar opposite world views to yours. You could avoid those responses entirely by, you know, keeping those unpopular views to yourself. This is a public forum, where open discussions take place. It's not a one-sided vehicle for soapboxing, so if you try to use it as such, you're going to get replies by people who disagree with whatever you might be trying to say.

Let's try an experiment! Try going for a whole month without bringing up your political or religious views, and I bet those "mean, biting replies" will practically vanish.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    aesica said:

snip

CODE 0
    PM me for this kinda discussion in the future, to answer this would get me flagged...again!!

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Aesica's right tho. You act like people disagreeing with you is bullying.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    spinnytop said:

Aesica's right tho. You act like people disagreeing with you is bullying.

She wasnt..
    Im not allowed to discuss it,
    ...even if you guys are, but please dont take things out of context, twist things or use my censoring to take cheap shots.

• Options
    spinnytop said:

See, you're doing it right now.

I have to now, because you wont let it go....you never could!

Show me how easy you guys are to get along with for a change, if your able...

• Options
    snip

CODE 0
    PM me for this kinda discussion in the future, to answer this would get me flagged...again!!
    No real discussion needed. Just:

1) Check your political views at the door. It seems like most people here hold opposing views to yours, so do you really think you're going to change their minds? Or are you going to end up merely solidifying their own opinions even more? Either way, it's probably going to end up derailing threads and otherwise starting flame wars that the mods will eventually have to deal with putting out.

Political "debates" on forums, facebook, etc can be pretty much summed up like so:

Guy 1: "I believe __________"
    Guy 2: "You're wrong! [short essay]"
    Guy 1: "No you're wrong! [short counter-essay]"
    Guy 2: "NO YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE [article]"
    Guy 1: "THAT'S BIASED BECAUSE [counter-article]"
    Guy 2: "Whatever, you're ignorant/dumb/don't know what you're talking about/etc!"
    Guy 1: "No, YOU'RE ignorant/dumb/don't know what you're talking about/etc! [another article]"
    Guy 2: "You're still wrong! [meme]"
    Guy 1: "[counter-meme]"
    * This exchange loops for awhile, until finally concluding
    Guy 2: [leaves discussion, his own opinions even more solidified than ever before because THAT SIDE is crazy]
    Guy 1: [also has his worldviews fortified after having argued with someone who was CLEARLY wrong]

Productive, right?

2) Stop trying to play the victim card every time someone disagrees with you. There's a difference between "your political views suck" and "you as a person suck." Fact 1: I have nothing against you personally, I just think some of your world views are yucky. That's fine though. It's your right to have them. Fact 2: You're not being "censored" or otherwise targeted by any mods. That's utterly ridiculous, if not outright paranoid. I've noticed that my posts tend to get deleted at times as well, but the difference is that I don't get bent out of shape over it. I don't think I'm being censored or otherwise oppressed, but rather, I'm self-aware enough to realize that perhaps whichever posts of mine got removed might've been because I was heading too far off topic, or that I maybe I got a bit too fired up. I can admit that's something I do sometimes.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ...or you could just PM me if you have words, you know, to avoid your guys typical argument loops that get threads shut down...

perhaps if you feel Im not friendly enough you could, i dont know, show me how you would excel congenial behavior and see if things mellow out from there? You know, to avoid making a scene...and actually put an equal amount of effort in so you dont look hypocritical, and its not a one sided attempt to get along!

"Truce?"

• Options
    What's to truce? You're not under attack. I'm trying to help you out, rofl.​​
  • Options
    aesica said:

What's to truce? You're not under attack. I'm trying to help you out, rofl.​​

My goal here was to allow people to know where Im coming from, my beliefs conflict with many here, while I understand not everyone will be able to get along with me due our difference in opinion, I kinda left things open to see if anyone was friendly enough here not allow that to get in the way...even if some of you, "like you said" find me disgusting. How I feel personally about some of your guys beliefs and behavior is held in the same regard. That never stopped me from talking to any of you like a close friend even if you spurned my attempts, and talked down to me as though I where beneath you. Some of you dont make it easy, I try and remind some of you how mean you can be, none of you would tolerate your own behavior from others...but when I do, you mock and say Im playing the victim. I do my best to set the example, of how forgiving I can be for anyone who wants to leave such differences behind, even if it gets to me sometime, Im just human like you guys. But if you dont feel we can be friends, just stay clear of me to avoid any misunderstandings, PM if you feel you cant tolerate me and you will not be addressed by or referenced by me again. To keep the peace. If you feel you can be friends and get along with me, we can just go back to having fun again on the forums.

But if you want to complain about or point out my faults, bring it to a PM and lets leave our forums having more of a friendly face and not drag out squabbles openly. Debates and ideas is one things, but how things went in the trump thread is what we should try and avoid!! Im sure you guys want to represent your SG's with dignity, so If your for it, the best way to not see a problem is not to bring it up again, agreed?!

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2017

no, thats not me. CatStarSTO...Cat for short.
    this whole time I was misreading your name as Castrato.

By the way, the best way to bury the axe and forgive is to let it die quietly. You don't always need the last word. Maybe take a break from the forum if it's getting you this worked up. As it is, it's kind of attracting debate. The topic is directly about who you are, and you've been around here for a while, so what else would they discuss?

I'm locking this by the way, so that more people (online, thousands of miles away) don't feel tempted to comment on your interesting and very elaborate and lengthy views on personal interaction and religion. On this website where it isn't exactly possible to hug/kiss people. Hang out with family or real-life friends if that's what you enjoy!

If you need advice on what is and isn't appropriate to put into an introduction thread, feel free to ask or take a look at some of the other topics posted in this forum section!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

This discussion has been closed.