test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please let us choose how powers are activated.

Without a doubt the thing I would like added to CO the most is the ability to change how a power is activated. I dislike the combo powers due to having to repeatedly press the key to complete the attack chain. For example, Bullet Beatdown Ballet is a seven hit combo, which means you have to mash the button over and over whenever you use it. Unfortunately if you don't take certain combo powers as a Freeform you lose out on a benefit such as Might's Defensive Combo buffs for your next attack, so skipping a combo isn't a good choice for your custom AT.

We can spend zero Advantage Points to change the FX of Venomous Breath, so I think it would be great if CO would allow us to spend zero Advantage Points to change a combo to a maintain; perhaps the entire maintain could last two or three combo cycles before we need to start the attack again. I miss CoX's taps with long cool downs and powers like Full Auto completing the attack with a single button press. Even better you could Ctrl+left click an attack and it would toggle an auto-activate whenever the power was refreshed. CO has toggles, but they seem to be only for Power Armor attacks.

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    While I agree that button-mashing sucks, 0 point advantages (all advantages, actually) can be complicated since you're basically making a brand new power for each one. Instead, it'd be nice if the setting that allows energy builders to be taps, toggles, or maintains would also apply to combos.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    How powers activate interacts with other aspects of the game, though. For instance: Aura of Arcane Clarity, Energy Unlocks, Toggle Forms.

Switching a tap into a toggle is more than QoL.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

How powers activate interacts with other aspects of the game, though. For instance: Aura of Arcane Clarity, Energy Unlocks, Toggle Forms.

Switching a tap into a toggle is more than QoL.

If it were up to me, the way I'd do it would only really affect certain powers--specifically combos into maintains to save the fingers some button-mashing. Obviously charged abilities, click abilities, etc, and especially passive abilities wouldn't be affected.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).