test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170518.2 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Destroids
  • Added Destroid Crest costume to the debugger and to the Destroids Rise Again drop table.
  • Added Destroid Guard costume to the debugger and the Destroid drop tables.
  • Added preview images for most items.
  • Added new action figures.
  • Changed the hold on the Surge Accelerator device into a paralyze.

Misc
  • All unique alerts now give out small amounts of UNTIL recognition (1~3) from the reward circle.
  • All unique alerts now have a chance at giving out the Second Wind heal device and questionite boxes from the reward circle.
  • Warlords rewards are now all located at the reward circle (instead of appearing at the player).
  • Switched many alert costumes over to blue quality to help disperse the costumes on the auction house. (Increasing the amount of auction house results is unfortunately not something we can do at this time.)
  • Moved the Grab costumes from the Grab the Money and Run alert to the reward circle instead of mob drops.
  • Added Bluejay Mantle as a new reward for Grab the Money and Run.
  • Added an additional XP reward to the Cybermind alert.
  • Fixed a bug with the Pawprint aura where it occasionally would not be visible for females.
  • Added new perk icons to many of the exchange perks.
  • Fixed a bug where R3 Quick Reload was not giving the correct amount of energy.
​​

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Good stuff overall, however:

Any chance you guys would consider just putting consumable devices like Second Wind on a vendor instead of spreading them around as (often unwanted) drops? That way, people who want them or need them for a specific encounter can reliably obtain them while those who don't want or need them don't have to fight the extra inventory clutter.
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    So many Second Winds...

Suggestion:
    Increase the stack cap of healing items to 99 instead of 20.

A lot of players' inventory/bank slots are piled with Second Winds. Please increase it so we can save slots.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I don't even bother to vend Second Wind anymore--immediate trash.

That being said, many players, especially folks leveling ATs without a self-heal, use them a bunch.

That also being said, some new players do not know that healing devices can be bought from vendors at a low cost.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    ["Suggestion Blue" goes here, why is this not working?]
    Suggestion
    please take this opportunity and tone down G.R.A.B the money and Run and Harmon Labs Heist enemies KNOCKS
    the knocks outright ignore knock resistance, knock lock you, and at least 3 members per group has access to them (Frag Grenade and Shotgun)

in the G.R.A.B alert it's also annoying since the instance space is quite tight and you always get collided with the objects

now that the unlock continions have changed for warlord have been change, we will be forced to deal with NPC knock exploits

[/"Suggestion Blue", are the HTML codes bugged?]

wasn't NPC Frag Grenade suppose to change to be a REPEL? because this is definatly not a repel
    Added Bluejay Mantle as a new reward for Grab the Money and Run.

Yay more NPC exlusive unlocks :smiley:

Why doesn't the Serpent Collar becomes part of the Red Snake alert as well?
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Healing items already had their stack increased from 6 to 20 a while back. They will not be raised again.​​
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    You can sell Second Wind stacks on the AH. I did and someone actually bought it.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    In the Debugger, Destroid Guard costume (for me anyways) shows as already unlocked (grey mask icon), and double-clicking the item returns "Costumes for this item are already unlocked," though that is not the case and the costume does not show in Tailor.
    avianos said:

["Suggestion Blue" goes here, why is this not working?]

I did some digging, and I think I have the answer to this. Arc/PWE/Whatever has been monkeying with the forum code structure in various ways, which has (among other things) broken much of the extension's functionality. On top of that, the extension creators seem to have moved on to other things, so I don't anticipate any fixes coming for it anytime soon. So...I switched it off and now I can color things again through html.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kaizerin said:

Fixed a bug with the Pawprint aura where it occasionally would not be visible for females.
    They now show up when running around forward in all directions, yes. There's a variation of how easily they're seen, but that can be chalked up to them just being footsteps. They don't show up as well going backwards, but you won't be moving in reverse anywhere near as often. And they're fine when walking.

Although they don't show up during Acro anymore at all. Still, definitely improved, Kaiserin. Thanks.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Suggestion: add [Destreum Bearing] to the drop table for the destroids OM.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

Isn't Kaizerin going to remove those in the future?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

I'd be shocked if this happened, but given the difficulty of the OM, it wouldn't really be out of place. (In fact the OM is better than the Rampage)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    I did some digging, and I think I have the answer to this. Arc/PWE/Whatever has been monkeying with the forum code structure in various ways, which has (among other things) broken much of the extension's functionality. On top of that, the extension creators seem to have moved on to other things, so I don't anticipate any fixes coming for it anytime soon. So...I switched it off and now I can color things again through html.
    Well this is definatly unpleasant
    and the HMTL colour code doesn't work for me neither with or without the add on active :dissapointed:
    this doesn't help with the Forum Quality and cannot mark suggestions and bugs with coloured text anymore >_>
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    avianos said:

and the HMTL colour code doesn't work for me neither with or without the add on active :dissapointed:

this doesn't help with the Forum Quality and cannot mark suggestions and bugs with coloured text anymore >_>

Despite what help suggests, you can't use styles to set color, you need to use something like <font color=red>.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Seeing as how they intend to get rid of these I can't see it happening either. But I'd be all for it if it did.
    edited May 2017
    avianos said:

Well this is definatly unpleasant

It's a little weird in how it behaves. I find that I can't add color via font tags to posts I've made with the forum extension, but new posts (such as this one) work fine. This works, but I couldn't go back and edit font tags into my suggestion post. (Note: We should probably move any further conversation about this to another thread so we don't derail this one)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica said:

Any chance you guys would consider just putting consumable devices like Second Wind on a vendor instead of spreading them around as (often unwanted) drops? That way, people who want them or need them for a specific encounter can reliably obtain them while those who don't want or need them don't have to fight the extra inventory clutter.

The idea seems to be to make them drops so people who don't think about healing items/don't know about them will basically have them shoved in their faces as a sort of "HEY DID YOU KNOW THAT THESE ARE A THING?" neon sign. You know, since there are apparently people who didn't know this game has heal pots.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

The idea seems to be to make them drops so people who don't think about healing items/don't know about them will basically have them shoved in their faces as a sort of "HEY DID YOU KNOW THAT THESE ARE A THING?" neon sign. You know, since there are apparently people who didn't know this game has heal pots.
    I just find the whole mechanic of how you use them terribly unpleasant. Using conviction has always just been easier.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    *raises hand slowly* I enjoy getting second wind. I never buy heal pots (forget). I don't find them to be a useless drop and think they enhance the average player experience. *lowers hand and hides*

The updates for the event look marvelous!

I'm curious though if we ever got those summon shadow skins. Are those the cat/jackal options? I hadn't played the game in years since this past October and never thought to check. I don't know if those skins have been around. This is probably derailing the thread just a touch though...

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    edited May 2017
    darqaura2 said:

I just find the whole mechanic of how you use them terribly unpleasant. Using conviction has always just been easier.

Keep in mind not every player has access to Freeform, not to mention some AT does not have a direct heal power for them to use.

edited May 2017
    delete this please

blumoon8 said:

*raises hand slowly* I enjoy getting second wind. I never buy heal pots (forget). I don't find them to be a useless drop and think they enhance the average player experience. *lowers hand and hides*

Despite my own complaints, I must agree with this point. Second Wind is very useful for some players. Adding them as a regular special alert drop is fine.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    ^ That almost makes me want a [Consumable Device Nullifier] that I can equip to not have that crap pollute my inventory.

I mean, I get that they're useful to some folks, which is good. That's why I wish they were available from a shop so people could get them any time they need them rather than feeling forced to stockpile. For the rest of us, that means less inventory purging. Sounds like a win/win to me.
    aesica said:

I mean, I get that they're useful to some folks, which is good. That's why I wish they were available from a shop so people could get them any time they need them rather than feeling forced to stockpile. For the rest of us, that means less inventory purging. Sounds like a win/win to me.

The equivalent is available in a few shops, using UNTIL, Resources, etc. Second Wind is about as good as any other healing consumable.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    darqaura2 said:

Yeah but for that you have to actually take conviction, not an option for everyone. Pots are for everyone.
    aesica said:

^ That almost makes me want a [Consumable Device Nullifier] that I can equip to not have that crap pollute my inventory.

The struggle is real.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    Paw print aura doesn't work with bestial stances.
This discussion has been closed.