test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New 4th of July Event Stuff

stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
The stars on Flag Speed are neat. Make just those an aura. If you want to be fancy, make three auras for white, black, and colors.
And/or make a Star Speed / Star Acro.
Essentially, it would be like the Valentine Hearts but with stars.

Fireworks Aura. Red-White-Blue and colors versions.

If you're feeling ambitious: Fireworks player powers. This is totally random, but seems like it would still be a fun, one-off thing. Bonus if it can stun. Something like Jubilee's powers from the 90s X-Men cartoon, but less lame.​​
YouTube - Steam - Twitter
[at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    +1 to everything here.

That said, there already is a star trail aura. I think it even came from the 4th event last year.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    YES. Especially fireworks powers
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I'm amazed there isn't a Hover Tank colored Red White and Blue or the commies running around MC and attacking people as a group.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    That said, there already is a star trail aura. I think it even came from the 4th event last year.

I didn't see it in last year's news article and I don't think I really logged in at all for the event. My new character needs a star aura / speed / acro power.

Don't really care about vehicles, but hey, why not a much nicer model patriot tank? The red-white-blue we have is the ugliest grav bike model.​​
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    I've missed a few costume sets, but did we ever get anything like this set that was suggested? Seems like it would fit in well with 4th/Patriot Day.
    Flag Tights​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    personally, I would like to see the Heroic Pose emote in the event's vendor, the one with the hands on the hips

You know the one, the one that looks identical to City of Heroes pose, that's really heroic, it bugs me that NPCs taunt us with itlatest?cb=20061025234917
    i don't have a ingame reference available right now, have this instead, its the same pose anyway

if that pose becomes Gold reward like the sassy one, i swear to god, please dear devs make it for the EVENT​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    While the patriot event will likely pop up on pts soonish, these were introduced last year:

Trailing Star Aura (Black, White, Colorable)
    Sparks Aura
    Glint Trail Aura
    Sparkle Fireworks (Vanity Device, perm and temp versions)
    Firework (Vanity Device, perm and temp versions)
    Flag Jump​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Can we get red, white, and blue millennial flight? MF can already technically do this (activate it with one color, change its color before it generates its stage 3 glow, change its color again before it generates its overdrive glow) but it's a big pain.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Oh! Lady Hawk! That AF doesn't exist as far as I know and is kinda / sorta liberty themed.

I don't remember the Trailing Star Aura. Probably because I haven't seen it on the AH with the glinty / sparky ones.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    I don't remember the Trailing Star Aura. Probably because I haven't seen it on the AH with the glinty / sparky ones.
    It follows the bind-to-character-on-pickup model like all event auras. That's why. :(​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    avianos said:

personally, I would like to see the Heroic Pose emote in the event's vendor, the one with the hands on the hips

You know the one, the one that looks identical to City of Heroes pose, that's really heroic, it bugs me that NPCs taunt us with it
    i don't have a ingame reference available right now, have this instead, its the same pose anyway

if that pose becomes Gold reward like the sassy one, i swear to god, please dear devs make it for the EVENT​​

Here are some in-game references...

totally /signed........ especially as Gold Bonus Reward ;)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    anyway made my own suggestion thread about that emote
    totally /signed........ especially as Gold Bonus Reward ;)

Not Funny, do you know that 3 items which I suggested ingame and in forums, got locked behind the Gold Vendor?
    Do you have any idea how sad and upset this makes me? :angry:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!