test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170310.21 - Nightmare Invasion/Power Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Nightmare Invasion
  • Added preview images to missing items.
  • Updated boss drop table to include the auras in the store.
  • Greatly increased the chance to get action figures from bosses.
  • Added a exchange vendor to the Toy Master.
  • Added goto mission to Golden Seraph for the toymaster's store.
  • The toy master will now take spare nightmare action figures and exchange them for titles or extra Elysium Coins.
  • New Exchange Titles: Horror, Horror Story, Nightmare, Conspirator, From the Shadows, Seraphim, Skeletal, Manipulator, Imp.

Archetypes
  • Corrected diminishing return values on the Void archetype.
  • The Void can now choose between Shadow Shroud or Dark Transfusion at level 30.

Misc
  • The initial soundfx for Upload teleport will now only play for you and not any other players.

Power Changes
  • Cleaned up most of the Darkness power tooltips.
  • The heals on shade storm, ebon ruin and grasping shadows are considered lifedrain effects for power purposes like dark transfusion.
  • Illumination (power) now has access to challenge advantage.
  • Aurora and Rebirth should now share a cooldown.

Ebon Ruin
  • Power now refreshes any of your existing despair dots when fully charged.
  • Adjusted despair dot damage to be based on the damage of Ebon Ruin and rank up.
  • Despair dot now ticks once every 2 seconds, damage has been adjusted taking this into account.
  • Despair Dot now ignores shields and cannot be dodged.
  • No longer summons a pet.
  • Cost has been recalculated for the removal of the pet.
  • New advantage: Consumes any shadows you summoned with the power summon shadows and heals you for each one consumed.

Holy Water
  • New Advantage: Applies Deadly Poison instead of Disorient.

New Power: Dark Tether
  • Similar to other lariat powers.
  • Advantage: Work Up
  • Advantage: Applies the Devoid debuff on full charge.

New Power: Shade Storm
  • Unlockable via the GCR store
  • Similar to powers like Conflagration.
  • Chance to fear targets.
  • Advantage: Chance to knock down targets. Knocks into the air if targets are feared.
  • Advantage: Consumes your fear stacks and heals you.
  • Advantage: When fully maintained stuns targets.

New Power: Holy Torrent
  • Unlockable via the GCR store
  • Damages foes and heals nearby allies.
  • Consumes all illumination or illuminated stacks and heals/does more damage if consumed.
  • Advantage: Knocks down targets.
  • Advantage: Chance to apply Clinging Flames. Chance is guaranteed against illuminated targets.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    bye bye "no ebon ruin" at cosmics
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    THANK YOU! FINALLY! <3<3<3<3​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • pubiwodipubiwodi Posts: 10 Arc User

Bug: Holy Torrent does not heal the user (may be working as intended).
    Where it happens: Upon using Holy Torrent.
    What happens: The player using Holy Torrent receives no heals from the power

Bug: Holy Torrent is unaffected by some healing cost and effectiveness specializations (also applies to Absorb Heat).
    Where it happens: Using Holy Torrent while under the effects of a variety of specializations.
    What happens: Holy Torrent ignores some specializations which affect healing power cost or effectiveness. Examples: Administer, Conservation, Preservation, Genesis, Enforcer.
    Note: Healing effectiveness specialization testing was based on what the power tooltip reports before and after committing to a specialization. Other healing powers were affected by such specializations, while Holy Torrent wasn't.

Bug: Holy Torrent can't critically heal without hitting a hostile target.
    Where it happens: Upon using Holy Torrent with no nearby hostile targets.
    What happens: Holy torrent will not critically heal if the attack portion of the power hits no targets.

Bug: Inconsistent on-crit specialization triggering when using Holy Torrent.
    Where it happens: When Holy Torrent scores a critical hit.
    What happens: Some on-crit specialization effects do not trigger when using Holy Torrent. For example, Reinforce does not trigger at all, while Fortify only triggers reliably with the critical heal portion of the power; the damage portion requires a critical hit on the hostile target farthest from the user.

Suggestion: Lower the energy cost or increase the heal amount on Holy Torrent
    Holy Torrent's energy cost is around 40% higher than Absorb Heat's (a similar power) while healing for a lower amount. It also (currently) does not heal the user, and is unaffected by several specializations which reduce costs and increase effectiveness of outgoing heals (as is AH).

Suggestion: If Holy Torrent is currently working as intended, allow it to heal the user.
    Holy Torrent is currently only useful in group content, since the damage portion is low enough (comparable to a single tic of Fire Breath, two if Illuminated is consumed) that it is unlikely it will be used as a primarily offensive power. Giving it a self-heal component, even if it is a portion of the allied heal, would give this power more use outside of group content.

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Holy Torrent can apply Clinging Flames? ...why? It's water. CF isn't the same as being scalded.

Nice changes to Ebon Ruin. Darkness peeps won't be scolded for using ER in Cosmics now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Ebon Ruin
    Power now refreshes any of your existing despair dots when fully charged.
    Adjusted despair dot damage to be based on the damage of Ebon Ruin and rank up.
    Despair dot now ticks once every 2 seconds, damage has been adjusted taking this into account.
    Despair Dot now ignores shields and cannot be dodged.
    No longer summons a pet.
    Cost has been recalculated for the removal of the pet.
    New advantage: Consumes any shadows you summoned with the power summon shadows and heals you for each one consumed.

BLESS YOUR SOUL!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Holy Torrent can apply Clinging Flames? ...why? It's water. CF isn't the same as being scalded.

Nice changes to Ebon Ruin. Darkness peeps won't be scolded for using ER in Cosmics now.

Would imply the use of "Water Powerset". . .

Yay~

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • darkdiablo#9147 darkdiablo Posts: 49 Arc User
    Dark Tether looks quite lame. Why not giving this the animation of Roin'esh knock-to?
    In-game handle: @Dark_Diablo
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    This is not a darkness framework review, just some touch ups. Please take any other darkness power suggestions to the suggestion box.​​
    edited May 2017
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight... My suggestion for only Dark Tether got deleted Yet the post with LONG unrelated suggestions is still hereonion-65.gif
    New Power: Shade Storm
    Unlockable via the GCR store
    Similar to powers like Conflagration.
    Chance to fear targets.
    Advantage: Chance to knock down targets. Knocks into the air if targets are feared.
    Advantage: Consumes your fear stacks and heals you.
    Advantage: When fully maintained stuns targets.
    What is the DPS potential of this power?

It sounds REALLY awesome, and if it has the DPS potential of Conflagration I have already found use for it

I'm really happy Darkness is getting extra power
    New Power: Dark Tether
    Similar to other lariat powers.
    Advantage: Work Up
    Advantage: Applies the Devoid debuff on full charge.
    Deleted Criticism about cookie cutter reskined chains

another power with Devoid debuff is super useful, this may be the missing link to help Martial Art builds experised in Dimensional melee damage
    and since those powers are useful primary for their restoration ADVs, this is a WIN-WIN case for both theme, survability and utility :+1:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

I think it has to do with how Holy Water burns anything that is the demonic and the undead.
    edited May 2017
    qawsada wrote: »
    I think it has to do with how Holy Water burns anything that is the demonic and the undead.

Just like Holy Water harms Vampires, so it does make sense thematically​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The soundfx for Upload teleport will now only play for you and not any other players.
    ​​

Please do this for rainbow flight too.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User

Please consider giving Shade Storm its own distinct SFX, giving it a more distinct icon, and perhaps fleshing out its visuals a touch. Atm, it's just a reskin of Avalanche and unfortunately underwhelming.
    I want to like Shade Storm, but it feels like it still needs to be fleshed out. I'm pretty sure you guys are still working on it, but I wanted to point it out as soon as possible. I feel like it's appearance needs to be notch top quality even more so because it is a GCR store power. All the other powers of that type (Conflag/Avalanche/Lightning Storm) feel unique and Shade Storm deserves to feel the same. I feel like one of the the things I hate the most is how "bright" the color is when the shards impact. There should be some black in those visuals with the color as accents. Darkness has always had such a beautiful theme in that regard.

I adore dark tether. Perhaps the visuals could be slightly touched up so the outer edge has more obvious color? (I know it sounds like I'm contradicting myself! I did say slightly though. lol)

Holy Torrent feels... a touch awkward for me, and that's probably because the character model is essentially throwing their arms out, pressing their breasts toward the sky and then... liquids everywhere. I love that you guys are really working toward the water visuals though and I love the advantages and everything the power does! Well done!

Excellent on the rest of the changes! I know the Ebon Ruin has needed to be axed for awhile. :)

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    ...No pet on Ebon Ruin? Yay, I can finally go back to leveling my darkness character!
    edited May 2017
    morigosa said:

...No pet on Ebon Ruin? Yay, I can finally go back to leveling my darkness character!

How did this possibly stop you from leveling? sounds like a silly notion, it's not like you're leveling via Comics, right?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    rtma said:

How did this possibly stop you from leveling? sounds like a silly notion, it's not like you're leveling via Comics, right?

Theme. Now, if the pets had been, say, floating orbs of shadow? I could've worked with that. But what they were? Nope. Did not fit that character. At all. And I had plenty of other characters to work on instead.
    @morigosa Understandable.

• sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    "From the Shadows" title? Ninjas everywhere, rejoice! (or 'ninja' as its own plural, if you prefer)
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Suggestion: Shadow Shroud's icon
    Since it is the same as Shadow Form, I wonder if we could have it change it for the one with green shade, used on the Void Possesion device please?
    ​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    -Nevermind-
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

BUG:

Dark Transfusion's damage-boosting advantage works only for the first few attacks (2 ticks/charges or so), the buff will stay there but the damage boost goes away after so.

Given that the advantage specifically states that it goes away after a specific amount of damage, that sounds like Working As Intended.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The bossfight on this event is a bit to easy. In particular the two charge attacks are really low damage. Even unblocked they aren't really a big problem for a strong tank build.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    My thoughts on this, for what it's worth:

Ebon Ruin
    It's good that the cosmic crowd no longer has to deal with the pet doing stupid things, however for everyone else, the new version is a straight-up nerf in terms of utility. Allow me to explain why: 1) the pet makes a semi-useful shield for soloing when you want something else to soak up a few knocks and stuns, and 2) The healing was a fantastic bonus feature that was largely overlooked due to people not using this power because "ERMHAGERD PERTS R BERD!"

Please consider one of these things as a middle ground of sorts:

1) Change "Back to the Darkness" to "From the Darkness" and have it be a way for people to opt back in to the shadow pet if they want it. (It should be 50-100% chance to summon based on charge time, regardless of rank since rank 3 cannot be obtained with this advantage)

2) Change the Despair dot to heal the user for 50% of any damage it does. This is to retain the healing given from the shadow pet and should be roughly similar to what it used to give, if not a bit weaker.

3) Move the shadow summon over to Dark Tether as an advantage. 50-100% chance to summon, based on charge time.

Dark Tether
    This is the start of a good utility power option for Darkness, but it seems like it could do a bit...more. It also should probably look a little more...wispy, tendrily, or energy-ish. Right now, it just looks like a black string or chain.

An alternate source of Devoid is neat, however this one is inferior to Shadow Blast in many ways:

1) Shadow Blast is spammable, Dark Tether has a cooldown

2) Shadow Blast has 100ft range, Dark Tether has only 50ft.

3) Shadow Blast applies Devoid innately, Dark Tether requires 2 advantage points.

To offset these, why not have it apply Devoid 100% of the time, regardless of charge time?

Shade Storm
    While I greatly welcome the addition of an aoe of this type finally being available outside the energy projector set, please don't gate this behind the GCR store. :( Just like Mind Drain, the legion of lariats, and the mountain of melee stuns, it's an existing power reskin, not a new, unique power.

Void Feast: Consuming Fear is an illogical and somewhat disruptive thing to stuff into Darkness because its energy unlock depends on Fear being present. In this case, the heal isn't really strong enough to warrant permanently locking the user out of their energy unlock when they use this power. Also, the heal seems to happen a couple times per target, which doesn't seem intentional. All around pretty buggy. Please consider changing this advantage to: Your Shade Storm has a X% chance to heal you if Shade Storm deals damage to a target affected by Fear.

Holy Torrent
    This power doesn't seem to heal the user. Bug or intentional?

That said, this power is a neat idea, but the "consumes the X" doesn't seem like it offers anything really very interesting gameplaywise. Press Illumination, press Holy Torrent, get intended result. Part of that could be because Illumination as a buff isn't very interesting. (The debuff is fine though, but that's for another topic I suppose)

So instead of consuming Illumination/ed for more damage/healing, why not have it do that much damage/healing base, and give it an advantage to apply those effects to targets it hits instead? That would make it feel less fiddly and more like a solid power, worthy of gating behind the gcr grind​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited May 2017
    Holy Torrent does not heal the user by intent.

Shade Storm's heal advantage still triggers Spirit Reverberation before the Fear is consumed. If you are not experiencing this, please report it as a bug.

Also, Summon Shadows can have pet costume options. there will be 2 new ones next patch, but that is something that can be suggested (must stick to the human skeleton for attack animation purposes and costumes should be simplistic for memory use).​​
    I think Shade Storm should do similar damage to avalanche, since the secondary effects are about equally useful.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    gradii said:

Really not liking this trend of almost every new power being gated behind the GCR grind.​​

Most of the new powers in munitions were free, and the exception was lockbox. What trend?
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

gradii said:

Really not liking this trend of almost every new power being gated behind the GCR grind.​​

Most of the new powers in munitions were free, and the exception was lockbox. What trend?
    Mind Drain
    Hydra
    These two powers
    the other darkness AoE(forgot the name)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited May 2017
    Holy Water needs to better healing. The HoT is just a tiny bit better than the light everlasting advantages.

Holy Torrent is to dependent on illumination to do good healing, it's extremely difficult to get illumination on the targets that will be affected by the heal in any bigger group fights. As a pbaoe it's also outperformed quite a bit by vala's light, and circle of of radiant glory (healing might be slightly higher on torrent, but the heal is only a secondary part of the circle). And the big 25feet damage (low as it is) restricts the use during the red orb phase on Eidolon.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Also, Summon Shadows can have pet costume options. there will be 2 new ones next patch, but that is something that can be suggested (must stick to the human skeleton for attack animation purposes and costumes should be simplistic for memory use).​​

Suggestions:
    + Chaos Imps
    + Ghost Pirates
    + Ghostly Skinned Generic Humanoids
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited May 2017
    There is nothing wrong with having Unlockable powers in GCR/SCR vendor
    if anything it encourage more endgame farming... and more Currency sink

Powers being locked behind event vendors on the other hand...

BTW im REALLY looking forward for Shade Storm
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Also, Summon Shadows can have pet costume options. there will be 2 new ones next patch, but that is something that can be suggested (must stick to the human skeleton for attack animation purposes and costumes should be simplistic for memory use).

The imp from Qliphothic Warzone would make a great skin
    Why am I even suggesting this? I cannot change power colours and skins​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    How about an actual skeleton? That'll stick to the human skeleton for attack animation purposes :P
  • yes, my necromancer would very much appreciate being able to reskin shadows as skeletons​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    kaizerin said:

I'd suggest a couple of basic black/shadow were-animal looks - werewolf, snake, and lion all come to mind as costumes that should be pretty simple.

Skeletons - both human and monstrous - would be nice too, but I'm not sure if those would qualify as 'simplistic'.
    Not the thread to be discussing general pet customization. Shadow pet suggestions are okay, anything else should be posted elsewhere. Off topic posts have been removed.​​
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Could we get some generic demons and the Halloween ghost? Ghost might be problematic without legs, not sure.
    Shade Storm's heal advantage still triggers Spirit Reverberation before the Fear is consumed. If you are not experiencing this, please report it as a bug.
    Spirit Reverb doesn't follow the "X energy every 3 sec for 6 sec" model all of the more modern EUs follow, so it'll trigger it initially for one tick of energy, but after that, it does nothing since the Fear is gone. As long as Fear is so heavily tied to making Spirit Reverb work, I'd strongly suggest against anything that consumes Fear for an effect.
    Also, Summon Shadows can have pet costume options. there will be 2 new ones next patch, but that is something that can be suggested (must stick to the human skeleton for attack animation purposes and costumes should be simplistic for memory use).
    Here's some off the top of my head:

- Socrates/Rogue Processes (not Dark themed, I know, but it'd still be neat)
    - Zombies
    - Skeletons with various weapons (may not work is the attack animation must be uniform)
    - Qliphothasdf horrors/imps/etc
    - Ghosts (glowy, legs invisible)
    - Shadow Orbs (all body parts invisible but the head. shadowy.)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    That's probably because spirit reverb gives all of it's boost in 1 go, rather than over time.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    For shadow summon skins, I agree with the idea of ghosts or chaos imps/creatures. I honestly don't agree with zombies or skeletons as there is already an undead summoning power (March of the Dead).​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    My suggestions for the summon shadows skins would be

-Dark, shadowy occultists
    -Shadowy demonic beings (not like the ones from the ebon summoning power, unique beings).

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    nbkxs wrote: »
    That's probably because spirit reverb gives all of it's boost in 1 go, rather than over time.
    Exactly. It's generally not really noticeable or even a big deal when you consider how many damage over time and maintain effects Darkness has, their frequent ticks allowing it to function similar to an over-time EU. But by inroducing something that rips away Fear, the way Spirit Reverb works starts to become problematic.​​

That's really dissapointing​​
    Light Streaks aura color has an incorrect offset.
    Light Tendrils aura doesn't tilt with the body position. This is most notable when flying, the "feet tendrils" spawn quite a bit under your character.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Bug: Summon Shadows has the same appearance for Default and Shadow.
    The other two shadow pet variant appearances are gone, which used to correspond to R2 and R3 of the Summon Shadows power.

Please fix this. I have a toon whose concept is summoning shadow clones, based on the old R3 shadow pet appearance.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2017
    BUG?: unless this has been fixed
    is the Elysium Guard perk still bugged and gives the wrong title?
    The first time I did the event last year, it gave out the Colossal Menace title instead of the Elysium Guard

SPHaZz0.png

I was on holidays when we have Nightmare Invansion for the second time last year and I forgot about that

please Fix this and provide a solution for FIXER NPC for those who have already completed the perk
    ​​
This discussion has been closed.