• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    See now that's interesting. It looks like a snail! :'D
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Key Price 80 G, 400 Q per 1 Z

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2017
  • Options

The thread certainly isn't implying doom. For instance, masses of folks buying and flooding the market with keys is quite good for the game.

I just noticed a recent drop in prices, and was curious as to what people thought.

Just quoting myself, for emphasis, to be clear what the point of the thread is. This isn't a doom thread, even a little.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Keys 79 G, 400 Q per 1 Zen

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    There have been several packs of keys in the AH at 750 G for 10 of them for quite a while now (at least a couple of weeks).

How does that factor into your numbers?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

There have been several packs of keys in the AH at 750 G for 10 of them for quite a while now (at least a couple of weeks).

How does that factor into your numbers?

They don't.

Just reporting per key AH price, and Q for Z at the first time I log in each day.

Not doing an exhaustive analysis. Feel free to do more, if you like.

80 G per key, 412 Q for 1 Z.

• Options
    edited April 2017

They don't.

Just reporting per key AH price, and Q for Z at the first time I log in each day.

Not doing an exhaustive analysis. Feel free to do more, if you like.

80 G per key, 412 Q for 1 Z.

Hmm.... that's not what you said in your first post that started your analysis. In it you quoted key prices for "in bulk" sales...

So, today, saw keys selling in bulk for 68 G.
    Zen was selling for only 395 Q each.

And looking slightly further on the list of keys for sale in the AH doesn't require that much more of an analysis.

For your analysis to be more accurate you need to take these packs of 10 keys into account just like you have taken other "in bulk" sales into account, otherwise your key price claims that went over 75 G per key were incorrect as long as these packs existed in the AH.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I guess the bulk sale of keys at 50G previously shown don't factor into anything as well.

And they don't. Neither does an isolated instance of a bulk sale at 68G per key that's hardly indicative of any sort of price trend. In fact, the current "trend" being shown right now (assuming it's objective hard data for anything) with all these price update posts show that the price of keys and Q exchange rates have gone up, in a thread with a subject ironically named "Key / Z prices down.

I could right now spend some ZEN into buying 10 keys from the Z-store and put each of them up for 40G at the AH. Sure I might be selling them at arguably the "lowest prices seen in years", but it doesn't mean anything conclusive considering that they'd be sold in minutes if not quicker for them to have any sort of lasting "impact" on the market. What's much more conclusive is that people tend to stick to this consensus that a reasonable price for cosmic keys hovers around the 80 - 90G mark these days.

When the price trend drops to 50G or below is maintained that way for months on end, then yes, one can say that the prices for keys would most certainly be the "lowest prices seen in years".
  • Options
    Acid flashbacks to nextnametaken's population "analysis" :o
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    *shrug* Not interested in detailed analysis. I understand how that works, and I understand the limitations of the little snapshots I'm providing.

Was curious as to what people think, still am.

"In bulk", when I wrote it, came from seeing the first page of the AH list all being low priced keys. No biggie, not a statistical analysis.
    More to the point, you can't buy one key for 75 G right now--only a bundle of 10. A single key will still cost you

80 G for one key, 413 Q for 1 Zen

Post edited by roughbearmattach on

• Options
    edited April 2017

Was curious as to what people think, still am.

I'm not sure what you're expecting people to think really by just looking at anecdotal snapshots of key prices. Here are what I think are some of the most reasonable possibilities.

"Okay then."

"Should be higher."

"Might go higher."

"Should be lower."

"Might go lower."

"Price looks reasonable."

"That's roughly the price I sell my keys at."

"That's roughly the price I buy my keys at."

"I don't care about farming globals to afford keys and I'd rather get them directly from the Z-store instead using ZEN"

Other than that when someone makes another bulk sale where prices dip down around the 60+G range or lower, it has to do with an inconsiderate whaler trying to destroy the economy. Yeeeeeeep.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Folks more often buy and sell keys in blocks of more than one (if you take into account sales outside the AH, which should really be taken into account in a discussion on price of keys ;) ), therefore blocks of more than one key should be taken into account otherwise the numbers quoted in this thread by the OP do not offer much insight. Neither do "snapshots".
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    > @riverocean said:
    > I'm quite convinced it's a combo of Whales and Gold Farmers.
    >
    > Questionite is incredibly easy to buy and to farm. If I wanted to (but I'm much too lazy) I could run 10 toons through the Alert Dailies alone and net 20,000 questionite a day. Then convert that into ZEN. I imagine an enterprising Gold Farmer could do much better than that.
    >
    > Plus, I've noticed Whale players in Zone either opening up lockboxes in a frenzy (thank you award spam). Or offering to sell really good box drops for ridiculously low prices. I think that's probably Strega's "don't care I gotta credit card" players.

I agree that the ability to farm questionite by having multiple toons seems to me to be the best exploit for a gold farmer since thier main resource is cheap labor grinding missions. But then they'd have to convert questionite to zen in mass, which would make zen prices shoot up. I don't think that has happened. Zen prices seem stable within norms to me.
  • Options
    I think it's Bacon Overlord manipulating the market for his dastardly schemes.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Key price 80 G, 395 Q per 1 Z

Best key bundle: 790 G for 10 keys

Post edited by roughbearmattach on

• Options
    88 G for one key, 398 Q for one Z

Best key bundle: 800 G for 10 keys

• Options
  • Options
    I dunno. I am going to the science march in DC this weekend, so I won't be doing it for the next several days.

• Options
    edited April 2017

I dunno. I am going to the science march in DC this weekend, so I won't be doing it for the next several days.

No worries mate, I'm sure we'll cope. We can also just look at the AH for 10 seconds per day to take up the strain.

zrdRBy8.png