test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A silly thought came to mind about Trump and 'fake news'...

13»

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Let's look at Trump's immigration reform policies. Most are actually just enforcing the existing laws. Kicking illegal immigrants out of the country has always been the law. It just wasn't properly enforced before. LEGAL immigrants aren't affected by any of this stuff.

Specifically targeting certain countries because of a religious preponderance isn't an existing law, and it's not likely to become one with the courts striking down that idiocy every time he tries to make a Presidential decree.

Secondly, illegal immigration isn't the boogy-man he's trying to make it. It's been going down for years and years, it's not really an issue any more. It's just one of the "Others" he's trying to prop up because he and his staff have been working from Joseph Goebbel's handbook (although pathetically ineptly).

Then you have that idiocy in California with people openly declaring that they plan to ignore the immigration laws(specifically the "safe haven" for illegal immigrants declarations) they swore to uphold when they were elected into office.... really? It takes partisan politics to an absurd extreme.

Immigration is a FEDERAL issue. States are not required in any way to aid in such matters. In fact, Arizona was stopped from illegally trying to assume those duties.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

It would be like claiming that Trump rallies did not inspire some of the most hateful sects in America, or that Hitler didn't inspire a nation to war. It's a sad state of affairs that people do not take responsibility for things they do or say anymore these days, and instead try to either re-write events to their suit or well just hand wave it off.

How does that make him worse than Hillary?

Since Spinny wants logic and reason.... :D

Let's look at Trump's immigration reform policies. Most are actually just enforcing the existing laws. Kicking illegal immigrants out of the country has always been the law. It just wasn't properly enforced before. LEGAL immigrants aren't affected by any of this stuff.

Then you have that idiocy in California with people openly declaring that they plan to ignore the immigration laws(specifically the "safe haven" for illegal immigrants declarations) they swore to uphold when they were elected into office.... really? It takes partisan politics to an absurd extreme.
    Actually they aren't. Most of what he is doing actually breaks multiple amendments to the Constitution, hence reasons they keep getting struck down by courts. And it isn't just California. The funny part is, and the most hilarious, trump says he wants to get big government from being so hugely in control, yet Trump is doing the exact opposite, and weakening other areas. After all, look at TrumpCare and of course his budget plan and of course his tax reform. All of which hurt the people he said he was working for.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    I like putting Skittles in my ice cream.
    Wouldn't the freezing cold make them all hard and chewy? Yuck!
    Let's look at Trump's immigration reform policies.
    Sure thing! Here's Trump's immigration "reform" policies in a nutshell:
    • Ban Muslims because terrorism. Keep trying no matter how many times it gets struck down by the courts as unconstitutional.
    • Mexicans? "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
    • "Well, look, we’re going to have a border. It’s going to be a real border, and we’re going to build a wall and it’s going to be a serious wall. Just remember that. And you remember I said it…. It's going to be a serious wall. It's going to be a real wall. It's not going to be a wall that they just climb up, and you know, you see what they do, over."
    • "I would build a great wall. And nobody builds walls better than me, believe me. And I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."
    • (Mexico is not going to pay for the wall)
    • Make America whi-- err, "great" again!

Sorry to say, but the Drumpf is an incompetent, hateful, unstable buffoon and a complete embarrassment to the US. It's like Idiocracy came true, but instead of a fairly chill pro wrestler, we got an immature narcissist who can't even use his own Twitter account responsibly. (And with him, the wealthiest and most corrupt cabinet in history!)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Don't forget his mus- ...er, "travel ban" didn't even ban incoming travel from the countries where every terrorist that has attacked the US actually came from. Also that he was given a report that concludes that the ban actually has no positive effect on reducing terrorism. Also remember how he tried to pretend nothing bad was happening after he instituted the first one.

So it was ineffective, uninformed, and he ignored the negative consequences. Whatever your stance on immigration is, anyone can see that he screwed that up royally in every way possible. Hell, if you're concerned about national security you should be pissed off, since he clearly isn't taking national security seriously or is nowhere near as qualified to improve it as he claimed if this garbage is the best he can come up with.

As for removing illegal immigrants, I'm fine with deporting illegals - I'm not okay with tearing families apart, deporting non-Mexicans to Mexico, and constant double speak about who he's actually planning to deport; one second it's "just the criminals" the next second it's everyone, pick one and stick with it so people know what's going on. Part of me thinks he's in a rush to deport as many people as possible just so he can try to beat Obama's numbers on that - there's really only one other way to explain the sloppy job he's doing, and that's pure incompetence.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Not sure if this warrants a new topic or not, but...yeah. Say goodbye to internet privacy if you live in Murika.

Here's the list of every member of congress who's vote was bought in order to allow ISPs to track and sell your internet browsing habits behind your back.

See if you can spot the one thing they all have in common!​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    aesica said:

Is it that they are all cock-muppets and morally bankrupt?

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    to put Trump and fake news in perspective.
    The Trump camps official definition of fake news
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/kfile-gorka-on-fake-news/index.html
    yes anything which is not positive about trump.

and everyone should remember that election promises are vaporware.
    ON opinions;
    you are not required to like it,
    you are not required to agree with it,
    you are however, required to accept that it is their opinion and they are allowed to have it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Not sure if this warrants a new topic or not, but...yeah. Say goodbye to internet privacy if you live in Murika.

Here's the list of every member of congress who's vote was bought in order to allow ISPs to track and sell your internet browsing habits behind your back.

See if you can spot the one thing they all have in common!

well that explains what the latest foot in mouth tweet was a diversion for.
    They are big business, the Republicans are all for rich and big business.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    aesica said:

I mean I would say I was surprised but I'm not a good liar.
  • Options
    therealwarforgetherealwarforge Posts: 16 Arc User
    Discussing politics is like watching people try to light a boat on fire to dry it out while it's sinking
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Discussing politics is like watching people try to light a boat on fire to dry it out while it's sinking

Yet you felt the need to revive the thread :p

I'm struggling a bit with your analogy there mate. Did you really mean that "Watching people discussing politics is like watching people ....blahblah ....boat....blahblah ...fire...blahblah ...sinking" or did you really mean what you wrote that actually discussing politics is like watching those silly people in the boat? If it's the latter then who are the folks in the boat?

Enlighten us please!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    And while you're at it, why is a raven like a writing desk?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    Sometimes discussing politics feels like trying to get a milk carton off a cat's head, and the cat is desperately fighting you because someone wrote on the inside of the milk carton "everyone outside the milk carton is trying to de-claw you".
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Because neither is ever approached without caws??

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

"I wrote on both."

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

jonsills said:

"I wrote on both."

But how many actually come to ones cellar door?
    https://youtu.be/F2L7KiNs0nc

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    And then google said "Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front!" To which I say HOLD MY BEER!

Because that's what America is now... the country that is constantly responding to smart stuff with "HOLD MY BEER I'll show you how to screw this up!" So yes Carol, I will grab this desk and turn it so the wrong end is facing the wall... and I'll write some notes on a box... just to show you that I don't play by your rules and it's all about me first!
  • Options

jonsills said:

"I wrote on both."

None. It came to his CHAMBER door. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

jonsills said:

"I wrote on both."

None. It came to his CHAMBER door. :)

This raven forgot too