test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The State of PvP

2»

Comments

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    Last time I checked, freeforms can't queue for restricted (AT only) HG's. I think your concern is unwarranted, as the best advice would still come from the existing pvp channel.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Your missing what Im saying, and whats been going on. At this point we need to create 2 different groups to balance the games, the AT only ones can find other ATs on my channel, and FFs can find other FFs for their unrestricted one, to avoid farming. Because on the other channel they would naturally talk them to come to the unrestricted one, but before I thought up the channel i still wanted to do this project and began to level an AT, if other elites are willing to make an AT it would make a big difference. To teach that they have skills. Most of us are ALTaholics so one more toon wouldnt hurt anything would it? Id even thought about transforming my bank SG into one for AT users, to help them level up, and when i can afford it to buy them that Q level up gear with the bonuses.

Are you at all interested in making an AT alt to help teach and gather people for this project?? The channel really isnt important, helping others is! So if you guys even on the other channel want to I can convert that SG into a place to let you work on others and help them learn pvp skills...it would just be for training new and silver players, and just an alt from the elites (using armadillo/samurai/cyber gear on an AT will be the only requirement to join) that way we can watch the buffs and know everyone on equal footing.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm Spectre 4 Lyfe! Sorry. Good luck with your ambitions. Many of us have tried to revive PvP over the years, but a game that's known for its broken mechanics, lack of rewards and the misconception that every pvper is a "bad person" will always be an obstacle to overcome.
    Post edited by oobtree on
    oobtree said:

I'm Spectre 4 Lyfe! Sorry. Good luck with your ambitions. Many of us have tried to revive PvP over the years, but a game that's known for its broken mechanics, lack of rewards and the misconception that every pvper is a "bad person" will always be an obstacle to overcome.

Your dedication to the home team makes me want to give you an emote thumbs up! But even you saying that...you have your answer to how to make it work again!! Lets gather the leaders of the most renown SGs and work out a league, the best 5 players in their guild to compete with each other, like a sporting event for a prize. We could play seasons or tournaments. One guild could put up some prizes like they do for CCs and the winning guild gets the prize, divided up between each player on the team who entered. For a grand tournament I could help sometimes too and put up c-store stuff when i can afford it.

ive been called lots of stuff by a lot of people, and google+ has paid professionals to troll people they want to silence! So dont sweat the tension of two different types of players. There are far bigger monsters out there who want to destroy you... You are both still human, and capable of treating one another as such. An act of kindness begins with you and ends with two!

So how about it, lets get this thing worked out, we can make this thing happen...not for me, you or anyone elses personal glory, but for all of us who would like to bring back the old days!! Our competitions could make great youtube candy if put to music!!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Cat, what you need to realize is that Oobtree doesn't want anything to work, he just wants to be bitter.
    edited March 2017

I cant use melee, for me its too under-powered. But...I cant ever beat a melee in a pvp. ranged i can compete fine but melee players make short work of me. Its a skill thing, I think they have worked out the balance fine, its just getting a build that fits your play style that makes or breaks you in pvp.

Thats why i made an AT toon, to test something....if anyones interested in helping. Make an Archtype channel and have players team up for alerts and pvp sessions using At's to get a feel for how to balance a FF build and find what works for them and then work on their individual skills using said powers. Even new players, this would go a long way to help our community improve and grow our number of elites in the future.

If new players or those who cant afford a decent set and need help with gear ill help buy you a leveling set from the Q store, if I can afford it. i will even help you earn it too through daily's if you run on your own steam. Im usually on as Medtech or Apothecary in game. My teaming healer and one im currently leveling.

But KitKat is my gadgeteer AT toon:

wow, they found my original posts that vanished and fixed them. Thx mods.

EDIT: but now it looks like I spammed the posts with them respored :/ can you remove those extras plz?

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    BROTHERS! TITANS! LOOK AT YOU IN YOUR SQUALID PRISON!

WHO PUT YOU DOWN THERE?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    btw Cat, avoid the COPVP channel like the plague. Years of bitterness and salt built up in there, it'll only ruin what you're trying to accomplish.