test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online MEME'ories

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Off Topic
Videos/gifs/pics that remind you of the game...

When an enemys attack kills you after the battle.

We've all done it...flew up to the top of the city center and jumped off to see what would happen...

That face you make when you create a muscle toon, and someone asks if you are a Grim.

You've seen them in down town...and the game wouldnt let you attack them! (Red V Blue) Dance fighters... O.o

Never click "random generator" while in the taylor!

Incredible Hulk clones! +1000000

How you feel during a Takofanes fight (LAG)

Those guys who make female toons with massive arms and shoulders, and go to crowded places hoping someone will notice their beauty queen X_X

City-wide Events

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Banks...and hording

Using a melee class during a PvP

When someone on your team cant fly

Winter events Black Harlequin warehouse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyeugspkUA

When you double-take some of those toons people create in disbelief if not shock

Waiting to see whos going to attack the boss first

Failing a mission time limit, and you get to read someones freakout

How you feel when someone asks you for help and then stands around for 20 mins

VIP entrance

Telling someone their costume was funny, then find out it wasnt supposed to be

Creepy animal head outbreak

When players return from the SouthWest Dessert map:

^some may get it..

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    DPS in a nutshell.
    latest?cb=20120311011113

Supports trying to revive you in the middle of a firefight, because you died from being too far away from them in the first place.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UDyxdCt_mM​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    deadman20 said:

Supports trying to revive you in the middle of a firefight, because you died from being too far away from them in the first place.

image​​

^you spoke up for healers... =^.^= thx!

-----------------------------------
    How your team should arrive at an alert:

How they really arrive at an alert:

Players rushing to the new Foxbat joke gear:

(confession) The tinfoil hat gun never gets old!!!!!

Arriving in the middle of an already started alert

The blasted barrier before the alert (denied!)

When a player makes an awesome looking toon (and you expect a good show) but then he just camps the whole alert

^My reaction to it

Playing all night...

Using all 3 slots for stationary auras

IDK who they are, but they hang out by the PowerHouse entrance

That guy who has melee pvp down...and you dread fighting him

The lockbox is the biggest troll in the game!

How vehicle control feels

(Squeek!)

Pets fall for everything!

edited August 2016
    Zombie Apocalypse post:

There is always that person who ace's every one of them never dying...that isnt me!
    http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/437199599871348597/E0DE43C380E2814A0E9BE51F9EE392DB9F05285E/

How it feels once players start dying around you

How i spend most of the match

"...aaaaand, we're done here people!"

edited August 2016
    When you play the whole Adventure Pack and dont get rewards for it...

Seeing the same stationary bots greet you everytime you login

When you have to reinstall your game, and all the graphics are bottomed out

When i told people i dont play as cats anymore

MODs running damage control during a flameup

Everytime you top the list in a city-wide event boss battle

FYI "glamour girl" players, during a mission, no one cares what your toon looks like, so quit posing and pay attention...my heals have a cooldown!

When you offer an open bank to new guild members...

when the team runs ahead of you and pulls all the enemys, gets wiped...then they all target you

How you feel returning to most mmos after a long time after playing

How you feel returning to Champions Online after a long time of absence (Start at: 17:51)
    https://youtu.be/y2CFrcADdTM?t=17m51s

When someone first put a cowboy hat on me, before i knew about the gag toys

When you try to charge up a powerful blast attack...but run out of energy while charging

When a tank chain-pulls and doesn t have the Buffs to back it up

The DPS is usually running right behind him, thinking they are doing good because they are still alive

...and the healer (often me) is chasing after them, trying to heal the scattered flock @_@

The immortals...the ones who pvp for an hour and remain evenly matched..

Why some new people like to bring up old arguments

trying out different auras

When your about to beat a boss and the red counter pops up...and you wait to see if you get rewards/credit

Tin foil hat gun is always followed by a laugh emote : 3

The people on these forums.
    agGA8Lq_700b.jpg?itok=E81CzbXs​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

edited August 2016
    deadman20 said:

The people on these forums.

agGA8Lq_700b.jpg?itok=E81CzbXs​​

League of Legends.... :/

I tried that once....once! I never got to play, i kept getting booted from the queue because they wanted people with more experience...how do you get experience with this crowd?? O.o

This should be an emote unlock for people who play as cats

Down for maint. is always diabolically planned!

After seeing how powerful melee can be i decided to try it out:

Expectation...

Reality...

Tires of waiting for other players to load map...must break through this barrier and play!!!!

Discovers the AOE power of the minigun on my dps

Team full of power armors using a synced "fire all weapons" barrage ..its epic!

New players dont listen to advise for the first week... "shut up, i know what im doing!!"

After their first adventure pack, they are broken and ready to learn

CLub Caprice...my first impression (insert theme to grease)

...but then i listened to local chat and...

FYI, just because your a powerful tank doesnt mean you can rush Gravitar!

When you suddenly notice your evil little sister has snuck on and is...standing...right...behind-you!!! O.O

Spontaneous freakout...they dont always say why, some people just go nuts and leave...

When you get multiple Q drops during a dockside dustup

Vehicle maneuvering, expectation:

Vehicle maneuvering, reality:

That team mates reaction when you cross deadly fire-lines risking agro to revive and heal them

How some tanks run (away from) point...

Those players that want to pvp you just to try out an attack, "...whyyyy...!" =X.X=

was asked...and yes, my healer is a neko.
    Post edited by catstarsto on

edited August 2016
    Being held hostage in an alert by players who dont know how to fight Ao'qephoth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYKmzcEKjg

Zone chat in Champs...good luck asking a question and it been seen @_@
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiuwhvKuRts

What its like being a healer while the tank isnt pulling agro

Be kind to your healers...we have the medicine!

Meeting someone in game who knows me on the forums

^"hope your having a nice day too buddy.." =U.U=

The worth of pets in Cybermind

Quickly trying to change a battery in your mouse during a tense fight.

The pace of a healer: staying alive, fighting, healing, cleansing debuffs, keeping others alive, running to revive people who get lost or anxious... @_@

After a brutal alert with angry people...

My first impression of that massive sea creature alert...after the first roar!

People who fight over spots at the end of an alert, so their toons will be in the cutscene

Lesson of the day: Keep calm...and stick close to your healer!

Hehe, here's an oldie.

My main, Turando, in a nutshell:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZZ03qPsK0
    Some context for the above for those that don't quite understand it, Turando is a Hybrid Healer/Attacker. The way he is built allows him to regenerate his entire pool of health in an incredibly short period of time, with a bit of dodge on hand to help. The caveat to this is that he is particularly squishy and particularly weak to hard-hitting spikes. In normal content, most mobs just can't do enough damage to overcome the healing, so I wind up playing very much like as shown in that video and even being punished for it in the long run. Now, back to your regularly scheduled CO memes!​​

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What it feels like when you finally figure out how to CC Kiga dogs:

What it feels like before that:

What it feels like when you think you've got it but you're not sure:

When you realize there is anime stuff in this game:

spinnytop said:

When you realize there is anime stuff in this game:

and players : 3

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

The worth of pets in Cybermind

Sad but true, they can't damage much in the boss fight because of the color gimmick.

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    This thread
    pvq9k.jpg​​

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    this thread is hilarious...takes an hour to load, but HILL-LARRY-US
    edited August 2016
    Call me old fashioned, but this always pops in my head when another player says this. I guess thats why they call each other peeps...

When you listen to people trying too hard...for nearly 2 hours to get you to respond/join in to their argument in local chat.

My first thought when troll bait comes up

Soloing an adventure pack....just call me Whisker Soldier!

Random music...ever have a random song pop into you head while hip deep in badguys?

...then your outlook of Project Snakecharmer changes as you battle:
    https://youtu.be/DO1_zzinQi0?t=41s

Nighthawks jet flyby power:

Expectation...

Reality...

The Dog face costume:

What the wearer sees...

What i see...

Pets in some maps..."come on Artax!!"

Tales from the Southwest dessert...you never know what you'll find there!

When people get a little too upset about changes and go off the deep end:
    https://youtu.be/FEmxJoBLKws
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

finding new ways to poke Caliga.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited August 2016
    ...so i was opening a few old gifts to get some balloons to throw at people (i have a mischief toon)

and i came across a new device...a Taco balloon! :O Gold in quality, but one use only.

I wonder how many more unique treasures they have added to the game...??

edited August 2016
    Travolta special:

Down for maintenance ...again?

When players are just standing around and your waiting 20 minutes for queues

No one answers you in zone/local chat after 2am

Never getting picked during a CC

What comes to mind when the warning on the forums says, they use tracking cookies

Advertising for a teamup in local chat

Defiance

Club Caprice...a few dance emote, thats about all there is to do there.

WHen you login and sometimes fall through the city into some sort of negative world...but can still see the city above.

When you go downtown Millennium city and see the emergency crews still havent put out that fire in 5 years.

When you browse the CHamps online threads that arent about CHampIons online

When you accidentally scroll the mouse off the window during a fight/conversation and the desktop appears

Why we turn off pop up tutorials

When you right click someones portrait to read their bio and they vanish before you can.

When a Rampage begins with less then then needed people, often 3 or 4

edited August 2016
    Crashing/Lagging out when you are trying to film Champions Online Promos

Getting a powerful critical/kill shot while using my healer

When new content/items are released

When your queue finally pops up

Snares are a pain in the posterior

When people want lead for teaming because they said they've done it so many times before

...rest of the team after they die.

When you find the market flooded with the same items your selling, and youve been undercut right off the first page.

What happens to teammates after someone calls "speed run"

When you play an old toon after a long time

When boss AoE bubble appears

When release notes say they have improved/changed something you use (RIP lol)

Followed by my own gamer pessimism about such things...

Logging in after a long hard work shift..."must..stay..awake...to game!!"

...still waiting for players to queue rampage so I can record promo.

When team mates vanish in the middle of trying to res them

When people try to show off with those filler powers that never help

My little sisters solution to server/lag issues

When needed Rampage drops appear for someone else.

Level 1 to 5 PvP

Mannimal life...until we arrive

The best attacks in the game take a "Legend of Dragoon" armor change time to use
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVf5K8VccQI

When someone defends a change to the game you dont like

Me... "but...but..."

When DPS runs off to pull uneeded mobs

When the team wipes and the chain-mobs are all coming for you! :worried:

The jokers that always hang out at the city center

...still waiting for Rampage queue =U.U=

edited August 2016
    When your alert que finally pops.... someone doesn't ready up... and it just..... it just goes away.

...when is this thread going to turn over to a new page...

I almost feel like people should make a new post for every animated gif...
    Okay, ready to tank the fight, run in, pull the boss, forgot I was in DPS role..

Fighting TA Gravitar, everyone else died, just you the tank left, how it feels when you're soloing her

How it feels when you've been soloing her for for like 6 minutes and you very very suddenly die to an MLG gravitar knock up > bubble combo

Red Thnake's marthal artths are tha throngethed!

"uh...wheres that start button?"

Aimed first attacks when facing the first alert mob.

My DPS toon (Feanor) finds who was causing the traffic jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj1lfZhr1J4

• xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    Im still new to the game so I dont know all the feels yet but this is one ive noticed for sure.

When everyone is roleplaying gods.

And the people playing them,

edited August 2016
    When you're looking at a CO thread filled to the brim with animated gifs and it just will not turn over to the next page and the load time just keeps getting longer and longer and longer....

How some people react when you say you want the game to be harder o3o

A little Starcraft humor spun into something for CO!

https://youtu.be/kUt0QYhO_t0?t=13s

Reaver = Dev
    Scarab = Patch
    Terrans = CO Community​​

• xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Lol to both of your gifs, but if your refrence was to our convo before thats not what I was saying:)
    spinnytop said:

...if its what they want, stand back and let "THEM" have it. :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3HjzjYHn88

I heard talk condemning snipers too...by all means, they can all come over to my team! =^.^=
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdncYQKAwsg

...taking on a "Master" in pvp, and unblocking too soon =X.X=
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLI6hcaxuho

Viki-Viki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YJXuKcAmEM

-------------------------------

...gets home from work, finds game down;

Expectation: They fixed my DPS toon

Pessimistic P.O.V.: More handicaps added in for making fun of their last change.

When you finally get that harder content you've been hoping for for years:

When those people who were sure you would regret asking for it see you not regretting it at all:

When a power you use gets nerfed and you use it as an opportunity to make an even stronger build:

Vikorin in a nutshell:
    giphy.gif​​

edited August 2016
    What happens when people stop to use emotes before the fight is over

People who use only runner Travel powers... (pull entire map!)

The team when the healer dies...."Come on, no one has a res for me?!!!"

My Captain America cat doing melee attacks.

When you get that team, that thanks you for the shields and heals :')

Tanks that dont spec right and get snared easy and dye from AoE

My inward reaction to them: "Let's move on past that starter gear!"

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,117 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This is a great thread, made me laugh more than a few times! (Lord knows I needed that today)

My reaction to "Telepathy" or "Crowd Control" when used in connection to Champions Online or when reading about & testing nerfs which hit Telepathy or Crowd Control.

Other people's reaction to it, who don't use or care about them much:

Everyone's reaction to me posting about Telepathy or CC:

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,117 Arc User
    When someone blatantly steals an idea you've posted / discussed in depth and tries to pass it off as their own (but fails miserably to remove the way you word or explain things) on a new thread:

edited August 2016

When someone blatantly steals an idea you've posted / discussed in depth and tries to pass it off as their own (but fails miserably to remove the way you word or explain things) on a new thread:

: 3

EDIT: ...i would of just kept this thread in STO had it gone better for me over there. People are too uptight and flighty over there!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1191941/gifs-for-those-sto-moments?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+b2c6a2d3597696b8cb7de29aea8c1ef45592b1a2+1472123886+hmacsha1

Watching a duel, and you immediately know it's gonna be one-sided...

Devs.

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    your reaction when someone uses cowboyification ray on you

edited August 2016
    tribute to my new DPS toon...im pleased with it now!

^back in buisness!

Its been a blast to get to play!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opONTZT7s94

edited September 2016
    My hype for Neon Katt (Nyan Cat) helped to show one of my friends from SWTOR the customization potential of the game, Neon is her favorite RWBY character. So we may have a new player soon, so that means she will need a partner...and the champs community will have team FNKI (funky) in the mix. I made Flynt Coal for when she makes Neon. Cosplaying is a good selling point!!

https://youtu.be/p7TFn31eUF4
    ^my Flynt Coal cosplay, wind build

EDIT: but, to make sure it doesnt look like a clone and remains a cosplay..i think ill rename him Jazz before i play him next.

• kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

People who use only runner Travel powers... (pull entire map!)

TRAAAAAIIIIINNNN TO ZOOOOONNNNEEEEE!
    zemmax said:

^my works maint. staff!

Unexpected changes to your powers/abilities...that dont help!

..spent a few respec tokens on my DPS, it did ok in the powerhouse....crashed hard in pvp!

...finding out the respecs where pointless...after finding people to pvp with last night, and learning what they did to pvp in general...farewell my pvp toon, we did great things before they killed you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQQoaK4xRU

watching out for new players still leveling

When your res is on cooldown, and you are waiting for someone to revive you

rain aura...not as majestic as id thought

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

This should be the Champions Online mascot.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    nepht said:

This should be the Champions Online mascot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WC6EbRQmJ0

Enjoying the new fun canon :D

ok ok, that was a bad pun, sheesh...some of you probably was on and heard me tell it in zone eailier, it was the largest facepalming event in the games history

why does my toon make strange alien faces while it is dancing on the concert stage??

This discussion has been closed.