test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have a Moderate amount of confidence in this Dev team.

13»

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2016
    All our guns shoot magical bullets.

That's why it's retarded or just stubborn arguing that how the gun looks should affect efficiency of powers in any way.

The only thing that counts is not some imaginary "logic", fluff, theme or other bull***, but on which tier power is available, how much it costs using it, and if it is overall balanced, so purely mechancial concerns.

If player thinks that some powers are underperforming, then imho suggestions forum is the best place.

And yes, it is "weird" to use comic-y handwaving in favor of one opinion, but then argue that it doesn't work for another opinion. Because obviously one side is more entitled to handwave than another. Because reasons.

Also, if any power is to be made stronger, remember that it also should be moved to higher tier for balance. Otherwise it shouldn't be made any stronger.

Unless you don't argue about making one power stronger, but you believe that other powers should be made weaker. This would be... not very serious.

I'd like assault rifle being stronger than it is, but I'm not sure if I'd like it being shifted to any higher tier and having to go with basic shotgun/smg for longer.

Moving power from Tier 0 to Tier 3 is pretty radical. So, is anyone willing to have their favorite power shifted to the same tier, so it has any reason for being comparable?​​
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

That's why it's retarded or just stubborn arguing that how the gun looks should affect efficiency of powers in any way.​​

FYI, I only stated my opinion that I thought it was a strange decision. I wasn't arguing for it to be changed at all.

Then there was discussion about what I thought, and then people argued with me about it with a whole lot of "No it makes perfect sense because "reasons" as you put it"".

So maybe watch who you're calling retarded and stubborn.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    All I know is that I can launch a Fissure in mid air and pound the atmosphere with my fists to send shockwaves at my opponents. Who needs bullets if you can do that?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Do you think you could get back to discussing the actual topic

Sure. I think the devs are doing a great job and have more confidence in them than roughbear does.

And yes, it is "weird" to use comic-y handwaving in favor of one opinion, but then argue that it doesn't work for another opinion. Because obviously one side is more entitled to handwave than another. Because reasons.

I agree with this. Either everything is magical bullets, or nothing is magical bullets... none of this "It's only magical bullets when that makes what I think make sense".
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so what exactly is this thread about?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    I feel like certain people at this point are just stirring the pot. Can't we all just get along? :)

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I feel like certain people at this point are just stirring the pot. Can't we all just get along? :)

lol /Joketime
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    "Ladies! Ladies! You're BOTH pretty!" :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    chaelk said:

so what exactly is this thread about?​​

Nothing. Anyone saying "get back on topic" would look like a real dork.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    This kind of vindictiveness happens when I say something is silly without issuing a big ol' TRIGGER WARNING!!!

Sorry guys, my fault. I should be more sensitive. :D
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    A warning in general for when someone gets into a contrarian argument with a certain someone would be really nice. That way only one person has to waste their time.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Alright, folks. This has gone on more than long enough.

Thread closed.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
This discussion has been closed.