test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What changes do you think could bring over more people to play CO?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    gradii said:

dbrii said:

I think a big help to get new players to stay is to make Archetypes NOT worthless for lategame content.

Oh like the END/EGO/REC Tempest AT I completed TA with which has no CON?
    I'd like for ATs to be more like the Disciple (my favorite AT, haven't even bothered freeforming it) in that they have some sort of self healing mechanism. KB wrecks them something fierce, if you can't hit the baddy in melee you can't heal with Ego Blades, so it's not like they put healers out of a job by being able to keep themselves topped off healthwise.
    dbrii said:

gradii said:

dbrii said:

gradii said:

dbrii said:

I think a big help to get new players to stay is to make Archetypes NOT worthless for lategame content.

Oh like the END/EGO/REC Tempest AT I completed TA with which has no CON?
    Without dying several times? Or did you have a good team with you?

Now try soloing Adventure Packs on Elite challenge level like many CON-stacked heroes can. Or fight some Onslaught Villains without being one-shot. Or Gravitar alert without needing multiple revives.
    And this is.. Neccesary for endgame how? :po:)

I do much more damage than anyone wasting stat points on CON will. I'm just as powerful without CON overall that way.

Who cares if i have to manage my health smarter? Who cares if I have to block sometimes?

Now i'm in full support of bluhman's suggestion for nerfing CON, (and raising base HP some) but that does NOT make you correct even the way things are in the game right now.

I'm sorry you feel that every hero in the game needs to be an unkillable tank. that's not everyone's playstyle.
    If laying face down on the pavement during a large portion of the fight is your ideal way of playing, go for it, but many new players are turned off by this. Playing as an AT in this game is much harder than playing as a FF, especially since ATs cannot pick their superstats and most of them do not have that sweet sweet CON, so having new f2p players forced to play the game on hard mode will push many away.

I do have a few level 40 builds that do not use CON at all, but unfortunately, there is still some late-game content that they should stay away from (PVP, Rampages, Elite Challenges, Onslaught) because they can die instantly to unpredictable attacks and become a liability for the team in rampages.

I've made them because I like a challenge, but that's the problem, it should NOT be a challenge to make a viable hero without CON.
    I find it interesting that the people wanting challenging content always seem to be using easy-mode FFs to do it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Nothing in this game should be like DCUO. When you start abandoning your existing game setup in order to copy someone else's, that' when your game goes downhill fast - as people begin to ask, "If that other game is so wonderful, why play this one?"

Hmm... interesting. However, many companies benchmark and study the tactics of another in order to stay viable. MMO's are no different. MMO's used to be only pay to play; now they offer options of payment and free play. How did that happen? MMO's did not start with microtransactions, yet now most have incorporated them. Even some console games now have their own online stores to purchase in-game currency and items when before it was unheard of. How did that happen? Benchmarking, copying, however you want to put it. When one company sees the success of another, they will try to emulate it one way or another. So yeah, I think that CO should take a look at other MMO's for ideas about membership, gameplay, attracting new players and so on. There is nothing wrong with looking at what is going on around you. Who knows.. the devs may glean something unique from just "looking around them" and add it to the CO experience.

• Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Nothing in this game should be like DCUO. When you start abandoning your existing game setup in order to copy someone else's, that' when your game goes downhill fast - as people begin to ask, "If that other game is so wonderful, why play this one?"

With these changes, I feel CO is trying to take and copy somewhat from WoW with gear requirements and a trinity set up to do the new lair.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    kyastral said:

jonsills said:

Hmm... interesting. However, many companies benchmark and study the tactics of another in order to stay viable. MMO's are no different. MMO's used to be only pay to play; now they offer options of payment and free play. How did that happen? MMO's did not start with microtransactions, yet now most have incorporated them. Even some console games now have their own online stores to purchase in-game currency and items when before it was unheard of. How did that happen? Benchmarking, copying, however you want to put it. When one company sees the success of another, they will try to emulate it one way or another. So yeah, I think that CO should take a look at other MMO's for ideas about membership, gameplay, attracting new players and so on. There is nothing wrong with looking at what is going on around you. Who knows.. the devs may glean something unique from just "looking around them" and add it to the CO experience.

Censoredcraft added STO's doffing and there has been very little positive feedback about it. Orclords of Orcnor hasn't had much positive press and garrisons are up there for most hated feature of the expansion.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

kyastral said:

jonsills said:

Censoredcraft added STO's doffing and there has been very little positive feedback about it. Orclords of Orcnor hasn't had much positive press and garrisons are up there for most hated feature of the expansion.
    I did hate garrisons :/. And I was trying it for the free boost(I regret it :/)
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    kyastral wrote: »

any suggestions how we copy the brand names?
    let's get them to copy Runescape, it has the world record for most players on a F2p game.
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/runescape/runescape-has-been-around-for-over-13-years-and-somehow-its-still-growing​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Jonsills,
    there are things DCUO has that we could use.
    1. a large , well funded company which wants the game to succeed.as opposed to a smaller one,whihc only has the game as a place holder and money spinner, between the big name IP which puled out and the second big name IP , they were trying to get going.
    2. a large Dev team , who only work on this game and aren't taken off anytime another game needs them.
    3. advertising that is more than 1 article on one website.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!