EVERYTHING unisex
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    raighn wrote: »
    EVERYTHING unisex

ALL Hairstyles should be Unisex too​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hi. The intention of this post is to simply request/suggest various ideas to give a tiny bit of extra creative possibilities in the costume designer. I'm not sure if everything is possible, but I am sure that these are suggestions that everyone could make use of at some point. So here goes!

-Chest & Arms - Skin:
    • "Striped Leotard": This option would look great with T-Shirts and Full Tights. Pirates, Insectoids, and Vigilantes alike could appreciate this option.
    • "Athletic Shirt": This T-shirt is awesome. I wish there was an option that turned it into an unpatterned shirt that resembled the T-Shirt and Tank Top costume parts.
      "Arcane Tattoos" - "Skin" pattern: Is it possible to make the Bikini that is inherent with this costume piece it's own entity in the costume list under "Skin" category for Chest & Arms as well as Legs? Would be AMAZING!
    -Short/Medium/Long Skirts:
    • Short/Medium/Long Skirt: Is it possible to include the "Jeans" pattern for skirts? Currently the available patterns are very limited in that there are only around 7 (2 Basics, 2 Draped, 1 Full (creased), 1 Ribbed, and 1 Tech). This category has been largely untouched for several years. You could use files already in the game to create more possible art designs for many players.
    • "Pinstripes" Overlay: xyz Skirt Pleats: It's not available, but seems like it should be.
    -Boots
    • "Shoe Casual" options: Many of the boots available include the "Sneaker" pattern. Would it be possible to include options such as "No Lace", "Checkers" and "Loafers" style options for those boots? To be specific, Long Boots and Long Heeled Boot options could use some of these.
    • Several boots seem to be particular to different patterns, and only limit options to those patterns. Would it be possible to make more patterns available to boots, thereby expanding the variety of boot art designs that can mesh with the Tights art designs that are available?
    These are just the few things that have been on my mind for a few years. Any consideration given to them is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

As Youthful As Life Allows.

• Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    sov sons skeleton body paint lower for use with male skirts (dont know if it isnt available for female). also stone knife leg accessory is female only
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I've been thinking about this for a while now...
    Would it be a good idea to have a second category for back costume pieces? Kinda like what happened to Hairstyles. It got an A and B section.

It would be nice to have a cape and wings. Psionic wings mostly.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    I would personally like it if all the current parts in Hip Wear and Gear be made available for beast legs. There shouldn't be any reason why they cant as the HIPS part of the Skeleton should be near identical to the regular hips skeleton.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    What I would like to see updated:

-Midriff options for existing tights/shirts. I don't understand why there aren't any midriff options. I want to see midriff options for both sexes too, by the way. =3

-The type of (female?) legless tights in which the leg holes extend all the way to above the hip/to the waist. I think that should be an option for existing legless tights.

-The Tailor option to leave a character's weapon out, or maybe an animation that holsters/sheaths weapons like on Star Trek Online​​
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Can the raptor unlock bits get skin options? Thenks
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Oiled skin Material on Bestial Legs?
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    therealbahamuttherealbahamut Posts: 21 Arc User
    Some of my suggestions are personal requests; some would be objective improvements in design, regarding use of space, user-friendliness, and consistency.

Rearrange and resize a few things to make more efficient use of your screenspace. For example, the mood and stance tab has scrollbars while there's ample room in the window being unused. The stance menu in particular manages to get all the options visible at once...yet STILL needs an irrelevant scrollbar due to the TINY cutoff of the top and bottom buttons! come on! We FINALLY got a similar improvement to the auction exchange; apply the same principle here!

Give us a practical and integrated way to rename the costume files we save for later use. While going through our own files or using a third-party renaming tool are options, there's just no good excuse to not have a "save as" option right onscreen when we're backing up our costumes. I, for one, am tired of seeing every costume I save being labeled as "character@handle mm/dd/yyyy." This shouldn't even be an issue by this point in the game's life cycle; this should have been a fundamental part of the editor from day one.

Following up: let us delete saved costumes from within the game, rather than having to back all the way out to desktop and rummage through our files. This is the most basic functionality possible with any kind of software that saves files; why do we not have this simple ability in 2016?

Also, why is there a "static stance" in the editor that isn't available as a selectable pose for the final costume? Why is it even there? Make it selectable or get rid of it; it serves no real purpose but to show us a stance we can't have.

Next up: some kind of clearer visualization of the body and face sliders would be helpful to those struggling to learn how to costume. Some settings are very subtle and quite unnoticeable to the untrained eye; highlighting them or something would be a welcome help to new users (give us the option to toggle this aide on or off, though!)

And finally (and this one may sound like a personal gripe) REMEMBER OUR SETTING FOR THE "HIDE AND REMOVE UNOWNED PARTS" BUTTON. I am sick and tired of having to click this EVERY TIME I enter the editor to filter out the parts I don't have so I can get down to the business of costuming. I KNOW you need to make a profit, guys; I KNOW microtransactions are part of the model; I KNOW costumes are a big part of that, but making me hide unowned parts every time isn't going to make me want to buy more: it's just going to irritate me. REMEMBER MY DAMNED SETTING, please.

There's a myriad of individual costume pieces that could use work, but one very particular request I'll leave here: give us a skin layer separate from the tights layer, please. We're excluded from SO many pieces when we decide we want to use a skin pattern like crocodile or any tattoo, for example. It's a very chafing limitation and there's no real reason for it other than needing more individual pieces to divide up.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.
  • Options

There's a myriad of individual costume pieces that could use work, but one very particular request I'll leave here: give us a skin layer separate from the tights layer, please. We're excluded from SO many pieces when we decide we want to use a skin pattern like crocodile or any tattoo, for example. It's a very chafing limitation and there's no real reason for it other than needing more individual pieces to divide up.

This... SOO MUCH THIS.... I'd LOVE to be able to give my bestial toons some more varied clothing options... same with my tatooed toons...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    kmiller4kmiller4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Some things I'd like to see:
    • The ability to sort/rearrange the thumbnail grid for costumes, maybe add nameable folders
    • Thumbnail view for saved costumes
    • The ability to have both male and female costumes on the same character
    • emotes for costume changes, new travel power stances/poses, an emote/command to brandish/put away a weapon, just more emotes
    • More civilian costume pieces (clothing, hairstyles, accessories. etc.)
    • More tights patterns for superheroic costumes
    CoH had some great costume pieces, emotes, etc. With it being dust, it's time that we should loot the body.
  • Options
    colaskunkcolaskunk Posts: 3 Arc User

Also, why is there a "static stance" in the editor that isn't available as a selectable pose for the final costume? Why is it even there? Make it selectable or get rid of it; it serves no real purpose but to show us a stance we can't have.

I would fall over and die happily if we could have the static stance as an option for both sexes. It is an erect, NORMAL looking stance for a character to have which isn't the slouch of present normal or spinal contortion of Vixen on females. Plus it corrects certain bulges and clipping in costume pieces which were clearly designed with Vixen in mind for females. Overall, I've been hoping and wanting Static stance since 2010. Can we make this please, please happen?
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    colaskunk said:

I would fall over and die happily if we could have the static stance as an option for both sexes. It is an erect, NORMAL looking stance for a character to have which isn't the slouch of present normal or spinal contortion of Vixen on females. Plus it corrects certain bulges and clipping in costume pieces which were clearly designed with Vixen in mind for females. Overall, I've been hoping and wanting Static stance since 2010. Can we make this please, please happen?
    Static Stance is also mostly still, getting rid of any movement so that costume makers can see their costume better at angles that the other stances couldn't get. Simply put, static stance is there for precisely that reason, to be static and still.
  • Options
    hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Going through the tailor after reading of the upcoming update, I've come across quite a few costume pieces that feel as if they should have glow. I've made a few lists containing costume pieces, the color channels that should glow, and why I think they should glow.

All parts and colors should be considered unisex unless specified to be (M)ale or (F)emale exclusive. If you see a ^, refer to the line above it.

This first, longest list is of miscellaneous costume pieces that lack glow, despite many similar pieces having it.

Costume Piece Colors Materials Needed Glow Effect Reasoning

Heads, Animal or Monstrous
    Alligator 2 default Eyes Most animal & monster heads have glowing eyes.
    Crocodile 2 default Eyes ^
    Vampire Monster 2 default Eyes ^
    Demon 3 Skin, Leather Skin, Metal Skin Cracks The similar Demon Long Jaw has glowing cracks.
    Demon No Jaw 3 Skin, Leather Skin, Metal Skin Cracks ^
    Kitsune 1 Cloth, Leather, Metal Eyes & arcane lines The similar Arcane Tattoos has glowing lines.
    Skeleton 4 Cloth (F) Teeth Glow is currently available with the leather & metal materials.
    Skeleton Skull 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal (M) Teeth Female version has glow with the leather & metal materials.
    Heads, Full Helmet
    Holo Hex 4 Shiny, Metal Visor or stripes The other Holo Hex armor parts glow in these places.
    Eye Accessory
    Glasses Urban 2,4 default Lenses Basic glasses & most similar eye accessories have glowing lenses.
    Huge Goggles 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal Lenses ^
    Monocle Classic 2 default Lens ^
    *Safety Glasses
    Attachment Eye Accessory
    Safety Glasses 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal Lens Speedster Goggles 01 & 02 are already set up this fashion.
    Headwear
    Ravenswood 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal Eyes Many other helmets with distinct eye pieces glow, such as:
    Sharkfin 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Eyes Defender 2015, Serpent Helm, Socrates, Plague Mask, Gas Mask.
    Sharkfin 02 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Eyes ^
    Gas Mask 2 4 default Lenses ^
    Mouth Accessory
    Cyberpunk 4 default Dots & lines Most similar tech accessories have glow in these places.
    Neck
    Armor Vents Spiked 3 Leather Vents on top Glow is currently available with the cloth & metal materials.
    Lemurian Ventilator 4 Leather, Metal Lines on front & back The similar Vikorin and Tech Arc parts glow in these places.
    Arms (Robotic)
    Junkbot Arms 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal (F) Lightbulbs Junkbot Colander Light in the same set has glowing lightbulbs.
    Junkbot Work Light 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal (M) Lightbulbs ^
    Belt
    Wizard Belt Vials 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Gem & liquid in vials The Vials arm accessory glows, as do many gem pieces.
    Bracers
    Chainsaw 1 Cloth, Leather, Metal Vents & lines Similar tech pieces glow in these places.
    Claw Tech Blade 3 Cloth, Leather, Metal Dots & lines ^
    Arm Accessories
    Armor Plate 4 Metal Line down the side Glow is currently available with the leather material.
    Hands
    Steampunk 4 default (F) Cylinders on bottom The male version currently glows in these places with cloth, leather, and metal.
    Electro-Gauntlet
    Leg Accessories
    Tonfa 4 default Dots & lines, tech Similar tech pieces glow in these places.

List two- wires & cables. The Superconductor, and Cybernetic sets all have these cables, and most of them glow- but there are a few similar pieces, and parts within those sets, that do not.

Costume Piece Colors Materials Needed Glow Effect Reasoning

Headwear
    Cybermind 2,3 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central gem; power cables & inner edge
    Mouth Accessory
    Gas Mask High Tech 4 default Hoses & studs on the sides
    Scuba Apparatus 4 default Hoses
    Mouth Accessory (Full Helmet)
    Helmet Gas Mask 4 default Hoses & studs on the sides
    Back
    Armor Superconductor 3 default Power cables Color 4 already glows, but doesn't cover the wires.
    Project Clockwork 3 Cloth, Leather, Metal Power cables ^
    Bracers
    Armor Cyber Cable 2,3 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central circle; power cables
    Hips Layer
    Armor Cybernetic 3,4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Power cables; dots

List three- gems & circles. Many sets and pieces with prominently displayed gems or circles have glow- Magical girl, Arcane, 90s armor, Dragon armor, Alien gladiator, Dark armor, Epic Samurai armor, and so on. Those listed below currently do not, but I think most of them would be suitable for it.

Costume Piece Colors Materials Needed Glow Effect

Headwear
    Circlet 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central gem
    Formal Tiara 4 Matte, Shiny, Metal (F) Central gem
    Formal Tiara with Veil 4 ^+Matte Sheer, Shiny Sheer, Metal Sheer (F) ^
    Psionic 4 Dull Metal, Shiny Metal Orbs & lines
    Eye Accessory
    Fantasy 4 default (M) Central gem
    Top Accessory
    Halo Spiked Large 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central sphere
    Ironclad 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central circle
    Side Accessory
    Earrings Formal Big 4 Matte, Shiny, Metal (F) Central gem
    Chest Layer
    Steel Commando 3 default Central circle
    Neck
    Golden Age 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central gem
    Emblem Front
    Cosmic 1 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal, Shiny Metal Central hexagon Color 3 already glows, but doesn't cover the center.
    Shoulders
    Steelhawk 4 Cloth, Leather, Metal Gems at the base of the wings
    Belt
    Buckle Round Offset 1 Cloth, Leather, Metal Circle in center of buckle
    Golden Age 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal ^
    Bracers
    Persian 2 Cloth, Leather, Metal Central gem
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    It would be nice to get the cyberpunk legs where both the legs are just the tights, at this time you can only get 1 leg with tights and 1 leg with armor, or both with armor.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

It would be nice to get the cyberpunk legs where both the legs are just the tights, at this time you can only get 1 leg with tights and 1 leg with armor, or both with armor.

I agree... I've got a couple costumes that would look better with the cyberpunk tights...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    Could you make it so Gadgeteer powers can have the Pulson RF Pistol again? It used to be able to be used with Gadgeteer powers but now its only usable with Munition Powers. To reduce confusion, I'm not talking about the Pulson Pistol which is already there. The Pulson RF pistol is great looking pulp sci fi ray gun that should be with the other gadgeteer ray gun skins.
    Its my third time asking for this in the forums.

Also, for Halloween, could you make some more monster heads? I'd love to have a gorgon one or snake hair.

While I'm at it. More hair with cape motion would be amazing, even an option when you can choose texture would be fantastic.
  • Options

Could you make it so Gadgeteer powers can have the Pulson RF Pistol again? It used to be able to be used with Gadgeteer powers but now its only usable with Munition Powers. To reduce confusion, I'm not talking about the Pulson Pistol which is already there. The Pulson RF pistol is great looking pulp sci fi ray gun that should be with the other gadgeteer ray gun skins.

Could you just make all ranged weapons available for all ranged powers and all melee weapons available for all melee powers... and the Gunblades available for all weapon powers...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    raighn said:

Could you just make all ranged weapons available for all ranged powers and all melee weapons available for all melee powers... and the Gunblades available for all weapon powers...
    ^ Yes, and I don't even care if you are being sarcastic. That would allow for some interesting looks that would out weigh the absurdity of that idea.
  • Options

raighn said:

^ Yes, and I don't even care if you are being sarcastic. That would allow for some interesting looks that would out weigh the absurdity of that idea.
    I wasn't being sarcastic
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Batwings.... they're cool, and new... but small. Less small would make them more awesome.

Tsin'xing's dragon wings aren't even full size and the bat wings at MAX are half that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    How is that different from the usable DEMON stuff?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    daveyj3daveyj3 Posts: 20 Arc User
    not sure where to put this, but the bluejay patter of tights still isnt working/is missing.

also, there is a straps/legstraps option for females that isnt available for males, but should be ported over. also, tribal [straps] and tribal knife is currently female only, but can be easily ported to males.

thank you
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    My BIGGEST wish for CO is to allow us to reduce/expand the vertical length of our character's neck and upper body. (like the STO sliders)

If that happens, I will be in CO heaven.

To add to this, I'd kinda like the lip bulk to be detached from the lip width in the facial sliders. Oh, and a separate lower body mass slider to offset the shrinkage one gets when raising body mass. Seems kinda odd to me that it does that in the first place.​​
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    would love to be able to use the winchester /western rifle skin on the plasma beam rifle, makes as much sense as an assault rifle
  • Options
    hottbutterhottbutter Posts: 1 Arc User
    more hoods, claws and bikinis...all unizex

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

How is that different from the usable DEMON stuff?

@markhawkman have a good look at the top design. It is unique to certain female NPCs and not a costume that we as players can obtain for either males or females, from any group in CO which drops costume pieces
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    i would like a version of the fantasy skirt without the additional front panel (or, give the front panel a material choice that can be blanked (ie: black holo or psi material) ... this would make for an awesome wrap to use with tights and some pants ... >^_^<
  • Options
    jaspb01jaspb01 Posts: 12 Arc User
    A lot of these things seemingly can be added with little effort but for whatever reason wont be added, kneepads are a common one and like, four versions exist in the dev tailor.
    Here's some of the many inaccessible costume pieces. Towards the end there's many blank nothings, that's because I was taking pictures of the idle animations including Black Talon's and Socrates and whatnot. Sadly the animations don't get played but it just gives the name of the idle.

http://imgur.com/a/H74by

I managed to get in with a glitch, think I clicked a costume, when it was loading, clicked another one (Where it would be) and it stimmed out and sent me into the deprecated costume tab.
    Have fun (Or cry yourselves to sleep like I will do later) :*

Founder of la Shrinking power (until it gets patched T.T)

[/SIGPIC]

And apparently Ants suck, even though they are weaker than humans, people aren't very intelligent...oh wait....:confused:
  • Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    Juuuust a simple suggestion here; a version of the steel arachnid bracers without the claw? I don't really have anything else to say other than that!
  • Options
    theimpiousimptheimpiousimp Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Don't gender the hair.
    Make sure that Regular shorts are usable with beast legs. Seriously ,Everything but regular shorts.
    Make it an option for Beastial hairs to contain the sideburn beard. Some people don't like it.

Make things like Antlers scalable.