test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20150919.3 - Batsaw & Live Fixes

1235»

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It isn't high CON it will be high STR or even EGO.

Str and Ego have diminished returns. Con makes you harder to kill. I seriously shouldn't have to point out obvious things.​​
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Onslaught Secondaries now all have an Enhancement Slot.

Ooo, cool. :3

Instead of having all Secondaries having an Enhancement Slot, I believe it would be best to give just the Secondary Offense that, give the Secondary Defense an Armoring slot, and the Secondary Utility a Core Slot. That should probably keep Superstats mostly in line with Vigilante's for balance reasons and still make the gear something special to strive for.

I'm with the consensus that the Onslaught gear should require a hybrid amount of Guardian and Villain tokens. As of current standards, there's not much to do with Guardian Tokens aside from unlocking and playing the Villains. Nothing much in the way of promoting continuing the fight as a hero.

Aside from that, these adjustments are really neat. Keep it up.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    OG should have their current special bonuses, and then a slot that can take any R3 mod. You want more stats, you got 'em. You want some more crit severity, cdr, whatever, you got 'em. That'll be a slight improvement over VG and won't get nerfed after a few months.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    The last idea in this thread is good but I would go to R4. Nothing more nothing less.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    600 ft Haymaker, here I come!
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    There's no reason to even bother getting the gear if it -is- better than vigilante. There's literally nothing in the game that can even register as a challenge at this point. I was tanking level 60 mega destroids using quarry during the anniversary event.

What's the point in bothering to play the game at all? Seriously, nothing can kill us, and we kill everything nearly instantly. Why do you people even want better gear? Are you- oh right... You -are- sociopaths, I forgot most people including myself, playing CO are, to different degrees.

By the way, I'm still waiting on the 400% damage and HP increase on all mobs in the game. That'll finally shut up the "stahp nerfing us by not giving us incredibly overpowered new gear that's uneeded" crowd. Cause they'll suddenly be pouring out their tears at how they can't do anything now and the game's too hard instead.

(The snark is coming back, i can.... feel it escaping, uncontrolled. please send help.)

Snark never dies.
  • christy300christy300 Posts: 35 Arc User
    just one thing can you please make the onslaught tokens bound to account!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2015
    BUG: Onslaught gear is giving around +13 to superstats with 2 equipped, and around 100 offense when you equip 3 pieces, this is likely leftover from when it was primary gear with set bonuses.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

BUG: Onslaught gear is giving around 100 offense when you equip 3 pieces, this is likely leftover from when it was primary gear with set bonuses.​​

mmmmmm, this has to be related to "my damage went over the sky" stuff going on here?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    naciiito wrote: »
    BUG: Onslaught gear is giving around 100 offense when you equip 3 pieces, this is likely leftover from when it was primary gear with set bonuses.

mmmmmm, this has to be related to "my damage went over the sky" stuff going on here?

Not quite. The set bonus is about 52% of that of primary gear, but it's significant enough to be noticeable. However, that still doesn't change the fact that even without that set bonus damage is going into the stratosphere, because you are looking at a bonus of still 52 stat points, on average if you want to believe rank 6 mods are the max of the average player and rank 7s are not easily bought (they are). That is not just going to buff super stat damage, that is going to buff anything associated with said super stats and the specialties tied to them.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Would be nice to see some dps numbers of people getting those huge dps buffs out of onslaught gear. The test I did so far show a few hundred dps increase, which is significant but not quite what I would call to the sky.

For most builds I don't think the offense buff adds that much to dps. Offense has a pretty harsh diminishing return that most people are already pushing into with justice gear. It does add a few percent damage resistance with the vindicator (and warden/guardian) spec.

To be clear I do agree that the bonus needs to be removed.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aiqa said:

Would be nice to see some dps numbers of people getting those huge dps buffs out of onslaught gear. The test I did so far show a few hundred dps increase, which is significant but not quite what I would call to the sky.

I assume that the buffs were on pts with slotted mods. Without any mods, I was getting about the same dps out of onslaught gear as vigilante, so I can't imagine mods not boosting that substantially (and/or boosting other effects).

aiqa said:

I assume that the buffs were on pts with slotted mods. Without any mods, I was getting about the same dps out of onslaught gear as vigilante, so I can't imagine mods not boosting that substantially (and/or boosting other effects).
    Agreed that needs to be fixed.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Note: I have not even tried to wade through all eight pages of this discussion to catch up, so bear with me if this has already been answered.

What about using attribute mods instead of enhancements? The last thing we need is MOAR SUPERSTATS, but being able to supplement some more of those derived stats could improve build variety. I was thinking of adding a Secondary slot type to each mod to add some of the derived stats not covered by Offense, Defense, or Utility (KNOCK RESIST), but keeping the existing O/D/U stats at a reduced rank (i.e. a Rank V Sentinel Brooch works as a Rank IV in a secondary) could work too.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    People getting better gear is what players do in the overwhelming majority of games. It's not being a sociopath, it's playing the game and progressing your character. Gear treadmills are how MMOs sucker people into sticking around without having to make as much new content.
    aiqa said:

For most builds I don't think the offense buff adds that much to dps. Offense has a pretty harsh diminishing return that most people are already pushing into with justice gear. It does add a few percent damage resistance with the vindicator (and warden/guardian) spec.

Pft, offense. You need to use a tank passive in hybrid mode. That's how you do the most dps. No, really. Some of the highest dps toons are using tank passives. They are putting offense based dps toons to shame levels of damage. Legit builds doing the same or more dps as a PA exploit builds because tank.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback ya'll. FYI - We're looking into some alternatives for beefing up the Onslaught Gear that aren't as substantial as adding the mod slot. Our hope is to create a set that is worth the effort of playing Onslaught without completely outclassing existing options like Vigilante Gear.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the feedback ya'll. FYI - We're looking into some alternatives for beefing up the Onslaught Gear that aren't as substantial as adding the mod slot. Our hope is to create a set that is worth the effort of playing Onslaught without completely outclassing existing options like Vigilante Gear.

Ok, first off, give it the same stats as vigilante gear, minus the +44 to primary SS, instead give is a +30 to all SS and a set bonus which at three pieces makes the effect on the secondy offence piece like 30% stronger, and you'll have a decient side-grade to viglantie.

also, gonna point out (again) that the effects on the secondry offence pieces are mostly geared towards DPS, easy way to remedy this would be

1: Change the shield strength on the defender gloves to be based on threat generated rather than damage done. (in their current state the sheild generated via damage is too frail to be of any benefit to a tank, and the extra threat gen is just bad news for a DPS or healer)

2: Change the +energy to allies hogwash on the saviour gloves to +healing around heal target.(the only people that would theortically benefit from the current +energy stuff are energy intesive builds, like rapid fire FC, but they have ways to get their energy back in only a couple of seconds...rendering the current stat of these gloves, moot.)

and boom, just like that they appeal to tanks, healers and DPSers
    also you might want to consider making the effects a little stronger at their base level(~15% higher), due to them being a little weak
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    notyuu said:

Ok, first off, give it the same stats as vigilante gear, minus the +44 to primary SS, instead give is a +30 to all SS and a set bonus which at three pieces makes the effect on the secondy offence piece like 30% stronger, and you'll have a decient side-grade to viglantie.

Haha. 90 stat point gear? No, that would just be broken.

Anyway, I think they were trying to create 'interesting' gear. Looking at them, the secondary offense items are interesting and possibly useful, I don't think the secondary defense or utility items really succeed though.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User

notyuu said:

Anyway, I think they were trying to create 'interesting' gear. Looking at them, the secondary offense items are interesting and possibly useful, I don't think the secondary defense or utility items really succeed though.
    Firstly, it was a suggestion, and secondly, I don't see you coming up with anything, better or not.

but on that note, maybe change the +30 to all to a +30 to primary SS instead.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well at least we can all go back to ignoring the gear. I doubt anyone is going to do a huge grind for gear that is on par with stuff you can buy for a few euro or get far faster during a Q event. And gear that most people that are interested in optimizing their performance already have.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

Well that's exactly what it was as primary gear. It was no better or worse than Justice Gear. But people didn't want to feel like their Justice Gear was no longer a special snowflake. So we got weird gear, that looks like primary gear, but is really secondary gear.

One thing to consider, is to rename and regraphic the Onslaught gear so it doesn't use Primary Gear naming conventions and graphics. It muddies the waters so to speak, and is confusing.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Hello @ladygladfly. Could you also look into the fact that there was no lockbox bonus stamp for the villain lockbox?

Thanks in advance.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    notyuu said:

notyuu said:

Firstly, it was a suggestion, and secondly, I don't see you coming up with anything, better or not.

Make it 20 in both SS's and it'll be on par with vigilante as an alternative for people that want to stack their secondary's over their primary due to a lot of specs working off either primary or secondary... <_<
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Some of these were mentioned earlier in the thread, but may have been overshadowed by the debate:

BUG: Saw Bat (weapon) only uses one color channel, and lacks any texturing.
    photo BatsawBasic_zpshuepiaty.jpg

BUG: Bat Saw (back piece) clips with the female Vixen stance, and gives a free lobotomy in the female combat stance.
    photo BatsawClip_zpshj8eymww.jpg

SUGGESTION: Add the Saw Bat to the Heavy Weapons category.
    SUGGESTION: Add an option to use just the baseball bat, sans saw blade.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User

BUG: Bat Saw (back piece) clips with the female Vixen stance, and gives a free lobotomy in the female combat stance.

LOL the lobotomy is real XDXD
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day

notyuu said:

notyuu said:

Make it 20 in both SS's and it'll be on par with vigilante as an alternative for people that want to stack their secondary's over their primary due to a lot of specs working off either primary or secondary... <_<</p>
    That . . . might actually be good.
  • christy300christy300 Posts: 35 Arc User
    also please hope you're going to make the onslaught tokens bound to account instead to be bound to a character!^^
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Make it 20 in both SS's and it'll be on par with vigilante as an alternative for people that want to stack their secondary's over their primary due to a lot of specs working off either primary or secondary... <_<</p>

Probably the best suggestion so far.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »

So how about Buffing Nuclear Shockwave as well? It's 10.000 for a weak theme power​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

The cost should determine how strong this is. The grind I imagine is one of the reasons people have begun to ignore the OVs. Not having PS or even SS stats will reduce the appeal of the gear from the vendor at their current prices.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Please DON'T put SS's in it.
    Let us pick what stats we put in, just set the amount that the stats will be.
    Those who want their SS's can have them and those that don't can have what they want.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Some of these were mentioned earlier in the thread, but may have been overshadowed by the debate:

BUG: Saw Bat (weapon) only uses one color channel, and lacks any texturing.
    photo BatsawBasic_zpshuepiaty.jpg

SUGGESTION: Add the Saw Bat to the Heavy Weapons category.
    SUGGESTION: Add an option to use just the baseball bat, sans saw blade.

I'm actually kind of disappointed with this bat saw when there's already a better one in game.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Dogz_Bat_Saw
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Make it 20 in both SS's and it'll be on par with vigilante as an alternative for people that want to stack their secondary's over their primary due to a lot of specs working off either primary or secondary...

Probably the best suggestion so far.
    It was what we suggested when they were first made into secondary's.
    avianos said:

So how about Buffing Nuclear Shockwave as well? It's 10.000 for a weak theme power​​

Something that was also suggested when it was first put onto PTS but didn't happen. -_-
    chaelk said:

Please DON'T put SS's in it.
    Let us pick what stats we put in, just set the amount that the stats will be.

Those who want their SS's can have them and those that don't can have what they want.​​

That would be a lot more awkward to do I would think. The thing is that you want them to be an alternative to vigilante, if you really want to stack your primary super stats then you can use them and then if you really want one of the bonus effects on the offensive ones then you can still use 2 vigilante and 1 onslaught or 2 onslaught and 1 vigilante if you really want to carefully min max how your stats are depending on what build one is using.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    My personal suggestion would be to add a small amount of +all stats - make these items well-rounded rather than Vigilante's strict focus. How much varies by which item, of course:

Onslaught Gloves of the Defender: +0 (These don't need a buff at all.)
    Onslaught Gloves of the Savior: +9 (These don't do much - most finished builds will have their own energy management covered, so granting energy to others isn't particularly valuable.)
    Onslaught Gloves of the Slicer: +3 (These are a solid DPS upgrade over vigilante or purple, so they should get only a token buff at most.)
    Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper: +6 (More situational and debatable relative to the melee version, so slightly larger stat boost.)

Onslaught Tights of Freedom: +12 (Crowd Control Resist is a total junk stat; these need a large buff to be worth considering.)
    Onslaught Tights of Agility: +3 (These are actually pretty good as is; a token buff is all they need.)
    Onslaught Tights of Fitness: +6 (The hit points are nice, and the defense is useful, but these really just don't impress. Thus, moderate buff.)

Onslaught Mask of Speed: +6 (After the cooldown nerf, these just aren't quite as valuable.)
    Onslaught Mask of Efficiency: +6 (And cost reduction isn't that much better - it's a nice stat to have some of, but once you have enough, you have enough; adding a ton more doesn't offer any real benefit.)
    Onslaught Mask of Energy: +9 (Increased maximum energy is... rather less useful than even either of the above.)
    draogn said:

The cost should determine how strong this is. The grind I imagine is one of the reasons people have begun to ignore the OVs. Not having PS or even SS stats will reduce the appeal of the gear from the vendor at their current prices.

The grind is not the reason people ignore the OVs. It's not even close to the reason. The reason people ignore OVs is because the rewards for being a hero are marginal at best, and complete trash if you're solo or in a small group.

draogn said:

The grind is not the reason people ignore the OVs. It's not even close to the reason. The reason people ignore OVs is because the rewards for being a hero are marginal at best, and complete trash if you're solo or in a small group.
    The grind and spawn camping is why I'm ignoring OVs, and I know I'm not alone. There is no way I'm going to grind out this subpar gear, even with a mod slot, on one character let alone multiples. The 10,000 tokens just so you can pay another 1,000 tokens in order to grind 5,000 tokens isn't worth it. Getting tokens, (on both sides) isn't reliable enough to support such high costs.
    draogn said:

The 10,000 tokens just so you can pay another 1,000 tokens in order to grind 5,000 tokens isn't worth it.

No-one actually does that; as I said, the rewards for being a hero are trash. If you're gold (or I think silver FF), it's pretty trivial to grind out 300 tokens/day from the daily missions and the free transform.

draogn said:

The 10,000 tokens just so you can pay another 1,000 tokens in order to grind 5,000 tokens isn't worth it.

No-one actually does that; as I said, the rewards for being a hero are trash. If you're gold (or I think silver FF), it's pretty trivial to grind out 300 tokens/day from the daily missions and the free transform.

That's 16 days for a single item on a single character. That's hoping you can kill enough players before the device expires.
    draogn said:

That's 16 days for a single item on a single character. That's hoping you can kill enough players before the device expires.

If there's a brawl going on, that's trivial. If not, it's not that hard to kill 10 UNTIL guardians.
    draogn wrote: »

Let me see, if you go for the bare minimum, which seems to be the only logic you are going by, you make ((50 + 250) *5) + 500 tokens in 5 days, or 2000 tokens in 5 days. But since most people obviously don't do the bare minimum when they do OV, you can make a lot more.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I found it almost impossible to find anyone that I can kill lately; so I go for the daily, and let that be it; especially when I have to do it on 8 characters, I don't have time to try to roam around and try to find people to kill.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs wrote: »
    I found it almost impossible to find anyone that I can kill lately; so I go for the daily, and let that be it; especially when I have to do it on 8 characters, I don't have time to try to roam around and try to find people to kill.

Depends on both time of day and instance. Zone 1 is the best to most likely find action going around and it still typically hangs out at the police station but also happens outside of the prison to. During the week, with school going on, probably be less activity.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2015

draogn said:

The only players who have any incentive to fight OV's are Silver AT players. Silver Freeforms and Gold Subscribers, have no real need to collect Guardian tokens. But it's pretty sad to watch a bunch of Silvers try to take down a Grond. Most of the time I've witnessed, Grond "escapes".

It's great for the player piloting the OV - because weak AT's are like slot machines. Smash 'em and watch 'em come back to be smashed again. That's why people spawn camp, on decent AOE equals a load of dead AT players..

It's obvious this is by design. It's a system that encourages the sell of Vehicles, Freeform slots, and Gold memberships. Purchase any one of those things, and suddenly playing Onslaught as a hero becomes a lot more fun.

There could be some balance if there were something other than the OV unlock that Guardian tokens could purchase.
    But, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

There could be some balance if there were something other than the OV unlock that Guardian tokens could purchase.
    But, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Could also just make it so things cost both Villain and Guardian tokens. However, the other problem is that, if a solo hero encounters a solo villain, it's absolutely dumb to attack unless you can bait the villain onto a turret, because solo you can't do enough damage to actually gain any tokens before the transform times out.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    morigosa said:

Onslaught Gloves of the Savior: +9 (These don't do much - most finished builds will have their own energy management covered, so granting energy to others isn't particularly valuable.)

I'm mixed on this by virtue of the term "finished builds". While it would be useless to most min-maxers, I could see a fair bit of worth in pugs. I think its biggest weakness is that it's a 35' radius instead of the usual 50' foot radius for buff auras. That said...
    morigosa said:

Onslaught Mask of Energy: +9 (Increased maximum energy is... rather less useful than even either of the above.)

Yeah...this is kinda trash. I think this is less than the cost of most starter powers. Max Energy buffs on gear and mods are undesirable since they give so little. If I want max energy bad enough, I'll just slot Enduance mods.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The mod slot idea isn't bad, just only allow r3 mods to be put into them. That way, they allow for some customization but aren't insane. It would allow mix'n'match with Vigilante as well. And hey, suddenly r3 mods aren't just vendor trash.

Can we just have ONE token type? That would be super. It would suck up less bag space with all of the guardian / villain tokens. It's been a bit over a week and I already blow my extra hero tokens being a pinata for heroes just so they aren't taking up two slots. I can't imagine how much worse this is going to be once I start getting 10k+ villain tokens as well.

The divide is a stupid way to shove people into spending money. People are going to buy FF slots and villain becomes anyway, no reason to screw up participation on the hero side to do it. All you've done is ruin a fun piece of content by making there be NO reason for most player to even bother playing the hero side ever.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    naciiito said:

LOL the lobotomy is real XDXD
    Ouch.
This discussion has been closed.