test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voting with my feet

Dear Cryptic,

As this is no longer a subscription game, and there is no opportunity to fill out an exit survey, this thread's purpose is to let you know that I am disassociating myself from you and your products. Your latest decision to place the most fundamental element of this game - powers - in lockboxes, is the last straw that I am prepared to tolerate. I will be removing your games from my hard drive and will never invest another penny in any other enterprise you enter into.

This is not a decision made lightly, as I have thoroughly enjoyed Champions Online since its beta and had gone so far as to purchase a Lifetime subscription when they were still available. I maintain without reservation that this is hands down the best superhero MMORPG to ever be produced. My only consolation is the assumption that it is your Eastern overlords that have forced your hands in this unfortunate business decision.

Best of luck to you and the Cryptic team.

Sincerely,

Helbjorn

PS - To the forumites, this thread is not intended for you. However, if you feel compelled to add your own sentiments below, proceed, but know that I am not returning to this thread and will not be reading or commenting further.

PPS - No, you cannot have my stuff.

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell​​
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    helbjorn wrote: »
    PPS - No, you cannot have my stuff.

/thread​​
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    would have been better to send it to customer support.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    Im surprised anyone even CARES anymore.. if you dont like it just leave.

I've left the game ages but still checking the forums for my set..

Again the game is obviously going downhill.. if you want to leave just do it. :|
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    I've left the game ages... if you want to leave just do it.
    Physician, heal thyself.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Your latest decision to place the most fundamental element of this game - powers costume parts - in lockboxes, is the last straw that I am prepared to tolerate.

Fixed that for you.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    just do it.
    Shia-LaBeouf-Just-Do-It.gif
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You'll be missed....who are you again?
  • Options
    mildmanneredcalmildmanneredcal Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm by no means an expert, but I am pretty sure you'll need to see a notary public for this to count as an official disassociation notice. Dissolving your relationship with a video game (especially once hard drives start getting involved) can be considerably complicated. Honestly, I would recommend putting a video game lawyer on retainer, just to be on the safe side. You're gonna need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    Goodbye and good luck.

I have always felt that you brought a much needed alternate view point to these forums.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Cleaned up some posts. No need to be rude or antagonistic, guys.​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    Eh, I don't really blame you that much. I hope you make out alright.
  • Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    I'm certainly not going to tell you that you're wrong.

Enjoy whatever you end up playing.

I'll still be here, hoping they stop it with all this nonsense and instead do some of the amazing things I keep dreaming about.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    It's honestly an understandable reaction, Lockboxes are getting out of hand at this point

Farewell, shame we never had a chance to meet ingame​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Which basement? I'm guessing a dead body?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is an I am leaving thread that actually make me sad :V
    Have fun on what ever new game to choose to play Helbjorn!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    Well that makes a bit more sense!

I suppose it's a good time to say that us Moderators don't go around and check every single new post all over the forums. We often don't see stuff like this, so if you want to get rid of stuff like that, it's best to not reply to the offending post, and alert a moderator about it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Well that makes a bit more sense!

I suppose it's a good time to say that us Moderators don't go around and check every single new post all over the forums. We often don't see stuff like this, so if you want to get rid of stuff like that, it's best to not reply to the offending post, and alert a moderator about it.

Gawd, Biff! What do we not pay you for?!? Get it together !
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    The only vote in this one-person poll has been cast. Therefore, it should be closed.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    T1yHj4q.gif

Probably not the only vote, just some people don't bother voicing their sentiments.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    You started eating popcorn too late. The movie just ended.