test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Got beta key before preorder, how do I switch

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I started open beta with a beta key from fileplanet. I have since preordered the game, and I'm wondering how to change my beta key to a preorder key so that I can play in the headstart. Anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Go to the Star Trek Online home page (not the forums page) and click on the orange "My Account" link in the upper right corner of your browser window. From there, you should be able to find a screen where you can enter your preorder key just like you entered your beta key.

Hope this helps,

Buxley
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    kohl777 wrote: »
    I started open beta with a beta key from fileplanet. I have since preordered the game, and I'm wondering how to change my beta key to a preorder key so that I can play in the headstart. Anyone know?

I faced the same issue and ended up just creating a new account to enter my pre-order key.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Or you enter your key here: http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Buxley wrote: »
    Go to the Star Trek Online home page (not the forums page) and click on the orange "My Account" link in the upper right corner of your browser window. From there, you should be able to find a screen where you can enter your preorder key just like you entered your beta key.

This will work. I did the same thing when my Amazon pre-order key arrived, after having used a Beta key from another site. Also added in the Del Taco shuttle and some others the same way, without issue.