Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    every few seconds discon, and when try to zone to any zone discon
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Throwing in here too, I was good from about 1am PST to around 8am PST but after that its been nothing but constant server disconnects, I really think theres not enough bandwidth allocated for the load.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I really wanted to hit LT CMDR today, but I've been having this same problem. I was fine during Deep Space Encounters doing "Secure the Sirius Sector Block" or w/e its called, but as soon as I left I got SERVER NOT RESPONDING and DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER and I haven't been able to get back in since.

On a lighter note, I've had some really funny load ins so far with my ship beaming down to a planet for ground combat, or my character beaming into space without a ship.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same, played all day without any problems at all...now the Americans logging on and the servers go POP....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GISoldat wrote: »
    You are testing something though, they are working out the kinks of server stability. With Closed beta there were about 8k on at most at the same time, with this you have and I am prob low balling it, 50k folks. Servers need to be tweaked to handle it properly, instances need to pop up to take the added pressure. Seems like what is happening right now is more instances aren't creating, so folks are being shuffled from one full instance to another, when you have thousands of people doing that the servers are about to blow a gasket.

Servers have gaskets?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am having the same issue. Here are a few more details that might make things better.

I am doing the "Patrol the Kassae Sector" episode and I got the first two systems done but anytime I try to get close to the other two systems in the episode, I get no interaction to "Enter the System" when I get there, that is when I get the server connection issue popping up.

Ironicly,. I did several deep space encounters and could come and go as I please but when trying to load into a system, i get disconnected.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same for me as well every two ae three minutes. Seems as always Yanks come first everyone else comes second.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's happening to me too. I was fine yesterday, now it's "Server not responding" every 5-10 min. It seemed to start happeneing as more people came on, so I'd say thhis server needs a lot of optimizing especially before launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pretty sure everyone is getting mauled by this junk right now. And it'd be nice if we could get a word from the Cryptos about what's going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    getting disconnects too, and sometimes i can't login after i'm getting disconnected.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I too keep getting disconnected due to server not responding.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, it looks like we are all in the same group. Constant disconnects.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm in Canada on broadband and I'm getting the exact same thing here - immediate and constant disconnects. I've seen this sort of thing before in Aion because of a P2P filter at the ISP level - but I can't be sure without sniffing the segment and analyzing it, and that's not my job here. :)

BTW - if you're so inclined a good sniffer is Wireshark - and it's free.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm also getting a lot of disconnects. In my case, 90% of the disconnects and 'server not responding' messages are happening while in the sector map, where you travel from system to system.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GISoldat wrote: »
    You are testing something though, they are working out the kinks of server stability. With Closed beta there were about 8k on at most at the same time, with this you have and I am prob low balling it, 50k folks. Servers need to be tweaked to handle it properly, instances need to pop up to take the added pressure. Seems like what is happening right now is more instances aren't creating, so folks are being shuffled from one full instance to another, when you have thousands of people doing that the servers are about to blow a gasket.

Can I just ask if im the only one that feels that the open beta is actually a load of bull? yes the closed beta had less people to test how the servers did, but I really dont see why we had to pay to be the next guinea pigs. Open beta my butt, i have only had like an hour on the game due to the server not responding issue and more. The hour i have had actually playing i have been thrown about the place and this isnt even in combat its due to some glitch which apparently a blocked port is the explination. I checked my ports and they are all unblocked and my 2 desktops have the lastest processer and a very expensive fast graphics card plus 4 gig of ram so not really my comps before anyone comes back saying "oh well your comp is **it". They have quite obviously split the beta into two parts to get more money out of people. I'm just sorry I bothered to pay extra to play the game early as its been nothing but a waste of time and money. Hopefully when the game is finally finished it will work properly but im predicting even then problems will be occurring. So anyway well done Cryptic good job on the great game! ~claps~ (that was sarcasm btw)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im now flickering i keep geting a message" server not responding" and the lag is real bad u try fighting where u studer around in pvp but im sure theres a fix in works since its what been said in zone