test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STAR TREK: STARFLEET ACADEMY Series Begins Production in 2024

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    "For the first time in over a century..." I'm going to assume this series will start where Star Trek Discovery ends? With Tilly as an Academy instructor.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    "For the first time in over a century..." I'm going to assume this series will start where Star Trek Discovery ends? With Tilly as an Academy instructor.
    Oh God, i hope not..
    If its set in that time and with her I will be giving that series an easy miss..

• Options
    Bear in mind that an announcement like this today suggests some planning was in the works for a while. The set-up with Tilly was seen in the previous season of Discovery. So this doesn't surprise me that much.

As popular as I understand Season 3 of Picard to be, it's too early for Paramount to have greenlit something new based purely upon that approach. Not to say they still couldn't later. I wouldn't object should that happen, too.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Cool. Does that mean you'll forgo complaining about a series you're not watching?

Diane Duane pointed out on Twitter today that hortas are canonically extremely long-lived. So there's an outside, highly unlikely chance we'll see Lt. Tilly reporting to Adm. Naraht, Commandant of the Academy. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    Diane Duane pointed out on Twitter today that hortas are canonically extremely long-lived. So there's an outside, highly unlikely chance we'll see Lt. Tilly reporting to Adm. Naraht, Commandant of the Academy. :smile:

I'd be so totally down for that.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    One of the Star Trek YouTube Channels is apparently saying it is 32nd Century. IMO until we know more, frankly just hold judgement until it comes out. There's no point in bashing it before we even see it. Let it show, give it some time, then judge based on the evidence it gives us and not prejudge based on personal bias alone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    One of the Star Trek YouTube Channels is apparently saying it is 32nd Century. IMO until we know more, frankly just hold judgement until it comes out. There's no point in bashing it before we even see it. Let it show, give it some time, then judge based on the evidence it gives us and not prejudge based on personal bias alone.
    Seems to me it kind of has to be post-DSC, in the 32nd century, as the ad copy states the Academy is re-opening its doors "for the first time in over a century". Can't think of any other era when Starfleet Academy would have been closed for a hundred years.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Well... honestly I think setting it in the 32nd Century does allow for exploration of not only that new Century, but "learning" about the events in Starfleet's past. These Cadets could very well run simulations of events from pretty much any era of Star Trek. So who knows what we'll see.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I know it's very early days still. But I'd love to see STO take on a 32C start and recruitment event eventually. You'd just need to have they encounter an anomaly that sends them to the distance past of 25c.

I know they said that new start and recruitment events are unlikely at best (it would be a big unter taking) but one can hope.

I actually like a lot Tilly, as fuller figured women I like to see myself on TV.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    What i'm aware of with this series, it's meant to be some kind of star trek soap opera on Academy grounds, so expect an ensemble cast. That's what i learned of it years ago, i'm not sure if it will still follow that.

i'm surprised the section 31 series hasn't come out into the open. i'd have liked to seen the Terran Georgiou and Tyler acting as a foil to each other on missions of importance.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    What i'm aware of with this series, it's meant to be some kind of star trek soap opera on Academy grounds, so expect an ensemble cast. That's what i learned of it years ago, i'm not sure if it will still follow that.
    That was during the Bad Old Days, when teen dramas on the CW were a top TV draw. Probably not going to use that format here.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    That was during the Bad Old Days, when teen dramas on the CW were a top TV draw. Probably not going to use that format here.

Maybe? But if Kurtzman releases Matalas from his director role in Picard and tells him to effectively bugger off from Star Trek after all the good he has done with Season 3 with a small budget. I just wouldn't put it past Kurtzman if he wanted to keep it going down the soap opera route because it shows his state of mind as one who doesn't see past his own vision.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.