test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with the Intel Assault Cruiser consoles..

Hi everyone, I'm on XBOX One and for the life of me, can't find which assault cruiser has the final console in the "Starfleet Assault Cruiser technology" set. I have the 'Incrimental Phase cloaking device' & 'Metreon Gas canisters'. Where do I get the 'Metreon Gas Warhead Launcher'?

TIA, for any help clarifying this. 👍
XBOX One GT: Paladinrja

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    That console is from the Vizier Command Assault Cruiser.

Unfortunately, that ship has never been avaliable on Consoles, it's PC only. That set cannot be completed by console players. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User

Unfortunately, that ship has never been avaliable on Consoles, it's PC only. That set cannot be completed by console players. :disappointed:
    Wt -actual- F!? Are you serious! -- Why even enable 'A SET' that can't be completed?

There must be some kinda mistake.. You have to 'pay' (real money) for the Intel Assault Criuser afterall. -- Lol It's like buying a car only to find out it only has 2/3rds of an engine.

Dev's, please say this is an oversight and IAC purchasers can find the console (Metreon Gas Warhead Launcher) in the reclaimables section of the dil store shortly. 😄

Thanks for your reply @seaofsorows👍

• Options

Well 'it would be', if it isn't just an oversight. I bought the pack for ' a reason' -- none the wiser. Whatever the deal with this is, I'm sure there is a compromise.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There isn't unless Microsoft and Sony agree. Though I suppose they could add the Vizier Console to the Phoenix Box on all Platforms.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    There isn't unless Microsoft and Sony agree. Though I suppose they could add the Vizier Console to the Phoenix Box on all Platforms.
    That makes no sense either. -- Now that @seaofsorrows supplied me with the name of the ship; I looked it up. It was 'given away free' as part of a promotion, as I understand it. That promotion was honoured.

I 'bought' the 'only' part of the set that actually costs you money (3000 zen). Why would you suggest it should be provided other than directly to IAC consumers? As a recent LTS, I find that suggestion very strange.

Admittedly I'm fairly new to the game; but I loved the Intrepid & IAC packs so much, that I was inpired to become a LTS. In fact, this whole problem wouldn't exist if the IAC pack was handled like the Intrepid pack. IMHO, it should've been.

Just to be clear: It's only the 'Metreon Gas Warhead Launcher' console, thats in question. The ship (or rather it's parts/skin) is already unlocked by purchasing the IAC pack.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    It's only the 'Metreon Gas Warhead' console that's in question. The ship (or rather, it's 'parts / skin') is already unlocked via purchase of the IAC pack.-- I actually only recently became a LTS. That decision was in large part due to the Intrepid & IAC packs. In fact! This issue wouldn't exist (at all), if the IAC pack was handled in the same manner as the Intrepid pack. IMHO, it should've been.

Thanks to @seaofsorrows for providing me with the ship name; I did some searching. That ship was actually provided 'free'; and it seems most were content to avoid getting the IAC pack altogether (which cost me 3000 zen). I think IAC pack consumer should get the missing set console, don't you? -- The Intrepid pack gives you the complete set. I bought the IAC because it's set is the backbone of that characters build.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    With the Command Assault Cruiser linked to the WizKids promotion, it's doubtful that we'll see it added to the game in some other way until after that contract has run its course.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    With the Command Assault Cruiser linked to the WizKids promotion, it's doubtful that we'll see it added to the game in some other way until after that contract has run its course.

That's what I was thinking as well.. doesn't seem likely.

I actually have no problem with then doing promos like this with vendors. Yeah, it makes the ship kind of hard to get because the promo codes go so fast.. but even that I can live with.

The one and only problem I have with promos like this is making the rare/exclusive ship part of a console set. I have never liked them doing this with Event ships and I like it even less for Promo ships. It would be nice to see this practice finally stopped.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It's just another reason to remind your friends to play on PC instead of console.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    It's just another reason to remind your friends to play on PC instead of console.

While I tend to agree that the PC version is the better gaming experience, the issue really is tying set items behind exclusive 'one time only' items which sadly happens on both platforms.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

While I tend to agree that the PC version is the better gaming experience, the issue really is tying set items behind exclusive 'one time only' items which sadly happens on both platforms.

Which are the other ones to watch-out for?

Btw, I've been gaming on PC, forever. I wanted to try an MMO on console. The experience fits better than you think for this game. -- Granted, the ground combat needs an overhaul (badly!). Otherwise it's pretty good. It's really, only these sorts of issues that make ya feel like someone pulled the rug out from under you. As I said, I was 'none the wiser' when I got the IAC pack. I'm sure if this is brought to the devs attention, they can sort this out.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That's what I was thinking as well.. doesn't seem likely.

I actually have no problem with then doing promos like this with vendors. Yeah, it makes the ship kind of hard to get because the promo codes go so fast.. but even that I can live with.

The one and only problem I have with promos like this is making the rare/exclusive ship part of a console set. I have never liked them doing this with Event ships and I like it even less for Promo ships. It would be nice to see this practice finally stopped.
    I don't see how it's worse than the alternative of not having any set bonus at all. All the bonus does is remind people the other thing exists, even if it's not easily obtained.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I don't see how it's worse than the alternative of not having any set bonus at all.

The alternative is having the items be available.

Personally, I have no use for this set either and would use none of it. Still, if someone wants it, it should be attainable somehow.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It's an excellent set for a pinnacle ship. From what I could tell, no one seemed to see the value in the 3 pc. Only the two Metreon parts. Which is a shame because a Tac, Int / Strat Captain with the flanking debuffs make the phase cloak, a deadly command presence on an Engineering focused ship. Both the Launcher (3rd console) and the WAQT are 'wide-angle'; but the secret sauce is coupling an Engineering platform with it's correct damage 'effectively'. -- That being EPS overloading 'Plasma'.

It seems many tend to think linearly when building; and sure, that's one way to do things, and it works. However theres 'a reason' behind the nomenclature of the Assault Criuser lineage. It's literally a wizard. Mass CC through EPS control; by the time you pop the Metreon, they have no sub-systems to upkeep an effective defense. -- Everything being done to you, just hardens you while the damage debuffs transfer into proc'able damage buff (via it's tactical command set). The IAC is quite literally a 'space sapper'.

The real problem with the lack of being able to complete the set though; is that a huge chunk of the criusers entire endgame, base maneuvererability, is tied up in the set completion. Nothing you do to it will mod it's eliptical turning arc, because until you complete it's set, you maintain a 40% penalty to it's base. -- It'll never turn on a dime (and it's not supposed to). It's meant to work like a spectre gunship, which you can't do if you're over-shooting your targets still, when turning.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't see how it's worse than the alternative of not having any set bonus at all.

Personally, I have no use for this set either and would use none of it. Still, if someone wants it, it should be attainable somehow.
    Everything should be available somehow. But isn't.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    You'll probably get the Vizier Class on console around the same time they allow us to run old Winter/Summer/anniversary events that we missed or buy a T5/T6 Constitution Class in the C-Store.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Everything should be available somehow. But isn't.
    It's a promo code item, anyone with the code has it. The problem is the limited supply of codes. At least on PC. The promo apparently wasn't a large print run.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

It's brilliant.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Effectively, I have the ship ("Vizier") -- the IAC pack comes with all it's modelled parts, it's material skin (looks like a toy would), it's specific decals schemes, and it's lighting patterns.

The *ONLY* thing you don't get, is the 'Metreon Gas Warhead Launcher' console.

But I'm an idiot, just been bitten again. -- Just bought the Andorian t6 pack (finally!); and wouldnyaknow it? "now chasing the 'DOMINO' console". Ya can't win.. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure I saw that in the Phoenix prize system?

Would love some solid ground. There's no way to know you're gonna fall into these traps. This stuff's expensive..
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, the D.O.M.I.N.O. console came with the Denorios-class Bajoran Interceptor. Which should be in the Phoenix Pack, because I remember people complaining that the ship was in the Phoenix Pack but not the Warp Core.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    If you want to know about sets before acquiring them, use the wiki.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If you want to know about sets before acquiring them, use the wiki.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

How 'bout "make these transactions, 'transparent' over the store counter" in the first place? That'd solve issues, huh.. It's not pretend money we're talking about here.

Wiki is a third party rabbit-warren, no better than this games own lucky-dip of a store. -- the individual product descriptions happily tell you, about parts of a set. The ship packs (sometimes) even remind you that set exists therein. Neither individual, nor pack descriptions inform you there are effectively omitted &/ hidden items. This is important information and omitting it is misleading.

Even childrens toys packaging inform you 'batteries not included'.

This is not what I want to hear from you. -- What I'd like to hear from you is: " Y'know what? You're right, there's clearly a problem here and I'm going to escalate this issue. We know that eStores trade as largely unregulated commerce, however we'd like to make sure our customers have the most satisfying experience from our store possible; because your continued patronage and reports of a satisfying experience, are important to us."
This discussion has been closed.