edited July 2019 in Ten Forward
out of interest whats i the best movie and why

what is the best Star Trek Movie 35 votes

Star Trek the Motion Picture
5%
siotaylorsmokebailey 2 votes
Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Kahn
34%
steinbergtrygvar13baddmoonrizinseaofsorrowswildthyme467989thay8472r24681012theraven2378stoyozjamieblanchardavoozuulthemadprofessor#9835 12 votes
Star Trek 3 Search for Spock
0%
Star Trek 4 Voyage Home
5%
jonsillsmneme0 2 votes
Star Trek 5 The Final Frontier
0%
Star Trek 6 The Undiscovered Country
22%
kurumimorishitamustrumridcully0reyan01voporakmarc8219khan5000baudlasgard47 8 votes
Star Trek Generations
0%
Star Trek First Contact
22%
garaks31azrael605jcsteeletunebreakerevilmark444jake477steaennickkyana#2794 8 votes
Star Trek Insurection
5%
markhawkmanlordgyor 2 votes
Star Trek Nemesis
2%
coldnapalm 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I am Very conflicted when it come sto this its between star trek 2,6 or first contact cant decide just want to see what others think and if they have same problem deciding
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,482 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I cannot decide the best one and have not watched all the Star Trek movies. So I am not able to vote in this. Also, not sure I could get down to the best Star Trek movie in my opinion. I would have to rewatch them to actually vote for the best in my opinion. Also, shouldn't this be in Ten Forward. @baddmoonrizin please move to Ten Forward. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I can't decide.
    I'd like to say Insurrection as its not just "shoot the bad guys", but feels like an episode with a moral story. I also want to say Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    TMP. Felt the most trekian.

To me WoK is overrated.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    TUC followed by BEY. You've accidentally left the last three films off the poll so I'm not going to click it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Star Trek is really not a movie franchise, despite there being so many of them. 1-6 will always have a special meaning to me and I can't really call any of them out being especially good or bad. Five has the wonkiest script, but given it's production history it's a miracle they even made it.

The TNG movies are all pretty bad to be honest. And the KT is a mixed bag. I like 09 up until the Kelvin gets destroyed, afterwards is silly. ID is horrible, and I don't get what they were thinking. BEY was rather good.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    artan42 wrote: »
    TUC followed by BEY. You've accidentally left the last three films off the poll so I'm not going to click it.​​

I don't think its that the OP forgot, but more of hitting the limit on how many options can be given.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I like 09 up until the Kelvin gets destroyed, afterwards is silly.

So... the first two minutes only?

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    TUC followed by BEY. You've accidentally left the last three films off the poll so I'm not going to click it.

I don't think its that the OP forgot, but more of hitting the limit on how many options can be given.

Then they should have left I, V, and IX off because they're nobody's favourite films.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I think you missed smoke saying she likes TMP, and I happen to like Insurrection.
  • Options
    TUC followed by BEY. You've accidentally left the last three films off the poll so I'm not going to click it.

Then they should have left I, V, and IX off because they're nobody's favourite films.​​

Ahem. *points to herself*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    Wrath of Khan just for the game of psychological chess between Kirk and Khan
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      I think you missed smoke saying she likes TMP, and I happen to like Insurrection.

I didn't miss it, she's had her posts hidden to me.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
      steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
      --"KHAN"-- Not sure if i included enough letters.
    • Options
      mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
      Star Trek 4 Voyage Home
      Great
      Great
      Great
      Great
      Meh
      Meh

Meh
      Great
      Trash
      Trash

Trash
      Trash
      Trash.
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Star Trek First Contact
      TWoK and FC are a near tie for me, but my preference for the TNG crew and the fact that the borg are my favorite Trek aliens puts that one on top for me. The poll is also missing the three JJ movies, was that meant to be a statement about those movies themselves or just a case of running out of poll options?
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      The poll is also missing the three JJ movies, was that meant to be a statement about those movies themselves or just a case of running out of poll options?

Probably running out of space for options.
    • Options
      azrael605 wrote: »
      > @smokebailey said:
      > TMP. Felt the most trekian.
      >

This is just a stupid thing to say. No film in the franchise is any more or less Star Trek than any other. Never has been, never will be.

Got a good idea for you.

Tell someone who CARES.
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
      Star Trek 6 The Undiscovered Country
      Undiscovered Country. Wrath of Khan is a close second.
      Your pain runs deep.
      Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    • Options
      azrael605 wrote: »
      > @artan42 said:
      > rattler2 wrote: »
      >
      > I think you missed smoke saying she likes TMP, and I happen to like Insurrection.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > I didn't miss it, she's had her posts hidden to me.

Wish I could get on that.

If you use Chrome you can use the Tampermonky extension to enable the forums enhancement extension (there should be a link in my sig). Amongst other things it adds the ability to hide users posts.
      I doubt it works on mobile and I don't know if it works on other browsers.
      The poll is also missing the three JJ movies, was that meant to be a statement about those movies themselves or just a case of running out of poll options?

Kelvin Timeline series. Abrams was not involved in three films, he was barely involved in two.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
      jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Wrath is the king of the hill for me. Though with that, I'd have to say that the Wrath/Search/Voyage "trilogy" is the finest hour for Trek movies. TMP ain't that bad, either.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      > @rattler2 said:
      > So... the first two minutes only?

Pretty much, yes. I would have liked to see a fourth one with Chris Hemsworth. Pity, really.

@artan42 I like TMP thank you very much 😜 Also, remember that the forum extension is abandoned and needs some tweaking. I can send anyone interested the necessary ublock-filters to disable the forums redirect to the ARC overlay (also @azrael605 )
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
      edited July 2019
      Star Trek 4 Voyage Home
      valoreah wrote: »
      TMP. Felt the most trekian.

I'm with Smoke on this one - TMP has to be my favorite and is what I consider the most "Trek" of the films. I do love them all for different reasons.
      Personally I thought IV, "the 'Save the Whales' episode", felt more like old-school Trek than any of the others, but of course YMMV.
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • Options
      If anyone asks... Nemesis just felt like a rehash of TUC, but not well done. Kinda like a fanfic rewrite of a previous story using a different crew and time period.
      • Supercloak ship
      • Former antagonistic superpower
      • conspiracy

Both had a ship that could fire while cloaked. The Scimitar was just the ultimate one up to the point you can't one up her. "Perfect" Cloak, full shields, full weapons... Oh... and a planet killer weapon.

Instead of the Klingon Empire, we have the Romulan Star Empire making overtures to the Federation.

Instead of a conspiracy to start a war between the Federation and the Klingons, we have a conspiracy to destroy Earth as well as liberate the Remans. What does Reman Liberation have to do with Earth other than the fact that Shinzon was some wonky temporal clone shenanigans?

Also most of the cast kinda came off as tired at times.