test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vaadwaur Miracle Worker Juggernaut [T6]

xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
I wish I had the money to whale on this ship. It looks like it'll be a beast.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    except turn rate
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    It does look like a potential beast. Definitely good for a polaron build if you got the Manasa and Astika already as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    That starship trait though....wow. Can't wait to see the numbers on that. May actually dethrone some of the must-have traits that have held on to the top spots for way too long.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I also love how Cryptic suddenly throws a random Vaadwaur ship into the game.... :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This ship is.. odd.

Kinda feels like 'hey, we need to make some money, lets make something super powerful that people will spend a ton of money on.'

I can already see that trait bing insanely over powered. And knowing Cryptic, they'll let it break the game for a month or two to drive up sales and then they'll 'balance' it and make it all but useless.

I like the Vaaduar ships for the most part, it kinda looks like an Astika on steroids which I think is cool. Art department, as usual, did an awesome job on the ship. Stats are pretty good overall.. mixing Miracle Worker and Intel is a nasty combination. It's surprisingly thin on Engineering which might make it somewhat soft and turn rate sucks but that can be compensated for.

Overall, I won't be flying one because R&D ships are just too expensive, but it definitely looks like a power house of a ship if built right. I have to say though, it kinda feels like an OP cash grab ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    This ship is.. odd.

Kinda feels like 'hey, we need to make some money, lets make something super powerful that people will spend a ton of money on.'

I can already see that trait bing insanely over powered. And knowing Cryptic, they'll let it break the game for a month or two to drive up sales and then they'll 'balance' it and make it all but useless.

I like the Vaaduar ships for the most part, it kinda looks like an Astika on steroids which I think is cool. Art department, as usual, did an awesome job on the ship. Stats are pretty good overall.. mixing Miracle Worker and Intel is a nasty combination. It's surprisingly thin on Engineering which might make it somewhat soft and turn rate sucks but that can be compensated for.

Overall, I won't be flying one because R&D ships are just too expensive, but it definitely looks like a power house of a ship if built right. I have to say though, it kinda feels like an OP cash grab ship.

I agree. Ship is pretty much spot on.

Tac commander
    5/3 gun ports
    6 tac consoles
    Full access to miracle worker abilities

Think the only cloud in the sky is the fixed lt sci station making aux2bat surely possible but not ideal. That and the slow turn rate won’t be much of an issue in a day and age of competitive engines and colony tac consoles which will heal you better than any non tac abilities ever would. I could imagine some diabolic setups for example with the morphogenic polaron weapon set from story on this ship.

In the past I got a handful of those 1,3B EC ships as they don’t cost me RL money. So far most of them turned out to be disappointment in the long run. Think I wait and see how this one turns out (especially console and trait) before resorting to any rash actions. :)

Oh Edit:

Haven’t seen a hanger though. Lots of DPS is and can be done with them currently. If one more turret can make up for that remains to be seen so mostly the possible OPness of the ship is reduced to console, trait and the build in power. In any case compared to a Scim this thing has only miracle stuff on the + side but flag ship consoles and pets on the - side.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Haven’t seen a hanger though. Lots of DPS is and can be done with them currently. If one more turret can make up for that remains to be seen so mostly the possible OPness of the ship is reduced to console, trait and the build in power. In any case compared to a Scim this thing has only miracle stuff on the + side but flag ship consoles and pets on the - side.

I was thinking the same, should be on par with the Scimitar but the Scimitar is an account wide unlock so yeah.. :smiley:

I like the Vaaduar ships, I think it's cool looking and it would be a fun ship to play with. If it was a C-Store Ship, I would absolutely pick it up, but 1B is right around my current total assets so it's too rich for my blood. Even as good as the trait looks, I can only have so many traits at one time and using it means removing one of the really nice traits I already have.

It's a nice ship, no doubt, but not worth anyone bankrupting their assets or spending a ton of cash trying to win. It's gonna be a pass for me. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I find the concept of a juggernaut interesting. Not a dreadnought, but a juggernaut.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I really don't like those RNG box very expensive. If i get this kind of ship, it would be only by the trade, but it's too much expensive in EC.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I had a jem'hadar recon ship in my inventory for over a year. I couldn't decide whether to use or sell it. Ultimately I sold it. Might get that Juggernaught if the price ever drops to around 1.05b EC.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It'd be better not to draw attention to this ship or any of the other R&D promo ones until such a time that cryptic decide to make R&D actually worthwhile and worth dropping zen on gambling for a ship.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I really don't like those RNG box very expensive. If i get this kind of ship, it would be only by the trade, but it's too much expensive in EC.

Promo boxes are very in demand though, you can buy them with dil->zen and sell on the exchange for EC. If you haven't been making an concerted effort to save up it probably won't be enough for a promo ship...but a lot of other things will be in range. It can be a great boost if you're looking to pick up a select lock box ship or expensive trait.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Typically veering on the edge of being OP.

Although I'll admit that I find these R&D promotions offensive - purchase stupid boxes of R&D junk (and some lobi), that most neither want or need, that are even more expensive than lock box keys and offer the same abysmal, catastrophically low, chance of dropping the ship everyone opens them for.

No thanks.

Before I simply bought loads and loads of Phoenix Upgrades, I didn't mind the R&D Promos, because I could use the materials for my upgrade crafting. Now I really don't have much use for them.
    But at least it also contains the occassional Upgrade Booster.

Still preferable to the DOFF Promos, since the DOFF inventory is actually very limited compared to the R&D inventory. (Though I am close to capacity there now ,too.)

And I actually prefer them over Lockboxes, because lockboxes have so much TRIBBLE I just don't want or need anymore. (Another VIP Mining Claim?)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Makes me want to start a Zentradi character (micronized, of course).
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    IMO this is probably the least interested ship ever thrown into a R&D pack.

I think they should have thrown it into a lockbox instead for the minor stuff that some folks might be interested.

Even the looks are VERY similar to the last Fek'Ihri ship. Would not be surprised they cooked this up at the last minute and might have used the same graphical design or just copy paste job. At best looks like a flying brick. Definitely will pass on it and save my money for other cooler stuff.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Even the looks are VERY similar to the last Fek'Ihri ship. Would not be surprised they cooked this up at the last minute and might have used the same graphical design or just copy paste job.​​

...the model is originally from Delta Rising. That said, the MW power spec didn't exist back then. So, it's nice to see an omission from the playable ship set finally being filled and in a way that gives an underrepresented spec a slightly larger presence in the game (and on a ship which compliments it very well.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Same as ever, it'll get a few dozen units shifted due to op trait

...then it'll get nerfed...eventually.

Heres hoping the ones who rabidly campaigned (read: threw toys out of the pram) against H'urq swarmers that anyone could get relatively inexpensively won't just be 'oh, I have this absurdly op trait but 99% of the players can't have it...so its fine right, considering I paid so much...right?' as I suspect will happen.

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Nice trait...wonder if they will nerf it in a couple months after sales dry up?
    Tza0PEl.png
This discussion has been closed.