What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What movies would your captains watch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I do like some good satire and the movie does it well, it's also why I enjoy the original Robocop so much (director's cut is superb)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Ah, here's what some of my toons fancy on their holodecks from time to time ...

19 of 79 : The Black Hole. Though I suspect she'd fancy it a documentary! O_o

Cheech'N'Chong : The Cheech and Chong movies, naturally. XD Also Clerks.

Olga "Eagle" Steele-Rose : Red Dawn, First Blood, Transformers the Movie - the 1986 one!, Top Gun, River's Edge, Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink ... pretty much anything 1980s! Oh, and the original Star Wars trilogy.

Autumn : Enjoys mostly musicals, as well as light fare from the first half of the 20th century. Purple Rain, Sound of Music, Miracle on 34th Street, and things of that nature. Also enjoys the Bill and Ted movies, and Clerks.

Jamie : Star Wars, Star Trek (( though I suspect that would be some 4th wall poking here! )) 2001 and 2010 Space Odyssey movies, Back the the Future movies, Indiana Jones movies, the Marvel movies, some musicals, 1970s cop shows ...

Luna : Sound of Music, It's a Wonderful Life, Little Women, Little House on the Prairie, Monty Python stuff, Top Gun, Red Dawn. Also enjoys the 1980s G.I. Joe cartoon and 1970s cop shows like Starsky and Hutch, Rockford Files and the like ...

Big Louie : Scarface, and pretty much any gangster sort of movies.

Jackie Blue: Saturday Night Fever, Bad News Bears, Cheech and Chong movies, D.C. Cab, Transformers - yes the 1986 one!, Purple Rain, Top Gun, Breakfast Club, Shaft, 1970s cop shows ...

Nina : Indiana Jones movies

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • Options
      ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
      Well, Ryan's favourite films would probably be (in no particular order):
      Battle of the River Plate
      Tora! Tora! Tora!
      Hunt for Red October
      Battle of Britain
      Star Wars films (prepares for cries of HERESY!)

Incidentally, I actually find the war films made by the Rank Organisation to be a mark better than a lot of modern war films, just because a lot of them seem to be unusually (given the proximity in time they were produced compared to the Second World War) balanced. In Battle of the River Plate, the German Captain of the Graf Spee is portrayed as an honourable naval man, rather than the habit of a lot of these films today to portray all German soldiers as evil. Same with Tora! Tora! Tora! Much more faithful to the actual events of Pearl Harbour than Michael Bay's tragedy travesty.
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      ryan218 wrote: »
      Tora! Tora! Tora!
      Hunt for Red October
      Battle of Britain

Incidentally, I actually find the war films made by the Rank Organisation to be a mark better than a lot of modern war films, just because a lot of them seem to be unusually (given the proximity in time they were produced compared to the Second World War) balanced. In Battle of the River Plate, the German Captain of the Graf Spee is portrayed as an honourable naval man, rather than the habit of a lot of these films today to portray all German soldiers as evil. Same with Tora! Tora! Tora! Much more faithful to the actual events of Pearl Harbour than Michael Bay's tragedy travesty.

I'd recommend the recent Dunkirk by Christopher Nolan, it has you on the edge of the seat and is historically accurate
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
        ryan218 wrote: »
        Tora! Tora! Tora!
        Hunt for Red October
        Battle of Britain

I'd recommend the recent Dunkirk by Christopher Nolan, it has you on the edge of the seat and is historically accurate

I saw it in the cinema, absolutely phenomenal.
      • Options
        hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
        Captain Seifer would watch Star Trek: First Contact, just to figure out how to deal with the Borg.
      • Options
        antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
        An'riel would watch old swashbucklers. Good and evil are easily laid out and she enjoys a dramatic fight (if staged a bit over the top). Sometimes comedic mysteries, she appreciates witty dialog and saves the best for later use. (She has a hard-copy set of the Thin Man movies to be autographed if she ever ends up on 1930s Earth, because even Romulans end up in Earth's past)

Publicly, D'ellian loves big historical epics, thousands of people running into each other with a small, plucky band determining the fate that we focus on? Very, very, Klingon.

Privately it's too much like her actual life so she likes talky dramas when in secure locations. The more factions stirring the pot, the better.

Antonine unapologetically enjoys sappy romance movies, especially with friends.
        Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!