test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Out of control broken heals.

tutbbsexcalbbstutbbsexcalbbs Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Co-Opt heal is utterly broken. Why did you INCREASE it? Wasn't it bad enough from my last few tickets I submitted proving people were exploiting them to heal for over a BILLION using them on the Core in Core Assault taking it from near death to 100%? What on earth would make you think that this was remotely a good idea?

=====Patch Notes=====
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10939673-pc-patch-notes-for-6/28/18
Co-opt Energy Weapons:
Duration increased from 5 seconds to 15 seconds.
Radius increased from 3km to 5km
Healing percentage increased from 10% to 25%
=====Patch Notes=====

The [Console - Tactical - Energetic Protomatter Matrix Infuser Mk XII] and [Console - Tactical - Kinetic Protomatter Matrix Infuser Mk XII] are healing for more than engineering team III can at 15 sec intervals. In other words most tactical ships no longer need any heals on the ships. This is healing so well most run with no heals at all.

Please PLEASE actually read my proof in the tickets I have submitted. View the videos and read the log files. PLEASE don't make me start posting video proof online where I am unable to block user's names and fleet names of those using the broken abilities. I realize it's difficult to track all ticket's so here are a few to help you.

180624-000933
180621-000970
180519-000997
180411-000781

(flame/troll comment removed) - darkbladejk
Sincerely,
tutbbsexcalbbs
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Shoot...I don't even do math that good. This can't be a combo they intended. Could it?

Also, wouldn't this negate the issue mentioned in the other thread I was reading the other day...the one about Quantum Warheads and Neutronic Torps?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    The only thing I can prove is what I see in the numbers. The numbers show absurdly high heals. At first I thought these were nothing more than simple errors like the turrets that hit for 30+ million. But when I saw the core go from 6% to 100% in 1 click and checked the parse to see a sci player healed the core for over 10 Million..... It has happened since the patch too so...

I can't and won't explain how and why these are broken. That was done in the messages in the tickets and videos as proof. As far as the healing for the Tactical consoles and if torpedoes heal for high numbers. Since the game does not break down the difference between the damage heal types I can't say for sure.

The difference between the co-opt and the consoles ARE able to be seen and that is how it can be proven even though you can easily SEE with your own eyes it occur if you know what to look for.

Sorry I can't say more about it however it is very well detailed in the tickets.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Oh...the guys in that thread was talking about getting one shot killed because of those weapons. It seems if these consoles can heal that much...it would negate the other...or maybe not. I guess it would depend on how fast those torps and warhead move and how fast you could click.

Let me see if I can find that other thread....
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13389699

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This is about HEALS not damage output as listed above. Here is an example. heal_1.jpg
    heal1.jpg

Heal3.jpg
    This is just silly!
    Post edited by tutbbsexcalbbs on
  • Options
    edited July 2018

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    OP when you submitted the tickets in game or through the ARC website? Reason I ask is if you submitted them ingame, you can be sure they wont be seen as that has been busted for years.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    OP when you submitted the tickets in game or through the ARC website? Reason I ask is if you submitted them ingame, you can be sure they wont be seen as that has been busted for years.
    I have in all honesty tried both ways but not with each instance. 1 way per ticket as I don't want to double up on the Dev's work or those looking at the posts.

(response to flame/troll comment removed)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    As long as the heals are based on damage any "fix" will only hurt people who DONT do insane dps. Simple fix, make the heal static.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »
    As long as the heals are based on damage any "fix" will only hurt people who DONT do insane dps. Simple fix, make the heal static.
    Agreed. Even if the heal is as big as Miracle Worker that is still acceptable over the insane numbers seen. Just did a Core Assault a few minutes ago and here are the results from that. :disappointed:
    unknown.png
    Not really a question but to prove a point "Can you guess who the Sci was in that room of 10 people?".
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    That's enough of the arguing. This is a forum to report potential bugs and issues and is not here to debate the merits of pvp. Stick to the potential bug at hand or I will lock this post. In the interest of bug bashing I'm leaving this post open for now. If you guys have further information feel free to post it. This is the only general warning I am going to give.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator