test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TNG Anniversary Giveaway

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
My friend says the Type 7 shuttle giveaway will most likely only be 1 day.. Like the other Worf giveaway thingy.

My computer's GPU and RAM died in a thunderstorm while I was at work...

And Norway is so backwards you can't buy computer parts in a store.. You have to order it from the internet and it takes time...

Does this mean I'll miss the giveaway? Right now I only got my chromebook. :(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    If you can get the launcher and game installed on any other PC then all you'll need to do is log in to claim the items. So even a low end pile of junk should do as long as it can load it up to allow access to the c-store at most.

Last time my PC died i installed on an old laptop with minimal graphics just to claim items.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    If you can get the launcher and game installed on any other PC then all you'll need to do is log in to claim the items. So even a low end pile of junk should do as long as it can load it up to allow access to the c-store at most.

Last time my PC died i installed on an old laptop with minimal graphics just to claim items.

Are these character or account??

• Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Are these character or account??

It is usually an account unlock that appears in the "Promotions" tab on the c-store, so any faction who can use the item can claim it. I'd imagine that the shuttle will be account unlock too, so usable on any Fed toon.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,803 Arc User
    Yeah no way to be sure, but it will probably and hopefully be account bound. That's was at least the case with most of the recent promotions (Enterprise NX after Discovery was announced, the promo boffs, Neal Falconer cards etc.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    There's a giveaway? When's this happening?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    These will probably be account. The Worf stuff for the 25th Anniversary was per character, but they hadn't really started with account-wide giveaways at that point. Most giveaways since the late-Summer giveaway in 2013 have been account-wide C-Store claims. Worf items were also actually available for 5 days when they ran that, but most giveaways since have been a single day, or sometimes a weekend.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Ask a friend to claim them on your account perhaps.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Gonna fire up my Dell laptop and install the game on that. 5 FPS will be enough for the c-store.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Gonna fire up my Dell laptop and install the game on that. 5 FPS will be enough for the c-store.

Yup, unless you have a friend you can trust w/ your account info, best to just turn the graphics down to minimum and just take your time.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    There's a giveaway? When's this happening?
    I haven't seen anything yet, but the anniversary date won't be until Sept 28, so I suppose we'll see.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Is this game even that taxing? I run it on an 7 year old computer.

But the real trick is it now only supports Windows 7
  • Options
    banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    discojer wrote: »

No, it's not taxing. Not even on max settings. I run this on a PC I built in 2007. That's ten years. And it works fine in Windows 10.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    banshir wrote: »

No, it's not taxing. Not even on max settings. I run this on a PC I built in 2007. That's ten years. And it works fine in Windows 10.

I have a 6yr old (?) HP with a Geforce 550ti, I can run STO on max, but the frame-rate can get bad in certain places so I normally run around 75%-80% graphics. And upgraded Windows 7 to Win10 when they offered the free upgrade.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,989 Arc User

The problem I found on my own 7+ year old computer (a laptop) was the video card having to support DX10 (DirectX 11).

• Options
    So I rushed ingame only to find there's no giveaway and no Galaxy Interior. That's for the 28th?

Oh well. Poor Dell laptop got a run for it's money.
  • Options
    So I rushed ingame only to find there's no giveaway and no Galaxy Interior. That's for the 28th?

Generally things don't go live until around 09:00 PST or normally 18:00 GMT for me. So give it time, something may happen yet.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    If it's free, how good can it be?! :) Ergo, chances are you won't miss it much either.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Until cryptic announces the details (which they haven't), don't presume them. There was no indication that today was going to be the day of the giveaway and there hasn't yet been (as far as I know) any sign that the giveaway will only be for one day (the worf thing isn't a good precedent, it happened quite some time ago.)

Possible? Sure, so keep that laptop on hand just in case but for now just sit tight and wait for the official news.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    If it's for the TNG anniversary, that won't happen for a couple of weeks yet - TNG premiered on September 28, 1987.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    If it's for the TNG anniversary, that won't happen for a couple of weeks yet - TNG premiered on September 28, 1987.

I was told it was today.

Anyway it's all good as my new GPU and RAM arrived.
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Did I miss the 30th Anniversary giveaway?
    Has it happened yet? The shuttle and scant one I read about last month.

If anyone has an info it'd be much appreciated.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The actual 30th anniversary of TNG is on September 28th. If there is no giveaway by that time, then it is unlikely there will be a giveaway relate to TNG.
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    The actual 30th anniversary of TNG is on September 28th. If there is no giveaway by that time, then it is unlikely there will be a giveaway relate to TNG.

They only said there would be one, I was wondering if I'd missed it.
    Do you actually think they will fail to deliver?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The anniversary is the 28th. People somehow think it sohuld have happened yesterday because people made TRIBBLE up and blabbert it out on reddit or some wiki. It's not Cryptic's fault.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Yes wouldn't be the first time they failed to deliver something on time they did it with the LOR expansion and didn't deliver a whole faction like promised and any the add on since really. As you can tell been playing game a long time and have been let let for a very long time so my faith in theme is not very much.

Legacy of Romulus launched on time. First announcement said May 21, 2013, and that was the launch date. Your disappointment that it wasn't what you wanted is entirely on you, and not on Cryptic. Care to make anything else up?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The anniversary is the 28th. People somehow think it sohuld have happened yesterday because people made **** up and blabbert it out on reddit or some wiki. It's not Cryptic's fault.​​

In a way it is Cryptics fault why they did not release and actual date when they announced that slapped players in the face they waited till this happened to actually say something. On top of that there history proves more failures to do something then actual action to either A correct it and or B fix it so it works the first time overtime isn't hard to double check ones work.

Actually it is NOT their fault. You can commit to a date and if something comes up that hinders the update or release, lilke the bugs with Season 13.5 on console, they have to delay it. Besides if they roll stuff out on time, people complain, if they don't, people complain. There is no pleasing people, especially on the internet. I think we should have to wait for the week of the actual anniversary for the giveways. Rolling the FE out when they did wasd to tide us over til the giveway/october.

Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.