test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Phase Capacitor & Red Matter Capacitor + Battery Expertise broken!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Temporal Phase capacitor: +15 Aux power (+10 all powerfrom battery expertise) (+25Aux, +10Wep,Shi,Eng)
Red Matter Capacitor: +25 all power(+10 all power from battery expertise.) (+35 all power)

When using these skills my batter expertise skills says It should apply +10 on top of the normal amount. Neither of theses skills is having the bonus added. It is only taking the highest skill. If I proc Temporal phase capacitor it will give +15 to AUX and +10 to everything else. If I use red matter capacitor it will only give +25 to everything and not the +35 it should.

This glitch has completely nullified the ability of battery expertise to be useful.

Comments

• Options
    abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Hi there! Battery Expertise increases the duration of batteries and battery powers by 100%, it does not amplify their effects.

If there's somewhere in the game where Battery Expertise is showing that it grants +10 power level to all power-increasing effects, that is a mistake. If you wouldn't mind attaching a screenshot of (or just describing) where it says that, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    EPS Manifold Efficiency is probably what the problem is about.

The wiki says the descriptions don't quite match, the long description says all other power systems, while the short description says all power systems.
  • Options
    abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Ah, thanks @r5e4w3q2. I'll see if I can have someone clean up that description, but it appears to be working as intended. (This trait should have no effect on Red Matter Capacitor, since it does not target a specific subsystem's power level.)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Oh, sorry. Yea it's a combination of battery expertise and eps manifold efficiency. I'm so used to the skill being there I forgot it was two bonuses. 8)

So EP manifold should not effect red matter capacitor at all? Could you consider making it work that way. I figured it added +10 all on top of other +all bonuses since it's really useful for if you use obelisk warp core as this fits the bonus(+35 max) or just to get max amp bonus easier and proc into max energy when desired.

To clarify, when using EPS Manifold the description in your bar and in the power menu says +10 all for both Temporal Phase Capacitor and Red matter capacitor where it indicates the extra bonuses.

Edit: I just checked the trait as well and it even says it's enhancing red matter capacitor and temporal phase capacitor. Are you sure it's not supposed to stack the +all bonuses?
    Post edited by aftulus on
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Hi there! Battery Expertise increases the duration of batteries and battery powers by 100%, it does not amplify their effects.

If there's somewhere in the game where Battery Expertise is showing that it grants +10 power level to all power-increasing effects, that is a mistake. If you wouldn't mind attaching a screenshot of (or just describing) where it says that, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Question related to the RMC then...

IS there a way you could update the battery doff to *include* the RMC, since it is in effect, a big battery?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I have a Reman battery DOFF that already includes the RMC.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Do the doffs that reduce cooldown by 100% battery times work on any of these or similar devices/skills? I could use a reduced cooldown on RMC.