test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone want a devstream from the devs at Cryptic?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    NO! I don't care about devstreams.
    dragnridr wrote: »
    You don't know what I want.
    Then why did you mention such a very specific price in your orignal post? Why lead off in your original post with the giveaway idea? Instead of mentioning it after the livestream idea?
    But the most important thing is TRANSPARENCY from the devs. The players just want the devs to be honest about their game content and be able to talk with them.
    So now we're going to use a popular media buzzword in an effort to shore up our failed argument? Typing it in all caps really does forcefully bring something across. I'm not sure what, though.
    And next, we're going to imply the Dev Team is being deceitful somehow?
    Maybe it's because they aren't doing these devstreams and not giving you free stuff, you don't care about devstreams. There are more than enough people that wants the devstreams showing players upcoming content, plans for updates, communication with the players beyond forum posts and fictional (useless) blogs, and showing players they are more than just nerf happy devs sitting behind a desk laughing at those players who are leaving the game out of frustration.

And now we're going to imply a second time the Dev Team has motives and attitudes which are unhelpful towards this game and the playerbase. And their own paychecks as well. Smooth move there. I am sure the name calling will get them to leap instantly to do your bidding.

BTW, the reason I don't care about devstreams is they are a marketing tool. Like junk mail. Or Spam. Or telemarketing. They are not going to do anything other than lead to more misunderstandings between the Dev Team and the playerbase than there already are. Because people hear but they do not really listen.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    NO! Focus on getting the game fixed and work on upcoming conent.
    For what purpose? The developers can't really say too much about what they're working on anyway and historically, they don't seem to be able to cater to what the player base would really like to see in game. So...what would be the point of this?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    YES! Make a dev stream weekly telling us about the changes and upcoming content, answering questions, do giveaways, and much more.
    goodscotch wrote: »
    For what purpose? The developers can't really say too much about what they're working on anyway and historically, they don't seem to be able to cater to what the player base would really like to see in game. So...what would be the point of this?

to have fun alongside the players, play events with the community, and even do weird but fun events (ground PvP using no weapons or kits just your bare hands or claws)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    YES! Make a dev stream weekly telling us about the changes and upcoming content, answering questions, do giveaways, and much more.
    You don't know what I want.
    Then why did you mention such a very specific price in your orignal post? Why lead off in your original post with the giveaway idea? Instead of mentioning it after the livestream idea?
    But the most important thing is TRANSPARENCY from the devs. The players just want the devs to be honest about their game content and be able to talk with them.
    So now we're going to use a popular media buzzword in an effort to shore up our failed argument? Typing it in all caps really does forcefully bring something across. I'm not sure what, though.
    And next, we're going to imply the Dev Team is being deceitful somehow?
    Maybe it's because they aren't doing these devstreams and not giving you free stuff, you don't care about devstreams. There are more than enough people that wants the devstreams showing players upcoming content, plans for updates, communication with the players beyond forum posts and fictional (useless) blogs, and showing players they are more than just nerf happy devs sitting behind a desk laughing at those players who are leaving the game out of frustration.

And now we're going to imply a second time the Dev Team has motives and attitudes which are unhelpful towards this game and the playerbase. And their own paychecks as well. Smooth move there. I am sure the name calling will get them to leap instantly to do your bidding.

BTW, the reason I don't care about devstreams is they are a marketing tool. Like junk mail. Or Spam. Or telemarketing. They are not going to do anything other than lead to more misunderstandings between the Dev Team and the playerbase than there already are. Because people hear but they do not really listen.

If they are such a bad marketing tool like spam, why is it that other games have such a popular devstream? Look at DCUO with their strems....They talk about upcoming content, hang out with players in game, hold tournaments, do giveaways, and more. Warframe/DE holds WEEKLY devstreams that do the same thing. SWTOR/ Bioware probably do so as well, but I haven't played it in so long I no longer care about that game. Obviously they are doing something right if they are retaining players.

And if the Devs at Cryptic were transparent, they why won't they discuss and show off the new upcoming content with players through a live devstream? Are they that afraid of a backlash? If they are, then are they afraid listening to what the players want?