test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you find Leeta's voice ANNOYING?

storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
Just want find out if it's just me or this time around Chase Masterson voice is just darn annoying. No intended disrespect for the actor since that is the way she truly sounds but IMO just trying to get away from a real world and escape from an annoying cruel reality of a wife/partner yelling at your neck all the time.
tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif

Do you find Leeta's voice ANNOYING? 108 votes

Yes...she sounds like a nagging wife/girlfriend who's at your back ALL the time.
25% 28 votes
Annoying but tolerable. I'm a single guy and dont think wives would ever yelled like that.
8% 9 votes
Does not matter a bit to me. I don't feel annoyed.
38% 42 votes
Other. Express opinion.
26% 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    But damn she's still looking very good...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    She doesn't bother me. *shrug
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Nope, but having her say "THIS IS ADMIRAL LEETA...OF THE I.S.S. ENTERPRISE!" every few minutes is REALLY annoying... :/
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ROFL when I saw this one...monkey-32.gif​​
    Post edited by starcruiser#3423 on
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I'm not bothered, but I haven't played the battle-zone yet, where I'm told she announces herself every few seconds. That I would find annoying. Her voice itself? No.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I have a feeling something was wrong during recording, because at some points it sounds like she really shouted in the microphone and it's overdriving or something.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Yes... one of the reasons why my voiceover setting is on 0% since "the Tuvok days".
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Nope. I don't even play with the sounds on. Sure, I may die on occasion for not paying attention to my shields or hull going down, but STO's music and SFX were never that amazing to listen to in the first place.

I just queue up some Homeworld or Halo music and play.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Leeta is AWESOME!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    Be quiet, or she'll PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE!
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Weird, I find her voice rather... attractive.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    I don't know about Leeta's voice, but I noticed J'mpok has a new one.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    IF you put her voice in a cut scene that plays seemingly randomly while you do the Badlands zone, or when you're stuck next to a Dabo table for a long time. Yep.

Normally, no.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mulgannon2mulgannon2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think the biggest problem is that in the battlezone, she talks too much. For STFs I kind of wish I could skip the cinematics of the ships coming in. But I don't think her voice is annoying (I know many people and work with 2 whose voice would make you run to Admiral Leeta of the I.S.S. Enterprise) For the battlezone, they need to fix that portion, but its not the only issue. They need to try to find a better balance of how much she talks. Other than that, her voice does not bother me. More of 'how often' she says the same thing over and over again.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    mulgannon2 wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem is that in the battlezone, she talks too much.

Exactly. The voice itself is not that bad, but hearing the same lines over and over again is just annoying.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    I don't mind her voice. Although, introducing herself repetitively gets old. Perhaps if she had a varied number of things to say instead. But I am annoyed that a cutscene plays with every arrival, stopping all other action. :s
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It doesn't bother me. I like the crazy ones. What I would prefer is that a greater variety of lines be recorded, and that the programmers show a bit more restraint in deciding what cues will trigger them.
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    The voice does not annoy me but the number of times she breaks the flow of the battlezone does.
  • Options
    lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    no it's not anno..........."THIS IS ADMIRAL LEETA OF THE ISS ENTERPRISE" .......ying at all.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Actually I believe Captain Koren is different as well. May have been part of the purge of non-Union Actors from the game.

Who cares about Leeta's voice anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I don't play with the sounds on.

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Slightly annoying, but damn I do like looking at her.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I love her voice work for this season! It's the sheer scenery chewing megalomania we haven't seen since Ricardo Montalban's Khan.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Nope, it sounds like my wife's.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Leeta has a nice voice. I think she's a good actress too.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    She did a very good job. :)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    on the whole far less annoying thant forum poll abusers, but a bit annoying but she did good with the lines...
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    I've been of the opinion (and I've generally kept it to myself because I wasn't sure) that some/a lot of the complaining about the epohh lady and the female dance instructor was rooted in misogyny. One would think that the male dance instructor was reading Shakespeare considering how many comments are about how the female dance instructor is stupid, or that the Ferengi who goes on about how Q is the greatest in a really annoying voice were in fact a much beloved character, considering how little invective is sent his way compared to the Epohh lady. Cryptic even had to turn down the rate of comments from the Epohh Lady but never had any pressure to do that to the male ferengi!

But, yeah, I guess I just thought that 2 examples didn't make a theory, but the OP's post sheds some light on the complainers.

So, no, she's not annoying. She did a great job. It's true that her comments are coming too frequently and in the form of a cut scene (ugh), but that has nothing to do with her voice.

Some people, every time a woman talks they think of a way to tell her to shut up, grumble grumble....
  • Options
    chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Somewhat annoying but not half as bad as sela....damn we need a "Shut up Sela" button!!!!