test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Particular Race only Fleets?

So im wondering if there any fleets that are only one race. For example, Ferasan Shadow Force is only for Ferasans. Are there any fleets just for Remans?
Talaxians? Lib Borg? Joined Trills? Caitians?
Which are they? Note that im referencing special elite species, as other ordinary free species arent special enough to necessitate their own exclusive club :p

Im asking because my Reman needs something special.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well so much for the principles of Star Trek.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    as other ordinary free species arent special enough to necessitate their own exclusive club :p

Isn't House of Beautiful Orions an all Orion club?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »

I think that's more the Principles of the Federation.
    However... there is a Canon instance of a ship having an all Vulcan crew in Starfleet. I believe it was the T'Kumbra, under the command of Captain Solok. Challenged DS9 to a baseball game and... because of Vulcan strength... pretty much curbstomped them. But at least it wasn't a total shutout.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

However... there is a Canon instance of a ship having an all Vulcan crew in Starfleet. I believe it was the T'Kumbra, under the command of Captain Solok. Challenged DS9 to a baseball game and... because of Vulcan strength... pretty much curbstomped them. But at least it wasn't a total shutout.

Solok's despicable attitude is an example of why segregated crews should be completely against Starfleet policy. If someone like Solok can't handle being around other species without making a racist pig out of himself, then he doesn't have a place in Starfleet IMO. Here's a paper for you: Sisko got drunk and had a barfight once as a cadet. Solok had an attitude problem, every day of his life, as an "adult." Who's the "inferior being" now (and by that I mean the quality or lack thereof of someone's character).

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    Don't forget the Intrepid in the 'Immunity Syndrome' TOS. All Vulcan crew that did not fare so well against the Giant Space Amoeba.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    Then there are the other thousands upon thousands of pure vulkans or other species ships who have had no problems with anyone else. But there's no story there.
    This is star trek. They deal with the extremes of the extreme to make an episode.
    So taking one story and actually taking any deep meaning from it is very naive.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

Solok's despicable attitude is an example of why segregated crews should be completely against Starfleet policy. If someone like Solok can't handle being around other species without making a racist pig out of himself, then he doesn't have a place in Starfleet IMO. Here's a paper for you: Sisko got drunk and had a barfight once as a cadet. Solok had an attitude problem, every day of his life, as an "adult." Who's the "inferior being" now (and by that I mean the quality or lack thereof of someone's character).
    Don't forget the Intrepid in the 'Immunity Syndrome' TOS. All Vulcan crew that did not fare so well against the Giant Space Amoeba.

All hail humans, I pity the fools who call us weak.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

prehaps but remmember the starfleet alien who came from a planet that had almost no gravity (so there people could fly) if more of there race joined starfleet it would probably be easier for them to have a ship where the gravity is light. so while id agree that starfleet shouldn't have a 1 race crew id leave room for exceptions for species that are vastly different.

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    edited November 2015

prehaps but remmember the starfleet alien who came from a planet that had almost no gravity (so there people could fly) if more of there race joined starfleet it would probably be easier for them to have a ship where the gravity is light. so while id agree that starfleet shouldn't have a 1 race crew id leave room for exceptions for species that are vastly different.

Maybe, but if you look at either Diane Duane's TOS books, or the USS Titan series, you can see how integration even of vastly different species can be accomplished. Both of those showed how some very extreme things could be accommodated. I suspect very little is beyond accommodation in the 24th/25th century. Even if not ALL species could be on EVERY ship, IMO everyone should have to deal with others who are not like them as a prerequisite to being a Starfleet officer, even if that means "multiple species with a similarly high gravity requirement." Or in some cases where it's possible and the accommodations are available, perhaps humans might be the ones requiring special assistance to participate in a given environment. However, insularity breeds contempt as well as reducing adaptability. One thing you learn in management is that diversity isn't just outward or legally protected stuff. It's also different life experiences, different ways of thinking, different learning styles, etc. As long as discipline is carried out consistently for everyone, without playing favorites, and so that the crew is not at each other's throats but sees itself as a team, a diverse crew is more likely to innovate and solve problems better than a homogeneous crew. Vulcans (and members of all other species) who cannot tolerate this should not be in Starfleet, but in either a civilian position or the *planetary* guards of their worlds. And *attitude problems,* like a Vuocan with a smug attitude toward other species should be explicitly disciplined when encountered, not encouraged.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Oh you mean like the T'kumbra, The Intrepid or the Hera?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

Which could still be considered a bad idea considering what Vulcans can do if you mess with their suppressed emotions, their telepathy or their logic.

Use a anti-telepathy device against a crew of Vulcans and they're screwed. Use a anti-telepathy device against a crew made of various species and while the Vulcans and Betazoids may be down, the rest can dispatch the device while merely feeling mild headaches.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    as other ordinary free species arent special enough to necessitate their own exclusive club :p

They have at least two Ferasan members, so no. They may have started out that way, but they're not anymore.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Which could still be considered a bad idea considering what Vulcans can do if you mess with their suppressed emotions, their telepathy or their logic.

Use a anti-telepathy device against a crew of Vulcans and they're screwed. Use a anti-telepathy device against a crew made of various species and while the Vulcans and Betazoids may be down, the rest can dispatch the device while merely feeling mild headaches.

This is why I so much prefer the Trek presentation of telepathy, it's as much a liability as an advantage.

I play Vulcans and other telepathic species and I make sure to RP them accordingly, they have to take extra precautions sometimes for all their "enhanced" abilities.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I had a feeling this would turn into a racial segregation thread. I was just curious if there was a Reman fleet for my Reman, like Obiseks group of power to the people Remans.

Then maybe a talaxian fleet if i roll one someday. Like the Talaxian refugees on Neelix's asteroid. Or a lib borg, like the cooperative.....
  • Options

There is no CANON evidence to say that the Hera had a predominantly Vulcan crew. Besides... her captain was human.

I have to agree with this. Solok was a jerk. Even though Sisko and his team lost, I think the fact they did score one, even with a diverse team that had pretty much 0 experience, was a pretty good slap to the face for Solok.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Which again goes back to my diversity argument: it's not just about high notions of tolerance, but also a very practical thing, to ensure a variety of strengths are on hand and that we (both generally IRL, and in the fictional setting) are not all compromised by the same weaknesses. It's about somebody being there to support us when we fall because not everybody will have been struck down by that same thing, and someone else may have the strength or the knowledge that we don't, to help us get back up.
    Post edited by gulberat on

• Options
    There's another example from Enterprise... from the dreaded Season 3. An element that was used to protect ships from the distortions in the Delphic Expanse, Trellium-D, was actually toxic to Vulcans. And... a Vulcan ship was lost there after they used it on their ship and Enterprise found her dead in space.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Caitian Star Pride is an all-Caitian fleet.
    No. In fact, my Romulan is in that fleet.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    No I don't mean like those ships. A few ships created to advance a story line are the exceptions not the overarching principles.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    The point of diversity for other reasons as advanced by gulberat is telling. Though not for reasons being discussed here, the US Navy in WW II implemented a policy of splitting up families onto different ships after the catastrophic loss of the five Sullivan brothers on the USS Juneau. It was the greatest loss of life for one family in action for the US during WW II.

Take that to level of species in the UFP. The Vulcans aboard the USS Intrepid could not cope because it wasn't in their nature. Starfleet would want to prevent that type of catastrophe.

Remember IDIC.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    If i had more time on my hands, lets say single and no job i would start my own all Reman fleet.

But then i could just put a group together to found one and let one of the other founders run the show. Are there enough Remans to support a all Reman fleet?

Edit: didnt mean to offend anyone, i just understand it takes a lot of time to properly manage a fleet, tons of managerial stuff.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Back on topic....
    we don't have an all Reman fleet but, look up the Imperial Romulan Fleet, we've been around since beta, go here - http://www.romulanstarempire.com/ (would have linked the location in the forums itself...once again I am lost...)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    i kinda want to have the 1st HORTA captain in starfleet damnit..................some1 pisses me off and i can acidburn (hehe i just made a joke here) him down to nothing more than a burned pile of bones​​
  • Options
    Something occured to me though, arent fleets either fed or kdf, and any rom/rem has to join their ally's fleet since their only half a faction?

So if my Kdf Rem wanted an all Reman fleet, then Fed Rems couldnt join. Same with Roms. So a fleet of only kdf Rems would be a very small niche. If that is true. That theory would be in place for talaxians and lib borg due to the factional separation.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Something occured to me though, arent fleets either fed or kdf, and any rom/rem has to join their ally's fleet since their only half a faction?

So if my Kdf Rem wanted an all Reman fleet, then Fed Rems couldnt join. Same with Roms. So a fleet of only kdf Rems would be a very small niche. If that is true. That theory would be in place for talaxians and lib borg due to the factional separation.

That's why lots of "Romulan/Reman fleets" have two branches: KDF and Fed for members that are allied with one and/or the other.​​
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I love how this went from. ( What's a good Fleet ) to (The ethics of ST/SF) LOL.

As far as I interpret ST. its about how humans have over come all its own negative stereotype to be a peace loving, knowledge seeking self bettering species and the aliens represent the old negative whys humans use to be. witch is way you may come across single specie crews. and money loving/greedy species. but there are ships with only humans on them. just not federation Starfleet ships I think.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    I love how this went from. ( What's a good Fleet ) to (The ethics of ST/SF) LOL.

As far as I interpret ST. its about how humans have over come all its own negative stereotype to be a peace loving, knowledge seeking self bettering species and the aliens represent the old negative whys humans use to be. witch is way you may come across single specie crews. and money loving/greedy species. but there are ships with only humans on them. just not federation Starfleet ships I think.

So true, poor guy was just looking for a reman fleet :wink:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg