test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What season was the best in your opinion?

apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
21ajpqt.png

What season was the best in your opinion? 134 votes

Season 1: Common Ground (PVP, Fleet Actions)
0%
thay8472 1 vote
Season 2: Ancient Enemies (Lvl 40-50, T5 ships, Klingon Content)
3%
bobtheyakorondisdalnar83iyx#3242trekpuppy 5 votes
Season 3: Genesis (Foundry, Sector Space Revamp)
0%
justjoe12345123 1 vote
Season 4: Crossfire (Ground combat revamp)
0%
khamseenair 1 vote
Season 5: Call To Arms (Defera, Duty Officer, STF overhaul)
6%
alexraptorrilhansknandospcryugasiriushistorynerd1voyagerwaskingcatoblepasbetayris1ancientfighter 9 votes
Season 6: Under Siege (Fleet Advancement System, Nukara Zone)
5%
smeeinn1treyan01kayajaykyle223catkamiyama317sdkraustaurigas7 7 votes
Season 7: New Romulus (New Romulus Expansion)
62%
nightkenlan451comrademocoikonn#1068coldnapalmwarpettimv94captainransomshpoksstuart1965divvydaveoldravenman3025protogothgulberatsixofusvivenneanthonytyriniusssstuntpilothyplvelqua 84 votes
Season 8: The Sphere (Dyson Sphere, Voth,New Adventure zones)
5%
duncanidaho11mustrumridcully0viko2145butstonfreemtigercatgirlthenoname711markdbwyatt#6729 8 votes
Season 9: A New Accord (Borg Revamp, Traits, Kits, Crafting)
4%
psychoplattrahmkota19rogue6800markhawkmansalazarrazeraigge 6 votes
Season 10: Iconian War (Delta Rising Expansion and Iconians)
8%
ivannnmidniteshadow7jarvisandalfredkitsunesnoutrajathomasdevilkiller98xyquarzeasraschaalandykirkhamsirerblingtonazurealli4ncesoarin4 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    For me, Season 7 with the Romulans expansion was by far the best. I always loved the Romulans and the New Romulan Adventure zone was very peaceful to progress in and the music (one of the best I have heard).

It also show a progression in the game when it came to it mechanics, even if they are not still yet 100%, it was still fresh for the eye for us who have support this game since it's (horrible) launch.

Though the Sphere in Season 8 kicked TRIBBLE too, it really felt like a large conflict with the Voth.. to bad the Iconians didn't get so much love like the Voth.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Season 5: Call To Arms (Defera, Duty Officer, STF overhaul)
    Definitely Season 5, the revamped STF's were perfection, before they got dumbed down and ruined with the Reputation System.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Season 8: The Sphere (Dyson Sphere, Voth,New Adventure zones)
    Well, to be fair expansions don't count as seasons and especially not as part of other seasons. 7 brought about New Romulus and a few PVE's but that shouldn't be added to the list of features from Expansion 1 (because that's really not a fair comparison with everything else.)

Ditto Season 10 and Delta Rising. They were separate releases, not part of the same window.

So, as far as Seasons go I really have to hand it to 8. It brought about some really great, lasting content (ex. Dyson Ground Battlezone) with fantastic new visuals and some of the most interesting equipment we've seen for STO (ie. the Dyson reputation rifle.) Everything was top notch, inventive, and probably had the greatest influence in solidifying STO for me as a game I could really dig into.

It was a little short on story but it had a great setting.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Well, to be fair expansions don't count as seasons and especially not as part of other seasons. 7 brought about New Romulus and a few PVE's but that shouldn't be added to the list of features from Expansion 1 (because that's really not a fair comparison with everything else.)

Aye true, tried to squeeze everything in gently, but you are right that it dosen't fit inside the window of seasons.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I would go with season 7, because of Romulans and very good storyline! Certainly much better than Delta Rising.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    new romulus. the best season
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    I voted 6, but I took a break b4 NR which gets my vote as second placed. More recent seasons/half seasons/updates have had their plusses[sic] and minuses, But overall I think 6 was the last time that I felt as though there where more plusses[sic] than minuses. IMHO​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    delta rising is the best expansion ever and the palyers love it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    The New Romulus Season was great and the following season introduced the best designed warzone/rep system.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Although I realy love the Romulan starting missions, with that season the KDF also got new starting missions. At that time I did not pay much attention ro those, busy as I was with my new Romulan characters. At this moment I have to say those starting missions for the KDF is one of the greatest stories we have in the game.

Now the Romulan story is still great too. And I dare to say to those nay sayers of the Romulan Republic and their T. Khev hate. What about a couple missions with aunt Sela?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I don't think I'll vote in this one, as I came in shortly before F2P so... I would be biased towards the ones I've actually been through.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    No surprise, Legacy of Romulus. The high point of STO's life cycle.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Season 4: Crossfire (Ground combat revamp)
    I've gone with season 4. Not necessarily the 'best' but by far one of the most important in my opinion. People still to this day complain about ground combat, but I love ground combat ever since season 4. Before that, it was an actual nightmare when you got the "beam down" pop up. Back then, I used to abandon star cluster missions if they turned out to be planet based because it really was terrible. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    I'm saying 7: BUT i only think it was really the best if you were playing a Romulan. For other factions I'd say 8 was better; it just wasn't as good as 7 was for Rommies.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Season 2.

Season 7 was the beginning of the huge TRIBBLE up. Yes, the content itself was amazing, but it was also where any semblance of balance was chucked out of the window. Powers and abilities started to be even more overpowered. Rom singularity powers, The Valdore console. A full free bridge crew with SRO. Battlecloaking for all Romulan ships.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Not even a contest: LoR.

Hilarious how Delta Rising isn't even on the poll. I think we all know why. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

Legacy of Romulus is not S7; that brought the New Romulus adventure zone and the first two reputations.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hands down, it was season 7. The Romulan faction and Nimbus 3 kept me replaying it for months, on multiple characters. I hadn't enjoyed content to that extent since the original Breen featured episodes.
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User

Legacy of Romulus is not S7; that brought the New Romulus adventure zone and the first two reputations.

Pretty sure it has to be considered season 7 since that expansion took place before season 8.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User

Yes, it is; look at Season 10 option. Granted, though, DR is Season 9 material.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I sense a slight trend in player opinion
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    I liked the game before F2P model the most.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Delta Rising. I loved the missions.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Yes, it is; look at Season 10 option. Granted, though, DR is Season 9 material.

I'll Edit that :).

I liked Delta Rising, the missions was very well made. It was a real refreshement to have 10(?) missions to play through with voice actors from the show.
    I think people are most annoyed with the mechanics and grinding, but the missions were good.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Season 9: A New Accord (Borg Revamp, Traits, Kits, Crafting)
    Here is an unpopular opinion: season 9. The crafting revamp, as well as the final alt-friendly tweaks to reputation, along with the amazing Undine Ground PvE and the general quality of the stories, I'd say STO had a very high point during this season as a whole.​​
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I like most of them, but if I had to pick one I would pick Under Siege. I spend a lot of time TRIBBLE around on Nukara. Trying to survive without an EV suit equipped and watching other players be all like "WTF is that guy doing???" is the most fun I've had in STO, believe it or not.

Also hanging on the edge of the railing in the safe zone, and summoning a strike team or shard of possiblities and watching them fall off without EV suits. If I time it when another player is below they get to watch everyone burn in flames. Also really funny.

Or harass female players by targeting them and using the shard so my clones start dancing next to her. Sometimes they run outside and my clones burn up. Also funny.

I have no life. Only the Tholians love me for who I am.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    There should be a single option for "Every season that isn't Delta Rising: The Players Love It!". When you've skewed that far into bad everything else becomes best due to rounding.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Here is an unpopular opinion: season 9. The crafting revamp, as well as the final alt-friendly tweaks to reputation, along with the amazing Undine Ground PvE and the general quality of the stories, I'd say STO had a very high point during this season as a whole.​​

You like the crafting revamp? After experiencing the new crafting system, I can wholeheartedly say that I liked the old crafting system better. The new one is far too complicated. Like making a TR-116B. Look at all the parts you need. It's easier to just cough up the millions of EC and buy one from the exchange.

They should have built on top of the old system, not remade a whole new one from the ground up.