test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everything I can think of that's wrong with star trek.

2»

Comments

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    varoid wrote: »
    And the kazon wouldn't of had to be very accurate if their former masters had armed it better,
    Slavers don't like giving slaves access to weapons... Barest tools to get the job done is luxury to a slave...

• Options
    proteusrexproteusrex Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I understand wanting to defend Earth, or any Federation world for the matter, but arming the planet to the teeth would probably be seen by the Federation Council as a violation of what the Federation stands for. Regardless of how many times it gets attacked.

I would think such an arms build up would lead to some serious internal political strife. Other members would probably see it as a preferential treatment and want to be defended the same way (either with weapons platforms or fleet support).

Sure Earth is the 'capitol city' of the Federation, but I think there are many places with more resource value, strategic importance, or cultural significance. What makes Andoria, Vulcan or Tellar any less important than Earth?

I don't think Earth gets attacked as often as you think. I think we're just 'biased' because we see more stuff happen on Earth because us viewers can relate better. Sure the Borg came by a few times, but how often did it get attacked during the Dominion war compared to DS9 or other places on the front lines? Plus there have been cases of prominent worlds being attacked, for example, Betazed was occupied during the Dominion War.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    varoid wrote: »
    lol, so this delver species exists in one of the few places in the galaxy that there are super rocks? I mean, if you look through space, the planets are normally just rocks and stuff, not "Super powerful nearly invincible rocks", lol.
    Yes, of course.
    Another thing, I wasn't talking about having the 21st century people attack the sphere after it went back in time, I'm talking about having the 24th century people on 24th century Earth fire torpedoes from the ground to blow up the borg before they can get to the 21st century. I mean which is more powerful, starships, or an entire planet?
    Unknown...

I am not sure if they want to store a large mass of anti-matter on a habitable planet. This might be a risk most civilizations want to avoid, rather relying on safer energy sources like solar, fusion, wind and so on.

That would mean photon torpedoes are out, and your supply of energy for powering weapons might be limited as well.
    And I think the Borg Sphere was not already in Earth orbit when it made the time jump.
    And when it was in orbit, it was quickly destroyed by the Enterprise - but still they had enough time to transfer a few borgs over to start assimilating the ship. A Borg Assault on a planet might bring the same problem normally.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.