test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R.I.P - Christopher Lee dies at 93

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
Just got the news via reddit :(

Christopher Lee dies at 93 - latest reactions and tributes (The Telegraph)

Another legend moves on.
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just been announced he has passed away @93..

original count Dracula..
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh thats so sad to hear, he had a very illustrious career within the film industry and lived a very long life, may he rest eternally in peace....
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Such bad news :(. More film credits than any other actor ever, over 250.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just got the news via reddit :(

Christopher Lee dies at 93 - latest reactions and tributes (The Telegraph)

Another legend moves on.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That is sad. I was just thinking about his work recently. But indeed, at least he had a long, full life. My condolences to friends and family, though...a loss is still hard no matter what or when.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know what to say...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow, and I looked his wiki article up a few days ago to see if he was still alive and what he was up to.

Awkward.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Wow, and I looked his wiki article up a few days ago to see if he was still alive and what he was up to.

Awkward.

peter crushing as grand moff tarkin..

lee as count dooku..

both hammer house horror brit movies from the 50's/60's/70's

numpty..
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well i knew he was not far from it, had a feeling for a while, but still his acting career lasted a very long time to his death, sorry to read of his death. another actor from the previous generation is gone, that leaves the likes of ian mckellan and david mccallum and a few others as a few of the remaining actors at their ages still carrying on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    well i knew he was not far from it, had a feeling for a while, but still his acting career lasted a very long time to his death, sorry to read of his death. another actor from the previous generation is gone, that leaves the likes of ian mckellan and david mccallum and a few others as a few of the remaining actors at their ages still carrying on.

It seems he was still signing up for roles up to a month before this. It really amazes me how active he stayed for nearly all of his life. I'd certainly like to hope I am still doing things when I am that advanced in years.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I prefer to think that he didn't die so much as he got tired of the Grim Reaper's incompitance and decided to take over the position himself.

From Dracula to Dooku, from Summersisle to Saruman, thank you Sir Christopher Lee for all your contributions. You will be missed. :(

I couldn't have said it better myself, no matter the role the moment you heard his voice you knew it was him.

I'm going to dig my copy of The Man with the Golden Gun out.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    It seems he was still signing up for roles up to a month before this. It really amazes me how active he stayed for nearly all of his life. I'd certainly like to hope I am still doing things when I am that advanced in years.

chris had a lot of people making sure he remained in shape and in the best possible care in the later part of his life, it amazes me he kept going no matter, thats dedication to this career and died for something he really enjoyed, not a lot more a person can ask for in their lives. still i hoped he died with family around him. he deserves every happy moment he could ask for everything hes done for everyone else.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Aw man. :( Bad year for sci-fi and fantasy.

Well, at least he got to play a role in The Lord of the Rings before he died. Leaving aside that he did a great job as Saruman, the man was an enormous fan of the books and the only member of the cast who had actually met the author in person. He doubled as a story consultant.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i wish people would stick to one thread about the same things already mentioned.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Actually, judging by posting time, this one was first. Perhaps one of the mods can merge the threads. I'll send a request, so that way no one feels like we need to quibble about it anymore.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    That could not have been an easy memory.

Indeed, we should be grateful for his service to his nation and the world, in a truly significant way that only a rare breed of celebrities can claim these days.

If you know a WWII veteran in your life, or someone who was around in that time, *treasure them,* and learn their stories so they may never be forgotten. Don't wait...do it today.

• Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    edit nm 10 chars
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another great sith becomes one with the force:(.
    R.I.P. Christopher Lee.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    condolences and prayers R.I.P - Christopher Lee
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That said, that is a totally understandable reaction to a nearly unimaginable horror. Each person must come to grips with something like that in their own way.

Perhaps what Mr. Lee did in later life *was* his way of working through it.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    frag pal..

dooku_zpsyx8lyvrs.png

sith will rule the universe.. :eek:
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I beg your pardon?

Edit: Hmm... seriously, now that I've noticed the other threads, I see where this is coming from.

Damn.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I beg your pardon?

Edit: Hmm... seriously, now that I've noticed the other threads, I see where this is coming from.

Damn.

*Makes the sign of the Holy Aquila*

The Emperor Protects.

torgaddon101, for your HERESY, report to the nearest office of the Ordo Hereticus for BLAMming.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Is that the best you can do?

Other than that... Dooku wins.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Such bad news :(. More film credits than any other actor ever, over 250.

Reports are saying it is believed that he was in more filmed sword fights than any other actor. I suspect that also includes lightsaber fights.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Reports are saying it is believed that he was in more filmed sword fights than any other actor. I suspect that also includes lightsaber fights.

are quarterstaffs included in this? He really had the moves on him in Battle of the 5 Armies