Options

STO Crash

2»

Comments

• Options
    ravermatthewravermatthew Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Interesting... Been reading all this and wondering if maybe there's commonality between the manufacturer of the particular nVidia cards having troubles.

I'm running an ASUS made GeForce GTX 750Ti and not having any problems at all getting into the game.

At what point are you getting this error?

If it's a black screen instead of the character select screen, I've had that issue with my old GPU.

Run safe mode from the launcher. At the character select screen, open the options before loading a character, change the Direct 3D setting to 9 instead of 11 and restart the game. That should clear it up.

Hey man just a heads up this worked for me so thanks very much for the advice really helped :)
  • Options
    atarukun25atarukun25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having issues with StO, used to play it with no problem unitl season 10 and now it is all messed up anyone have any solutions to this.
  • Options
    felixvonostfelixvonost Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm it profesionall... playing only this game and got NEW laptop just for this game.
    It crashes..
    I found the code for corecting dx11 error on microsoft support site,devs didn't i guess... but hey i do not code this application.
    Worked fine on my win 8.1 before season 10.
    I tried everything (even some things not in this thread), reinstaling drivers, reinstalling game, reinstalling windows... it works only if i remove all drivers and use microsoft basic adapter, and people it is one ugly graphics on a new laptop.
    I'm angry.

It's just bad code. I'll find me a new game. Cryptic loses, loses big time.
  • Options
    felixvonostfelixvonost Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    in compatibility mode with winxp it works,even worse.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys, this is not an error because of the type or make of your GPU ( Nvdia based or AMD based ).. STO is producing errors with every DX11 capable card because they are exactly that : directx 11 based

from what I can tell the game is calling on dll's which are simply not there ( or aren't in the place STO expects them to be ) . So you're going to have issues regardless of brand of your graphics-card if it's directx 11 based .

careful examination of the various threads shows it's just as many AMD- users as Nvidia users who are experiencing the CTD's ( or even worse : can't even get passed the login screen )
  • Options
    janack42janack42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, found a work around for now. I've downgrade by switching to SAFE MODE and then adjusting my video card to Direct3d 9ex. So far after two days of playing and adjusting the overall graphic settings from low to ultra no issues.

The tab to adjust your video card is under options inside of the game, either at the character select screen or inside the game itself with your character. Bring up the options tab (usually the escape key), select options. Click on the overhead tab labeled Display. The first line should read: "Video card (restart required). Change that drop down box to Direct3d 9 or Direct3d 9ex from auto. Restart the client and the game should run fine now outside of safe mode.

Hope this helps and fly safe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    janack42 wrote: »
    Okay, found a work around for now. I've downgrade by switching to SAFE MODE and then adjusting my video card to Direct3d 9ex. So far after two days of playing and adjusting the overall graphic settings from low to ultra no issues.

The tab to adjust your video card is under options inside of the game, either at the character select screen or inside the game itself with your character. Bring up the options tab (usually the escape key), select options. Click on the overhead tab labeled Display. The first line should read: "Video card (restart required). Change that drop down box to Direct3d 9 or Direct3d 9ex from auto. Restart the client and the game should run fine now outside of safe mode.

Pretty much what I suggested on page 3. ;)
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    janack42 wrote: »

Actually it doesn't. I fix alll the the settings and they last 1 or 2 logins before crashing again . Havent gone a day in two weeks without a crash.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Still crashing after patch.

Have saved to DX 9 but still crashes EVERY time.
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still crashing after patch.

Have saved to DX 9 but still crashes EVERY time.

Indeed still the same bad fps at Romulan Command that has been introduced with S10.
  • Options
    botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ever since Season 10 the game crashes when transmitting from one map to another or while playing a pve instance.

It's become better after a few patches, but it still exists.

Before Season 10 the game had crashed on me maybe 5-10 times altogether.
    Since Season 10 started, there were about 40-50 crashes.
    Not to mention the many times I get thrown back to log-in.

Fix this TRIBBLE and soon or I change to a game that runs smoother, Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    PWE sent me a fix. It worked more or less until the patch from 5/28. After that I can only get in the game via safe mode.

If I have the energy to reset my graphics yet again, I will often then crash at character select or when zoning.

People were reporting issues before S10 was released. So they have had 3 months to look into this.