test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

20 hours till the greatest announcement in human history

kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
It may be less time by the time of your reading.

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kozar2 wrote: »

there i was thinking this would be us finally going to the stars lol :cool:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funny, my first thought was "we're going to Mars???"

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    War. War never changes.

I'm certainly gonna have to get off my butt and get my PC upgraded now though.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Ssssh, my ascension was meant to be a surprise :rolleyes:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Funny, my first thought was "we're going to Mars???"
    Today NASA is going to be testing a proposed Martian lander for manned missions (since Mars doesn't have enough atmosphere to slow down with wings or parachutes, but does have enough to mess around with thruster landings, and besides the gravity is twice that of the Moon). And it looks like graphene makes a good solar sail...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I think the scientists found out the earth is flat after all.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be Fallout 4. Rumor mill and all, but I hear that Fallout4 was taking place in the midwest this time.

...let's all enjoy a Nuka Cola while we wait :D
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh my, just take my money!

But not the greatest announcement...

Overselling this thread has led to a mix of joy and disappointment, shame on you OP. But if it's going to be multiplayer or a Fallout MMO ala ESO, I'll see you there.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    I think the scientists found out the earth is flat after all.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

They don't count as "scientists" by any rational definition however.

Warning: while amusing, reading this site may actually make you dumber.
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    re: OP

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-02-fallout-4-is-real-and-its-being-revealed-tomorrow

WOOT!!! :D LOL teasing us like that. ;)

I know what I'm doing this holiday season.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-02-fallout-4-is-real-and-its-being-revealed-tomorrow

forgetting that Fallout ever existed? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Today NASA is going to be testing a proposed Martian lander for manned missions (since Mars doesn't have enough atmosphere to slow down with wings or parachutes, but does have enough to mess around with thruster landings, and besides the gravity is twice that of the Moon). And it looks like graphene makes a good solar sail...

thats assuming any of that is more then mere opinion. bringing back large enough samples or setting up a manned colony purely for science and tech advances would do wonders to prove that opinion... perhaps even needing 20 hours in human future for it to become history as a fact or rumor when it reaches the present moment? :P

as for fall out, i honestly dont care about it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Remember folks, tomorrow is April first.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Opinion? Surface gravity of Mars is .3 that of Earth - one-third gee, as opposed to the Moon's one-sixth. The atmospheric pressure on the surface averages about 600 pascals, or around 0.6% that of Earth. These are observable facts, not opinions - they're part of the reason that the last couple of Mars landers more crashed than landed. Sojourner was wrapped in, basically, air bags; Curiosity landed with a very exciting disposable retrorocket system that it hung below until it had decelerated to the point it could survive dropping. (The other exciting part, besides the rocket thrust flaming down next to the probe itself, was the fact that the thrust assembly then had to fly slightly off to the side so as not to crash atop the probe and ruin the entire reason for the trip. Somehow I don't see humans agreeing to land like that, especially given the much greater mass of a manned platform with provision to lift off again.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If this turns out to be New Vegas 2, I'm going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But I've yet to finish New Vegas' main storyline... 1243 hours later.

(Modaholic)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If this turns out to be New Vegas 2, I'm going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed.

I will be slightly disappointed, but none the less excited. I'm hoping for it to be FO4, and was squeeing like a little girl at work when someone showed me the link lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    War, war never changes.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Leather armor? - Check

Double-Barreled Shotgun & Shells? - Check

Trusty dog companion? - Check

Time to go out and issue some wasteland justice. And kick some TRIBBLE, too.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It looks like I might not wake up tomorrow. Although considering that I am not in a big city like New York, I might end up as a Ghoul or some other abomination instead of being a charred corpse.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the new precedent of paid mods, this time on game arrival, shoot fallout 4 in the foot. and the head.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    YES! IT'S HERE! FALLOUT 4!

:D

And it brought back Dogmeat!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Leather armor? - Check

Double-Barreled Shotgun & Shells? - Check

Trusty dog companion? - Check

Time to go out and issue some wasteland justice. And kick some TRIBBLE, too.

Never took companions with me, always went solo. Time to dust off my Anti-Material Rifle, T-45d Power Armor, enough Radaway and Rad-X, watch my inventory weight, crank it up to hardcore and put a few rounds through some Deathclaws. The music was always the best part of the game. Nothing beat those soundtracks when it comes to a post-apocalyptic landscape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trailer now viewable. I watched much of it frame by frame after the first go through. When it started I yelled "yes!". My wife was wondering what happened. This will be my life. I'll be hard pressed to login here to refine daily dil.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    War, war never changes.

Saw the thread title, assumed it was for Fallout 4 but figured I'd check anyway. First thing I see is the above post, assumption confirmed.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, excited for FO4. I've bought and played FO1 thru FO3, FONV. I'm always down to go adventuring in the wastelands. After Skyrim, I had always figured Bethesda's next big RPG would next cycle back to the Fallout franchise. Seems I was right.

Interesting that FO4 is going to show bits of how the world was before the bombs fell.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Disbelief

Disbelief ready sir

Engage!

WHAT THE HELL......
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Takes place in Boston....My God the Horror...The Horror :eek:

Won't be able to tell the Ghouls apart from the people :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Takes place in Boston....My God the Horror...The Horror :eek:

Won't be able to tell the Ghouls apart from the people :D

If they pronounce the letter "R" it's a Ghoul.