test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What form of content would you rather see?

praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
Let's keep this discussion to pre-existing forms of content (FEs, STFs, Queues, etc), instead of dreaming up new things like Exploration, since we appear to be on the strugglebus trying to just get "basic" new content.

What would you rather see?

More STFs (to grind out Marks in a different way)?
More FEs, with unique rewards? (Please clarify as to whether you would rather have 1-2 FEs that we repeat over and over for new rewards, over more missions in exchange for 'not as exciting' rewards)
More Battle Zones? Space or Ground?
More pop-up "Uh Oh" instances like Red Alerts?
More Open Zones like Ker'rat?
More PvP?

Maybe we can help the Devs out by giving them feelers what we really want to see.
Post edited by praxi5 on

Comments

• Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Id like too see a battlezone against iconians and heralds at the moment.

Though im pretty sure there would be no iconians to fight because I think geko said he didnt want to make it seem that easy to kill them or something in a podcast so probably just a battlezone vs heralds.

On the klingon homeworld maybe?

would make sense.

I would like to see PvP get a new breathe of life could be really good for the game. I dont actually play pvp but I would if they revamped the whole thing.

I would like to see more FE's too :)
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. More FEs (would be nice to see some that doesn't include any kind of fighting for a change)
    2. Much more Battlezones (esp. Space - like the Undine one, which I like best so far)
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Content where you don't need a phaser to solve the problem. Of course, the optimal mission design is where there are numerous methods to solve a particular problem than just one.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think I would enjoy seeing more FE's like the Devidian and parts of the 2800 arcs.

Things where a situation builds up and can be done at multiple levels. The Devidian arc had a simple intercept mission with a boarding action! This lead to an investigation where you did not have to shoot anything. To a horror movie feeling crawl deep in the bowels of an empty station. To stepping back to TOS and helping them out in what for all appearances was just another day (episode) for them. It was fun and refreshing.

The ambassadorial meeting in DS9. . . I wish we could have gotten something more out of that work so it meant something. The prison facility, and excepting Kurland constantly breaking radio silence, walking the surface of the station to board and raid her. Good fun there and a use for the created space suits of various types.

Imagine leading a strike team to disable a hostile ship. Then because of interference we have to space walk over to let ourselves in and take control of the ship's engineering section and bridge. Leaving people to hold those areas as you go till you can prize crew her out of there and back to the alliance?

Follow up missions similar to Sisko using a jem'hadar bug ship to take out an enemy processing center. And the return from behind enemy lines.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The following is a "solution" site for The Secret World. http://unfair.co/tsw-guides/

But the reason I'm linking it, is because it has a nifty quick breakdown of the types of missions in that game.
    • Story – These quests are the main story of The Secret World, typically taking you through each zone.
    • Dungeon – These quest lead you into the dungeons, usually advance as each boss is killed and complete when the instance is cleared.
    • Action – These missions are typically kill or hunt missions. They involve combat, usually with varying types of enemies.
    • Investigation – Research and Investigation Missions. Designed to make you solve puzzles or find solutions, usually with real world elements.
    • Sabotage – Missions with multi-part specific tasks. Usually involved collection, infiltration and destruction.
    • Side Quests - These are typical fetch or locate quests. These quests send you out to obtain a specific object. Allowed to have 3 at any given time.
    • PvP – Given out in the battleground / pvp zones. These include Capture Objectives and Kill Quests.

Another thing that game has...this game has...but that game has it different. Lore. Lore's actually found throughout the game world - one has to hunt it down - find it.

TSW is riddled with "exploration" intermixed with the standard fetch/kill/etc - but even there, there's an element of exploration.

Don't think it would happen, cause this just isn't that kind of game - not the intended audience, etc, etc, etc.
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    feiqa wrote: »
    I think I would enjoy seeing more FE's like the Devidian and parts of the 2800 arcs.

Things where a situation builds up and can be done at multiple levels. The Devidian arc had a simple intercept mission with a boarding action! This lead to an investigation where you did not have to shoot anything. To a horror movie feeling crawl deep in the bowels of an empty station. To stepping back to TOS and helping them out in what for all appearances was just another day (episode) for them. It was fun and refreshing.

The ambassadorial meeting in DS9. . . I wish we could have gotten something more out of that work so it meant something. The prison facility, and excepting Kurland constantly breaking radio silence, walking the surface of the station to board and raid her. Good fun there and a use for the created space suits of various types.

Imagine leading a strike team to disable a hostile ship. Then because of interference we have to space walk over to let ourselves in and take control of the ship's engineering section and bridge. Leaving people to hold those areas as you go till you can prize crew her out of there and back to the alliance?

Follow up missions similar to Sisko using a jem'hadar bug ship to take out an enemy processing center. And the return from behind enemy lines.

This this and SO much this.

I love the weekly episodes we had during a Featured Series. It was so awesome seeing things build and build and having the exciting of playing a new part on Saturday. They really need to bring those back.

Aside from that, I want a battleground for the Iconians. I had a lot of fun in past battlegrounds and it's a good way to get marks.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    More Battle Zones for me. Both space and ground against all different type of enemies. But the ground one can be smaller than the Dyson BZ. I think that one is a little too big with too many areas for my taste. Something around the size of the Undine space BZ would be fine.

Would like to see random objectives in the BZ areas too. So rather than a point always being a Rom singularity every single time, it could be any of them. Maybe have a pool of like 6 different objectives and only 4 of them will be active on the map each time. Rotate them in and out in different places so that you never know what the map will look like each time. I'd love to see that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    There was already an official Cryptic poll about this a few months ago. Exploration, FE's and PvP updates were the top 3 responses as I recall.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to pay much attention to those polls. Sure, they'll use them as guidelines, but PvP and Exploration have placed near the top on each of the polls they did, and we all know what's happened there.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A new space battlezone or two. Preferably with a more progressive battle-line ebb and flow(instead of whack-a-mole).

Expanded DSE/Red Alerts. (Quick skirmishes that don't require a lot of coordination or a full group. Maybe some unique consumable 'devices' as possible drops/rewards.)
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like a revamp of Defera and Nukara. Does that count?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Let's keep this discussion to pre-existing forms of content (FEs, STFs, Queues, etc), instead of dreaming up new things like Exploration, since we appear to be on the strugglebus trying to just get "basic" new content.

What would you rather see?

More STFs (to grind out Marks in a different way)?
    More FEs, with unique rewards? (Please clarify as to whether you would rather have 1-2 FEs that we repeat over and over for new rewards, over more missions in exchange for 'not as exciting' rewards)
    More Battle Zones? Space or Ground?
    More pop-up "Uh Oh" instances like Red Alerts?
    More Open Zones like Ker'rat?
    More PvP?

Maybe we can help the Devs out by giving them feelers what we really want to see.

None of the above

open sandbox startrek exploration/colonization /territory control

anything else is a waste like what we already have

We need end game content not more grind content
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

None of the above

open sandbox startrek exploration/colonization /territory control

anything else is a waste like what we already have

We need end game content not more grind content

I agree so hard.

But given the past development patterns, what sort of repeatable, non-grindy endgame content can we expect? The best I can think of is another BZ.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There's a difference between asking for things that might have a chance of being incorporated in this game and asking for a completely new game...which in the end, wouldn't be the game folks wanted anyway because of the number of players that might be involved.

Folks asking for certain things, to me, it seems they're looking more for a single player or a co-op type of game rather than a MMO...
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    I hate to beat the corpse but this game has no end game content

That's what it needs above anything new

once you fill your spec tree its like Game over..run the same stuff over again?

make a new toon run the same stuff over and over again

make a delta run the same stuff over again !!!

like SWG in the first 2 years......Open sandbox player created content is the best system possible

Add in player economy ... presto a self generating game that doesn't get old and is easy to add too
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would to see moreon exploration.

I would really like to see the Roms be given the chice to join the Tal Shiar permenently.That there is even war within the Federation itself involing S31.

The one of the surviving member of the Torgrin House comes back and assinates Jm'Pok. which put Klingons in a civil war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to see moar PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    azrael605 wrote: »
    All of the above, except pvp, that's pointless garbage.

For you, maybe.

Some people really like PvP, and find all of the Space Barbie to be pointless garbage :rolleyes: Doesn't mean you see people saying "Nah, don't give us anymore costumes, that's just pointless."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I hate to beat the corpse but this game has no end game content

There are people that complain there is not enough to do.
    There are people that complain there is too much to do.

Neither is the intended audience.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Whoop dee friggin doo, I will never, not even for a minute, support wasting dev time on the stupid epeen race known as pvp.

But you support them wasting their time on all the other stupid epeen races, eh? ;)
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Remove pvp.

You've never once suggested how that would improve the game for you...

This might help you though: http://locator.apa.org/
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Remove pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Whoop dee friggin doo, I will never, not even for a minute, support wasting dev time on the stupid epeen race known as pvp.

What about the DPS "epeen race"? Space Barbie? Or whatever it is you do?

Just because it's not your favored game type doesn't mean it's any less deserving than any others, much less be called a "waste" of time.

Check your entitlement at the door, please.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to see some these planets that got put in like betazed be used in iconian alerts to defend planets. Actually have a war going on. Defend the planet have freedom of navigation. Lose the olanet, off chance you get pulled into a random firefight till the iconians are kicked off said planet.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want to see some content that has positive effect on player numbers;

http://steamcharts.com/app/9900

I wonder if Cryptic/PWE is finally waking up. Playerbase is at an all time low.
    This is just dramatic right after a new Season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    edit: Not going to get into the useless discussion on the useless Steam charts.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    More battlezones. If I'm going to be encouraged to mindlessly grind my day away, I'd like to be as lazy as possible and not constantly queue up. I also appreciate the grand scale of a battlezone, with additional players showing up to help. I like seeing their ships, what they can do, etc. I like seeing their outfits on the ground and how they use their particular career class.

I like both ground and space, so constantly switching my traits, kits, and doffs around for one or the other is a really big hassle.

So, if I can just not do any of that (or keep it to a minimum), a battlezone would be a great way to do that.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd just hope for something more intellectual less biggest guns blazing, stuff that rewards patience and nuance. We've got so many missions where we go in for Kirk/Sisko buttkicking or Janeway space magic, but only a few missions where we get to be Picard.

And like someone else said already, story-build-up FE arcs. The 2800 is I think my favorite arc in the game (warts and all), and the Devidian arc has SO much character and style to it. More like these would be far more welcome than every season having a more-ultimate enemy than the last. This game keeps escalating like a shounen anime (but without TFS writing the dialogue).
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd just hope for something more intellectual less biggest guns blazing, stuff that rewards patience and nuance. We've got so many missions where we go in for Kirk/Sisko buttkicking or Janeway space magic, but only a few missions where we get to be Picard.

And like someone else said already, story-build-up FE arcs. The 2800 is I think my favorite arc in the game (warts and all), and the Devidian arc has SO much character and style to it. More like these would be far more welcome than every season having a more-ultimate enemy than the last. This game keeps escalating like a shounen anime (but without TFS writing the dialogue).

I like this idea. Story episodes that are a little more thinking and less season cliffhanger end of the galaxy battles. Some could just fill in gaps in the existing story arcs, they don't have to be during the Iconinan war, like Dust to Dust did with Harry Kim.