Install Arc
Options

game crash not fixed with patch

2»

Comments

• Options
    maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon, the been missions for DR have just not been finish able...
  • Options
    hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone seen anything from STO staff on this? I can fly around in sector space all day without any crashes. I head into the voth ground BZ and I start crashing like mad, typically JUST before I complete something (killing a voth cmdr for some dil, capturing a point, etc.)

In the last 10 minutes I've crashed out about 5 times in the voth BZ, it's making it quite hard to get rep marks for my delta toons. :(
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh well it looks as though I'm not the only one then!

I am playing a D.R. Caitian female scientist lvl52 and getting to the same point of the third and final transport inhibitor and get the same crash to desktop. From what I have been reading it looks to be ground zone only causing a problem as space is okay, I fly around sector space do an occasional PvP with friends and space based mission with no problems.

This is especially annoying as this mission is one you have to do in order to get the full DR rewards as well as being so near the end of the DR tree.

It may be worth everyone listing what they have equipped on their ground toon to see if there is any commonality that may cause the problem? As it is happening on different types of toon we could potentially rule out the kits we all use but perhaps a common weapon, shield etc. may be a cause?

I am using the full Jem'Hadar set of armor, shield and polaron rifle with a Tr-116B as a back up and controls set to 1st person shooter mode. Like zzzspina01 I have also noticed that the rest of my ground force hangs back at certain points in the tunnels instead of following me at the usual distance, so I am thinking it may be more of a problem with the map rather than the graphics drivers possibly!!!

:: UPDATE :: Just tried the map for the fifth time and can say it seems to be something about the 7th group of Breen you have to face that causes the crash! This time I went through the map without picking anything up or activating the inhibitors with a plan of going back afterward but the moment I started on the 7th group of Breen it CTDed on me.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get CTD now whenever I switch characters ( and by that I mean every time ). I'm rapidly losing my patience as well . I can understand there's bugs when a major update is applied . But you can at the very least acknowledge that they exist and that you are working on fixing them .

I can run just about every other game - including A BIG mmo like guild wars 2 - on full detail and not see any lag or graphical issues , regardless of how many folks are on same map . Yet the - let's be frank - aging STO produces one error after another . Not good at all ....
  • Options
    dogofegyptdogofegypt Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    I tried all solutions that were mentioned in this topic, still no luck. My characters that were on the surface are accessible but my main character, who happens to be fleet's flag officer, keeps crashing on 93% mark of loading screen, trying to load into Beta Quadrant, right when the image box amidst the screen appears.
    Whoever says downgrading drivers might help, keep it for yourself please. There are different GPUs and different releases of onboard chips. In other words, this particular solution doesn't work for all of us.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dogofegypt wrote: »
    I tried all solutions that were mentioned in this topic, still no luck. My characters that were on the surface are accessible but my main character, who happens to be fleet's flag officer, keeps crashing on 93% mark of loading screen, trying to load into Beta Quadrant, right when the image box amidst the screen appears.
    Whoever says downgrading drivers might help, keep it for yourself please. There are different GPUs and different releases of onboard chips. In other words, this particular solution doesn't work for all of us.

not to mention it's unwise to alter your drivers when the issue involved is obviously caused by coding of one particular game ( I'm not inclined to risk breaking every other game I play to get STO to work ..) . Chance not remote you'd make matters worse .
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    just tried again after last patch. still cant finish this mission. witch means I still cant finish the quest need to move on with my delta recruite. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    just tried again after last patch. still cant finish this mission. witch means I still cant finish the quest need to move on with my delta recruite. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

confirmed , nothing at all has been done with regard to the crashing to desktop bugs ( as can be read in all other ongoing threads about Deferi map, Voth groundmap , switching characters CTD, login screen CTD etc. ) .They just don't give a d**n ,that much is clear now
  • Options
    bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But at least the zen store works.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've reached the F It point after a month of this. Not even going to bother trying to log in until i see patch notes this is fixed.

Their lack of acknowledgement that this issue even exists means they are either clueless how to fix it, just dont care or both.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nachotronicnachotronic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok i manage to complete this part of the mission, just not shoot anyone!!, ye if i shoot someone in that part of the map its a pic anywhere in this treath you crash, let your crew make the 50% of the work until confront toth-noidea of his name.

Clarify, its work for me dunno if for more ppl, try

Un saludp
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok i manage to complete this part of the mission, just not shoot anyone!!, ye if i shoot someone in that part of the map its a pic anywhere in this treath you crash, let your crew make the 50% of the work until confront toth-noidea of his name.

Un saludp

this didn't work for me.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    nachotronicnachotronic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    this didn't work for me.

One question your crash its at the start of the map or in middle?.
    Because if you enter in that zone where most ppl crash have to go outside and then wait for the Dialog of you science BridgOfficer, if not crash again in 5 seconds.

Well thats what happend to me like i said its work for me.

Un saludo.
  • Options
    fragtharfragthar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Un saludp

This does not work. As soon as shooting starts in the area with two inhibitors at opposite ends of the room, the game crashes without fail.
  • Options
    marcus2879marcus2879 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Evening Guys just managed to finish this and it does appear to be a issue with the number of things going on on screen.

I did take the advice of an earlier poster and lured the enemy into the corridors rather than the open and shaking environments.

Quite a few times it crashed when i was throwing grenades so just reloaded and didn't throw the nade and I got past it. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    newrooternewrooter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's after the 5/7 patch and it's still not fixed.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    5/7 Patch has not corrected the issue.

I personally am not going to play in safe any longer.

Since the devs do not even acknowledge this exists, seems about time to just say bye bye to STO.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    5/7 Patch has not corrected the issue.

I personally am not going to play in safe any longer.

Since the devs do not even acknowledge this exists, seems about time to just say bye bye to STO.

And "out in the cold " now crashes before you even get to beam down to Zaria ( while still in space ) .If anything the latest patch made it worse
  • Options
    lemureslemures Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Crashes every time I kill a vel'sh scientist in the deferi dilithium part of quest chain. Maybe the breen can all just be removed from the mission until this is fixed. way to TRIBBLE over every single delta recruit.