test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Timeouts ///RESOLVED///

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey guys, we're looking into the Account Server Timeouts that's affecting Cryptic titles. I'm working with the engineers to get this resolved. I'll let you know more here when I have further information.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tashooinetashooine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ahhh sweet as was about to have a moan :cool:
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep, i am affected by this too, waiting patiently for the solution. Hope you crack it soon.
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not even phased.... its working as intended isn't it.... at least this is what we have come to expect. And im sure we will get no compensation once again for not being able to play... personally my game time is limited, looks like ill just find another one to play until you guys can actually fix something.
  • Options
    wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have you tried to turn your servers off and on again?
  • Options
    celljunkycelljunky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh gee account server time-outs?? Oh my how surprising that you guys are blowing everything new you do. I bet One hundred quatloos we don't get credit for the time lost. Any takers? Normally I don't post on forums but you people haven't done anything right on expansions since regulus. I even waited 3 motnhs before bothering to do Delta. Great job!
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Somebody's comment about putting an expansion onto your house when the foundation is crumbling comes to mind....
  • Options
    poinkipoinki Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hey trendy,

out of bacon? ^___^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While we're waiting, could you get one of the character artists to spoil us with shots/info about the upcoming Borg Skins?
  • Options
    alanwinningalanwinning Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you people want to stop moaning and complaining and let them try and fix this.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for letting us know.

... that one is almost new again.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thanks, it's a pain
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    im guessing the server hamsters really do not like you guys this week eh?
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I liken the stability issues, e.g. regular amounts of lag, rubberbanding, disconnects, and the Cryptic STO team's aggressive... almost overwhelming amount of new content over the past 6 months ...to a man who wants to put a new floor on his home...the engineer tells him that his foundation on his home could use some work... but he believes he can add the addition... but any other additions would require repairing the foundation...the man...happy with his new floor... ignores the engineer and finds someone who will keep adding to his home...you can figure out what happens next...

When players experience regular stability issues the common reaction is frustration...to different degrees...frustrated players do not spend money!

If I experience regular rubberbanding for example...why would I spend $30 on a ship that I would not be able to enjoy using?

If I am a new player, why would I spend any money at all if my fundamental game playing is regularly interrupted by stability issues?

In short... new content will not continue to save the game if the foundation needs work...in fact...and no pun indented...you'll find things eventually crashing down...

Sound familiar?
  • Options
    vikingg001vikingg001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Got a little panic, "Now what, my account been hijacked??" was my first thought :P
  • Options
    jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ah. this isn't as bad as it was when They were checking the server and made stability checks.. and than the whole thing collapsed. but if it continues like this.. it's going to be the end of Star Trek Online... because it will be Star Trek Offline. :(
    It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Do you people want to stop moaning and complaining and let them try and fix this.

Sure, if there history actually suggested that they would in fact fix things...... instead of throwing more and more broken content at us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe the answer may lie in poor programming. >_>
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And just when I started thinking the devs can actually put a patch up without adding extra maintenance time without a problem...figures.
  • Options
    husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    celljunky wrote: »
    Oh gee account server time-outs?? Oh my how surprising that you guys are blowing everything new you do. I bet One hundred quatloos we don't get credit for the time lost. Any takers? Normally I don't post on forums but you people haven't done anything right on expansions since regulus. I even waited 3 motnhs before bothering to do Delta. Great job!

Since most of us are players and don't work in the programming industry a little patience is needed. It is an inconvinience, but not unusual with an update or any new program to have bugs and glitches. Just calm down and take a deep breath. Everything will be ok.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Spoke too soon. At least I get past the launcher now.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Login time out all the time
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2015
    husker1964 wrote: »
    Since most of us are players and don't work in the programming industry a little patience is needed. It is an inconvinience, but not unusual with an update or any new program to have bugs and glitches. Just calm down and take a deep breath. Everything will be ok.

Have you, in fact, actually been playing this game in the last year?
  • Options
    ukadhocratukadhocrat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, it's just the usual.
    +++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

In honour of a Mr. T. Pratchett, 14, Treacle Mine Road, Ankh-Morpork
  • Options
    goreinxgoreinx Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...timeout. :(
  • Options
    alanwinningalanwinning Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So moaning and complaining csbastion is the way to go when your playing a FREE game?! Really?! Get something for free and complain about it WOW you are priceless and tactless!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    csbastian wrote: »
    Have you, in fact, actually been playing this game in the last year?

i have been around since 10, and i can write this out to you straight out, this type of forum spamming is a common sight until the issue is solved. but usually you do a little patience to get past it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    dogofegyptdogofegypt Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    I think it's far more then just timeouts. We've tried a new episode just moments before, and ugh... it was totally buggy, and the scripts in the labyrinth and on the balcony were that buggy that it wasn't even possible to continue the mission.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Captains! Please keep in mind that any flaming is considered against our forum rules. Keep the thread clean.
  • Options
    spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's working for me, now. Thanks for the fix! :)
This discussion has been closed.