test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Timing out on Log In + massive delay to game from launcher

Since the Thursday patch, I've been having problems. It often takes multiple goes to now log in as it keeps timing out and when I do succeed, the launcher has a massive delay from when I press ENGAGE to actually booting up the game.

The game also seems a lot more laggy than normal. Is this just patch problems? Anyone else getting this?
Post edited by carlosbfly on

Comments

• Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    Since the Thursday patch, I've been having problems. It often takes multiple goes to now log in as it keeps timing out and when I do succeed, the launcher has a massive delay from when I press ENGAGE to actually booting up the game.

The game also seems a lot more laggy than normal. Is this just patch problems? Anyone else getting this?

I am also getting awful timeout issues. It looks like it may be a problem in the network path on the way to the patch server. Someone mentioned "cognito" in another thread. There seems to be a problem with that particular jump in the network path to the cryptic server. Not sure of their solution however....
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe we'll get some updates or fixes on it later this week. Its the Memorial Day holiday at the moment so I expect some delays from Cyptic on this one.
  • Options
    chomik997chomik997 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have same problem today. Game is nonplayable.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ^ Have you ever managed to get past the login bit? As in, onto the STO launcher and even into game?
  • Options
    sorrowdawnsorrowdawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also unable to login, keep getting message, "Unable to authenticate".
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, after about 20 tries, I keep getting "Unable to authenticate" at the launcher. Guess I'll go play a better coded game.
  • Options
    vulcanhybridvulcanhybrid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The game was working fine for me this weekend but this morning it is giving me authentication errors.
  • Options
    judasjungjudasjung Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sorrowdawn wrote: »
    Also unable to login, keep getting message, "Unable to authenticate".

I'm getting the same message
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm seeing it too.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gee.... STO broke again....

Any message from PWE? They haven't updated their Twitter account since last week.
  • Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    same here, got disconnected and now I'm unable to log back in....:eek:
  • Options
    masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the game workt for me untill today. now get the same message.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Has this resolved itself for anyone? I was hoping the server crashing was the reason behind it but no. Still getting logins timed out even after the server fix. I've got another laptop and loaded it onto there but its still not working.

On that one, I can get onto the Arc platform but it always seems to be in a process of loading (the little circle in the corner spinning around) and despite going to start STO, it won't go to the game launcher.

BOTH my laptops cannot have a problem, so I don't know what to think? This has all been since the patch last week. Its like Arc is having trouble loading commands and is taking ages to catch up (or just giving up and going kaput).
  • Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seems to be working better now. Hopefully the network issue has been corrected at Cognito...
  • Options
    captainfan84captainfan84 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't connect to the patch server, I can't stand this, I don't have access to another computer and I can't play the damn game because the cryptic loading screen sits there for 5 minutes then tells me the connection to the patch server failed because it was idle for too long. I can't even submit a damn error report thing because the window closes automatically after 10 seconds:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    jamesonrookjamesonrook Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It takes a good eight minutes for me to be able to click engage and launch the game. And when I can, I can't load up my character and wind up timing out. I've never had this issue before and my game was working fine earlier.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    from yesterday i have A LOT of lag spikes, 1 every 3-4 seconds, and he goes up to 500ms and back to the normal... it's kinda frustrating 'cause it makes the game unplayable....
    did a tracert to the game server, and there is a laggy cogentco hop just before the server itself.... FIX IT
  • Options
    papy1986papy1986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Huge lag spikes making any attempt to play impossible.
    Cryptic what have you broken now???
  • Options
    cindatravellercindatraveller Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2014
    I came back to the game today and let it patch itself up. Trying to launch works ok until it gets to the green and black "Start Trek" logo and a large "LOADING" at the bottom - at that point it hangs and doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?