test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 14, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140207a.3

General:
  • New Ship Materials:
    • All Starfleet vessels now have access to a revamped version of the "Type 5" material option.
      • This will be available on all future Starfleet vessels as well as all current ones.
    • The following Klingon ships now have access to the "Type 3" material:
      • B'Rotlh Class Bird of Prey
      • Qaw'Dun Class Bird of Prey
      • Ning'tao Class Bird of Prey
      • HoH'SuS Class Bird of Prey
      • Fleet HoH'SuS Class Bird of Prey
      • Puyjaq Class Raptor
      • SuQob Class Raptor
      • K't'inga Class Battle Cruiser
      • Vor'Kang Class Battle Cruiser
      • Bortasqu' Class Battle Cruiser
      • Korath Class Temporal Science Vessel
      • Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer
      • Tu'Duj Fighter
    • These material options are free of charge.
    • If the material option isn't available, the ship may need to be discharged and then reclaimed. ** Ships can only be reclaimed if they have been purchased from the C-Store. **
  • Sidekicking now has an infinite range on any map.
    • This means sidekicking settings will not stop working if you are a far distance away from your team member on the same map.
  • The nacelles on the Federation Dyson Science Destroyer have correct animation when going into and out of Tactical mode.
  • The Constellation saucer is no longer available to be used on Heavy Cruisers.
    • This option should not have been available.
  • Federation bridge officers in space will now use the Origin bridge backgrounds in their dialog windows.
    • There were a number of them in Federation episodes using the old bridge background.
  • K'mtar now has VO when giving the mission in "Friend or Foe".
  • The species diversity on Starfleet security ensigns has increased.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing Voyager to occasionally appear incorrectly in missions where it was not assigned.
  • Hirogen Dreadnaught enemy ships have been altered to better fit the canon Hirogen design.
  • The Farmers on the Ketha Lowlands now have voices that match their gender.

Foundry:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing many details and buildings to appear white in the editor.

UI:
  • Resolved an issue where dismissed duty officers saved in a loadout will be replaced by a random duty officer in your inventory.
  • Resolved an issue that could sometimes cause loadouts to not work correctly when switching from a large to a small starship and vice versa.
  • Added new unique icon art for Transwarp powers to Defera, Allied Sphere Space, ESD, Qo?noS, and New Romulus.

Known Issue:
  • KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.
  • There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain?s inventory is full.
  • Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still waiting on dyson cat fixes :D.

Thank you for the foundry fix.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Foundry:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing many details and buildings to appear white in the editor.
    \o/ Very nice !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What if Type 3 Material does not show up on Korath Class Temporal Science Vessel ? How players are supposed to reclaim a new one ?
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Umm dyson researcher boots not available with the dyson pants/trousers..? Just saying thats all.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But, but, but...blowing Voyager up made Empire Defense - Federation so much more fun! ;)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    new ship materials are always cool! i hope the Peghqu vet ship can also use its vet skin now too
    [*]The Constellation saucer is no longer available to be used on Heavy Cruisers.
    [*]This option should not have been available.

i want the rest of it, release it already!
  • Options
    epsiloniaepsilonia Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Korath Class Temporal Science Vessel
    These material options are free of charge.
    If you already own one of these ships, you may need to discard the current one you have and reclaim a new one in order to have these material options.
    Um... and if we need to, we will be recompensated for doing this how?
    Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
    Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
    It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So the Korath get access to the KDF "Type 3" material, but not the Krenn?

Way to half-TRIBBLE it guys :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    epsilonia wrote: »

Buy another ship of course! :p
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Federation bridge officers in space will now use the Origin bridge backgrounds in their dialog windows."

Any chance KDF bridge officers are going to stop using Fed bridge backgrounds? Like, ever?

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *The Constellation saucer is no longer available to be used on Heavy Cruisers.

This is absolute rubbish. It was released, players are using it, nobody said it *wasn't* intended to be released and if it was such a big issue you've had multiple opportunities to remove it earlier.

Please reconsider this. Not cool.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same question as a few others: how are we supposed to reclaim ships that aren't currently re-claimable without having to buy them again? That's not really a viable option.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Same question as a few others: how are we supposed to reclaim ships that aren't currently re-claimable without having to buy them again? That's not really a viable option.

this is especially a problem for fleet ships id think, like my fleet heavy, fleet ktinga and fleet vorcha. hopefully reclaiming ships like the c store mogh will allow the skin's use on my fleet mogh
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so when do the New Ship Materials hit holodeck ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    I have changed the information on what type of ships can be reclaimed for the ship material additions. Only C-store ship can be discharged and reclaimed for free.
    • If the material option isn't available, the ship may need to be discharged and then reclaimed. ** Ships can only be reclaimed if they have been purchased from the C-Store. **
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still waiting for you guys to fix KDF costume slots that I PAID FOR!!!! Ridiculous that this bug is still here. I paid for those costume slots and I should be able to use them!!!!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have changed the information on what type of ships can be reclaimed for the ship material additions. Only C-store ship can be discharged and reclaimed for free.

well ya, thanks for the CYA warning, but we need a work around for non reclaimable ships. even though it may 'break immersion', fleet and lobi should have a method of reclaiming if you bought them, because some times there is a need to dismiss and reclaim to fix bugs or unlock additions. you can now get the items off these ships in the dil stor menu if you misplace those. this will proboly not be the last time a need to do something like this happens
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, the avenger has PINK nacelles with the type 5 skin. Seriously?

in every single instance of star trek canon (except the JJverse) the nacelles are red and blue. And yet on the avenger there are now 3 out of 9 skins where it's red. the other 6 have 2 pink and 4 orange/yellowish ones.

Now i could let it go if these were some fan made mods or creations but this is an official game, so can we please make the nacelles actually red. The avenger skin is perfect, just take the red part of that and put it on all 8 other skins and call it a day. That's a quick copy and paste in photoshop i do it all the time in modding other games. Hell I'd even do it for you, no charge.

Okay, rant over. but seriously i love the avenger but i can't fly it on a skin that uses such blatantly wrong colors.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, hey, hey, HEY! Leave my Constellation Saucer alone! :mad: It wasn't hurting anything to have it in game, leave it as an alternate option!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Still waiting on dyson cat fixes :D.

Thank you for the foundry fix.

This is not listed in the "Known issues" section so there is no fix to be had since it is working as intended. Those armors have a special sub space for your tails, yeah that must be how they do it!
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay this is ridiculous. the patch says it's 187MB. The launcher has now downloaded 307MB (and still downloading) and it is still stuck as 65.5%. What the hell is going on here?

EDIT: 65.6% now and downloaded 356 MB. If the test server patch has this kind of problem it is likely that the live version will have the same issue rendering the game unplayable because the damn thing won't patch.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2014

Known Issue:
    • KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.

Still waiting on this. Don't you dare to let it slip away silently.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    This is not listed in the "Known issues" section so there is no fix to be had since it is working as intended. Those armors have a special sub space for your tails, yeah that must be how they do it!

Any armor without a tail is obviously broken.
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What about this ...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=616691

309 days and counting...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    well thankfully all my fleet ships on the list work fine as is, maybe its just an issue with the c store ships.

the somraw, kamarang, negvar, and surrly many others are missing from the list and dont have the material 3 option, hope its still all a WIP getting all the klingon ships the material. the kdf vet ship STILL cant use the fleet material, but it can use this material 3.only would have been THE time to fix it, adding another skin to it

since my heavy cruiser lost its constitution saucer, its now got a green sensor dome on the bottom of the cheyenne saucer, so thats odd.

the material 5 is a bit hit or miss with me. its a bit to dark imo, and it gets especially dark in certain places, and that sort of ruins it on several ships ive tried it on.

hey at least the defient costume refits got fixed, spent as much time playing with materials as i did crafting the ultimate nu-defient. the pylon section has an issue though. the defiant and sao pylon on ether of the 2 new costumes sinks beneath the hull on 1 side
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    epsilonia wrote: »

Due to Cryptic's history when something is the fault on their side when you go for support on getting a situation rectified they basically tell you to regrind it and hope its fixed. So even if you could reclaim it I don't trust that I'll actually get my ship back if I dismiss it.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    General:
    • Sidekicking now has an infinite range on any map.
      • This means sidekicking settings will not stop working if you are a far distance away from your team member on the same map.
    Sidekicking is a Champions term, isn't it? In STO, player's would know this as the Squad Support System.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)