Install Arc
Options

Ships for Silver (Free) Players FAQ

2»

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    you still have to buy ships that cost zen with zen...the free ship you get from doing the promotion mission is for ones AT the rank you get the promo and it only applies to ships that would normally cost dilithium. but if you miss the promotion mission then you are out of luck.

For example, right now i have a free ship for my engineer commander, i can only choose one of the first three in the commander bracket of ships.

you have to make sure you actually got the mission from Admiral Quinn or the one for the KDF (i dont know who it is yet as im only rank 28 on my KDF)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I recently found out you CAN get the Captain's Yacht back by travelling to Starbase 39 and talking to the Shuttle Information Officer in the shipyard.
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • Options
    captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Silver ships underpowered? Hell no. I tanked so awesomely with the free sovereign. Admittedly better on the Regent; however I never complained with the Sov I's tanking capabilities. Guess you need to re-spec before complaining. Le sigh.
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • Options
    duckcu35duckcu35 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just up ranked to Commander; I went down to the person where you pick your ship like I did when I became a Lt. Commander. But, they won?t give me my ship. They say it cost dilithium. Did they stop giving free ships or did I pick up a glitch? And, if I am glitched what shoed I do?
  • Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Did you go see Admiral Quinn first?
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    duckcu35 wrote: »
    I just up ranked to Commander; I went down to the person where you pick your ship like I did when I became a Lt. Commander. But, they won?t give me my ship. They say it cost dilithium. Did they stop giving free ships or did I pick up a glitch? And, if I am glitched what shoed I do?

Guy who wrote the FAQ here.

First off, I would like to warn you and everyone else that the post has a fair chunk that's now outdated, and because of the form switchover, I can't update it; HOWEVER, you should still be getting a free ship.

Second, as a previous poster indicated, you need to do the Admiral Quinn mission, as was stated on the first page. It's a simple little mission that basically says, go to Quinn, talk to him, then go to the shipyard at ESD and talk to the lady manning ship requisitions.

From that point you should be able to get the ship.

If you're having problems finding Admiral Quinn, that's probably because some Klingon pranksters (seriously) have been getting into ESD, picking fights with Quinn (he usually kicks their butts - seriously with that as well), and then plunking down whereever he ends up. This usually ends up being in Club 47 or the transporter room. Due to some stupid thing with how emotes work when he sits down he looks like he's lost his legs and is just sitting there looking gruff and legless. If this fails then swap to another instance of ESD; this happened at several instances, but so far as I know, not all of them.

If it is NOT happening like that, and you have indeed visited Quinn and taken the promotion mission (and double-checked it's not lost in a list of potential missions or anything like that), then you may be having a problem customer service needs to be brought in on, but there are a few other things to try first - one off the top of my head is to spend your skill points.

In any case, you should get your free ship one way or another.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [Rolls into the thread while activating Target Optics and unholstering the [Zombie Control Rifle of Awesome Sauce Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this exposed Zombie thread!] :cool:

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Cheers,

Tobar26th

(Please note I've spared the warnings on this one as it was actually a sensible placement, this was a great thread in the past - maybe the OP would consider starting it up again?)
This discussion has been closed.