test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to load Sol System

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My game will not load into the Sol System after defeating the Borg Cube and Sphere. I have logged out and in many times, ya know, just in case. I even let it sit for 30 minutes.

Everything else seems to be be working fine. And it's a great game so far! I can't wait to exit the tutorial. lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yea the same thing happened to me yesterday and even now i still cant get there ive waited for over 2 hrs still nothing
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    set video options to minimum... and try again...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Centy wrote: »
    set video options to minimum... and try again...

How?
    I can't set options outside the game and if I click PLAY, I am on the loading screen in warp. I never get into the sol system.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, defeated borg cube, warped back to sol system but got stuck in warp. Upper left says Sol System, the little trivia sentences change on the bottom, stars keep zooming past like in warp but I never get anywhere. No in game interface available, have to click off game to exit
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've got the same problem. I've tried everything that I can think off and with this many people saying something I'm just left hoping that they do something to fix it soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've restarted the game and even the computer it doesn't change a thing. The game seems to have a problem starting up the new area. It looks like it loads to 100% or close to it. I have to Ctrl Alt Delete the application to exit.... Please fix soon!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How?
    I can't set options outside the game and if I click PLAY, I am on the loading screen in warp. I never get into the sol system.

Before you select character select the back button on bottom left. that gives you access to the options.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Changing the graphics settings has no effect on the problem. I tried it on two different characters and it still doesn't load into Sol. Give it a shot at least, it just might not be the fix for me. Thanks for the tip either way though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same problem. Changing settings didn't help here either.

My first character got stuck on the first time you warp to Sol. After an hour of exiting and re-logging not helping, I rolled a second character and this time got into Sol. Once. After I'd left to Sector Space to do the Azura and patrol missions, I decided to return to sell loot and now that character is also stuck at the Sol loading screen.

Rather frustrating. This was not an issue in CB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    knievel wrote:
    My game will not load into the Sol System after defeating the Borg Cube and Sphere. I have logged out and in many times, ya know, just in case. I even let it sit for 30 minutes.

Everything else seems to be be working fine. And it's a great game so far! I can't wait to exit the tutorial. lol

Ditto, same happening here, did the whole options/graphics adjustment, older drivers, etc... Still Nothing!

So assume its server side?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Having the same problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I also am having the same issue loading into the sol system after killing the Borg cube and sphere. I have reset all my graphics to as low as i can get them and restarted with no change whatsoever. PLEASE fix. Rolling another toon now to see if i can get past this issue and not warp into sol until i see something that says Sol is fixed
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i had the same problem in CB and again in OB last night. in CB after trying the 4 character created i finally got through. Still havent' got through in OB yet but only made it through tutorial with one toon so far (working on second) . :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Having the same issue here. Re rolled 3 or 4 times, getting really good at rushing the tutorial, up until I hit the transition from Vega to Sol.

Getting a little frustrating, but ces't la vie. Keep on' trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am betting this is due to the amount of new players/testers that have come on board since CB. It will probably be an issue for a while as Cryptic is probably testing the load that the server can handle.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nope Rerolled another toon and it looks like its getting stuck around the 85% load mark (estimating of course) the only other thing i am going to try is to dump the game loader and all the files and try to reinstall. The servers will hold the place in the game to see if this is a server sided or client sided problem. This sucks :(
    I also have yet to get a toon out of the tutorial in the CB and now in the OB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    *Original Poster here*

I created a new character with system settings all on low(just incase). Even the new character is unable to load into the Sol system.

Just to rehash what the issue was: After I defeat the Borg cube and sphere I am unable to load into the Sol system. It does not appear to be unique to my account, settings or character. I know of nothing else to change, so it must be y'all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, stuck on load to Sol System. I made the character last night, finished the cube/sphere mission early this morning and got stuck in the load screen. Tried a few more times with another character same thing, waited a while, changed settings, you name it, still stuck.

Probably server side or a corrupted file it is checking locally somehow. I am more than open to ideas on finding a workaround.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    still no good here... I have this issue on all of my toons, my dad has this issue on all of his toons, my friend has this issue on all of his toons too... we've decided that Cryptic underestimated the strain the server would be taking when the went into open beta... they were likely unprepared for the huge tidal wave that swept across their servers... meh, whatever the case, I just hope it gets fixed... preferably sooner than later... if so many of us are having this issue, then hundreds more are as well... if that's the case, open beta testers won't be able to test anything beyond this point until the problem is resolved, save the few that manage to get through... the ONLY time I managed to get through the loading screen was when I was disconnected from the server... it showed the last known positions of all the ships, player and npc, and the planet and station... my ship was not visible... It could not move... it was basically a three dimensional screen shot... my HUD was there though, so I reported it as a bug... this was some time last night... none of the offered work arounds so far are working for me, so I'll sit tight for a bit and hope there is progress...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shenzao wrote: »
    we've decided that Cryptic underestimated the strain the server would be taking when the went into open beta...

Considering Cryptic has been determining exactly how many people get into the "open beta" (by limiting how many keys are given out) that would be really sad.

Mind you, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Mark me up as another one who hangs on loading screen when transiting from Vega to Sol. Am going to attempt a reroll and try again later tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Genosaurer wrote: »
    Considering Cryptic has been determining exactly how many people get into the "open beta" (by limiting how many keys are given out) that would be really sad.

Mind you, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

well, not only do they have the ones they are giving out, they also have keys coming in from anyone who pre orders the thing... so... their control over the number of keys is limited because of the amount of people like my family and I who have been waiting for a chance to get a crack at this for 2+ years... sure they limit how many keys they give out, but they'd lose business if they limited the number of people who purchased their game... so... they can only limit so much...

sorry for getting off topic...

still no progress on my end, despite everything I've tried... if I get it to work on my end, you guys will be notified immediately...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Zhamer wrote:
    Before you select character select the back button on bottom left. that gives you access to the options.

Thanks! I found it!

Taking the graphic bar to the lowest from "recommended" took me to the sol system.
    Now I have to readjust my graphical setting every time I want to warp.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am having the same issues as well. Tried all the fixes listed here with no success. I loaded into Sol once, but then the sever disconnected.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same thing here in closed and open. Had it since yesterday and still going :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Having the same issue.

An earlier system was exhibiting the same problem, but eventually it loaded. Hopefully the GFX changes will enable Sol to load...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had to drop everything to the bare min. eve going to 800x600 but it worked. My system specs are:
    single core celeron
    1GB ram
    x550 ATI pci-x card

If that POS system can get to Sol so should you!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im also getting the same problem however the first time I let it sit for about 5-10min and then it loaded the system but it said Disconnected from server and I couldn't do anything other then log out
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just a FYI, I turned everything down as much as possible in Video and advanced Video settings. Got to Sol first try. Not sure on if I needed to or not lol. 3.4 Pentium (single core) Nivida 7800's SLI , 2 gig ram... anyways... Im in lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am having the same issues as well. Tried all the fixes listed here with no success. I loaded into Sol once, but then the sever disconnected.

Same thing with me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have been stuck on the Sol loading screen all day. I think I've seen the little factoids 6 or 7 times each. What really frustrated me is that I can't get to a screen that allows me to submit an offical bug report.

After such a great start, I hope cryptic reads this thread and fixes this problem ASAP. I'd love to see what else there is beyond the tutorial.