test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transformers Robots In Disguise 2001 Should Be a Prequel to The Beast Era

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
Hay I been Watching Transformers RID 2001 and I think it would have worked better if it were a Prequel to the Beast Wars Era instead as its own continuation and here is why. In The Japanese Car Robots its actually set in the G1 Timeline Where Cybertrons (Autobots) went and Follow the Destrons (Predicons) from 1,000s Years from the Future to Present Day Earth; and to Stop them from Conquering Earth. Now Here is what I think the United States Should Have done Set 100 years after the Final Battle the Despeticons are Disbanded and a new Team called the Predicons Discovered an Great power in 21st Century Earth and Cybertrons Sends A New Optimus Prime (Primal in the Future) and his Team of Autobots (Before the Upgrade to Maximals Followed Megatron (Beast era before he is a T-Rex) to Earth and Stop Him from conquering the Universe. What you Guys think of the Premise of RID 2001 you think its Better what Hasbro Did tell me what you think
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I think it's totally immaterial, as the whole Transformers thing started off as a mash-up of two different toy lines, one about cars that transformed into combat mecha (they were supposed to be manned) and one about small "household objects" that could transform into tiny robots to defend children. (Megatron was originally the heroic leader of these 'bots, a transforming Walther PPK.) The original cartoon was an attempt to reconcile these two lines, so they could be sold under a coherent brand name.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Anything not G1 doesn't deserve to be called Transformers, and the story ended with the Headmasters because the Headmasters and Pretenders were already way too weird and the US series did good to cancel it at that point. And the Predacons are Predakings' transformator team and not a faction. Beast Wars is dumb. Yes, I went there 😜
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Well, @angrytarg, as a relative of a friend once told me, "everyone is entitled to an opinion.

"... Even if they're wrong." :p
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Actually I believe Beast Wars is part of the G1 continuity, just much farther in the future. They reference G1, and even had G1 Starscream, Megatron, and Optimus appear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually I believe Beast Wars is part of the G1 continuity, just much farther in the future. They reference G1, and even had G1 Starscream, Megatron, and Optimus appear.

Nope. G1 ended with Season 4 ("The Rebirth") which introduced the Pretender Transformers (Headmasters and Targetmasters). Whether BW references G1 is irrelevant, the (American) show ended 1987. The Japanese G1 actually went on for a bit, but as I said since the Pretender Transformers were already really pushing it I'm glad the US and Europe didn't get "Super-God Masterforce" etc.

Don't try to outgeek me on Transformers. I'm frothing harder for Transformers than I do for Star Trek, and you know how I get when people talk trash about Star Trek canon... pig-2.gif@artan42 might be more annoying than me, though. I guess I have to hold a vote...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I didn't say that Beast Wars was G1. I said it was in the G1 continuity. Its connected, and references G1, but it in itself is not G1.

They had a few episodes where they found the Ark, with the G1 Autobots and Decipticons. And because of Beast Wars being something of a sequel yet the setting is in the ancient past due to time travel... things got wonky. BW Megatron attacking the dormant G1 Optimus almost destroyed the timeline. If not for the repairs the Maximals did, G1 Optimus wouldn't even be around because of BW Megatron's stupidity. Rampage was pretty accurate in his assessment of BW Megatron. He was nothing like his namesake. And honestly BW Megatron's only claim to fame is his consistant use of the word "Yes"... and his rubber ducky.

300px-Transmetal_rubber_ducky.jpg

Now... how Starscream's spark got sent to the past to possess Waspinator... I don't have a clue. But they directly reference Starscream's fate, and how Galvitron killed him. And they show the G1 version, complete with F-15 parts.

Due to the nature of Beast Wars however, it can be its own entity due to time travel shenanigans. But it doesn't change the fact that it not only directly references G1, but has characters from G1 make an appearance.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    no idea what ya'll talking about... G1 ended with "the movie". anything after that is bad fanfic to sell more toys, which should be ignored.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Don't try to outgeek me on Transformers. I'm frothing harder for Transformers than I do for Star Trek, and you know how I get when people talk trash about Star Trek canon... pig-2.gif@artan42 might be more annoying than me, though. I guess I have to hold a vote...

I vote for me. Unless @azrael605 is also a contender, then I vote for them. Nothing gets me going like a little canonsplaning.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    If you want someone who lives and breathes this stuff, I commend your attention to David Willis, currently creating the webcomic "Dumbing Of Age" (using characters from his previous series, "Roomies!" and "It's Walky!", but changing them from alien abductees with superhuman powers to college students with problems both normal and... not so much). He's also a regular contributor to the Transformers wiki, and has posted enough about it that I've picked up a few things. Apparently Beast Wars is set several million years before G1 but after the crash of the Ark, making it both sequel and prequel, and the names are similar because there are a lot of Cybertronians and only so many names to go around (kind of like the character Michael Bolton in Office Space, who maintains that he had the name first and the singer should change his).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    beast wars was never actually intended to be part of G1 continuity at first - or they were bouncing back and forth on it, i don't know the exact thought process of the writers or producers of the time - as they never outright STATED whether or not the axalon or darksyde actually crashed on earth until season 2 and they made only vague references to G1 stuff early on - i think they decided to tie it into G1 because it was kind of flopping as its own thing​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    > @tigeraries said:
    > no idea what ya'll talking about... G1 ended with "the movie". anything after that is bad fanfic to sell more toys, which should be ignored.

Excuse me? The third season has the most coherent and best stories of the whole show. Also the best characters. Sky Lynx? Wreck-Gar? Cyclonus and the Sweeps? Tantrum and the Predacons? The Quintessons? Come on. It also features almost all the women of the franchise like Arcee and Marissa Fairborn (and the Earth Defense Command for that matter).

I can understand disregarding S4. But 3? Have you SEEN the show? 😒😜
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Personally I would put Azrael as more annoying than anyone else on the forums. Honestly.

On a side note, I still think some of the later transformers series were good, but by that I mean the unicron trilogy of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. Though my love for Cybertron turning out to be Primus and being able to transform to fight unicron too may affect that. (Even if he never did in the show, I don't really remember)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    westx211 wrote: »
    Personally I would put Azrael as more annoying than anyone else on the forums. Honestly.

I'm saying his approach to canon is even more extreme than mine. Not that he's personally annoying.
    Also bare in mind personal attacks are against forum rules.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    > @tigeraries said:
    > no idea what ya'll talking about... G1 ended with "the movie". anything after that is bad fanfic to sell more toys, which should be ignored.

Excuse me? The third season has the most coherent and best stories of the whole show. Also the best characters. Sky Lynx? Wreck-Gar? Cyclonus and the Sweeps? Tantrum and the Predacons? The Quintessons? Come on. It also features almost all the women of the franchise like Arcee and Marissa Fairborn (and the Earth Defense Command for that matter).

I honestly dont think I saw any of that after "The Movie" or if I did I purged it from my memory... bad virus.

I guess I was "triggered" or "outraged" and "cancelled it"

I did follow the Marvel Transformer comics as well... nice seeing Spidey there and additional human characters. But yeah it sort of went in a bad direction and I lost interest. Head Masters (sp?) and all that... yeah think I switched to full X-Men with Chris Clairemont (sp) and other comics for years before the switch to manga/anime.
  • Options
    On a side note, I still think some of the later transformers series were good, but by that I mean the unicron trilogy of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. Though my love for Cybertron turning out to be Primus and being able to transform to fight unicron too may affect that. (Even if he never did in the show, I don't really remember)

I mostly watched Cybertron. Heard that Armada and Energon were kinda... off. Apparently you can have a drinking game for an episode of one of those two. Something about taking a shot everytime you hear a character go "huh" or something because some parts of the script didn't really translate well or something.

Anyways Cybertron was pretty good. I still remember one line from Optimus when he was on the Jungle Planet.
    "Well if I'm gonna look like a fire truck, I might as well act like one."
    As he is working on fighting a forest fire.

I think out of the Unicron Trilogy, Cybertron was the better written one from what I remember. Also... Unicron Trilogy apparently deals with multiple realities or something, with Cybertron not being in the same reality as Energon, but feeling the effects of those events still. Main connecting factor is Unicron.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    > @tigeraries said:

I honestly dont think I saw any of that after "The Movie" or if I did I purged it from my memory... bad virus.

I guess I was "triggered" or "outraged" and "cancelled it"

I did follow the Marvel Transformer comics as well... nice seeing Spidey there and additional human characters. But yeah it sort of went in a bad direction and I lost interest. Head Masters (sp?) and all that... yeah think I switched to full X-Men with Chris Clairemont (sp) and other comics for years before the switch to manga/anime.

Some of the stuff after the movie got weird, like Saying Unicron was made by a scientist wanting to kill all life in the galaxy, or that the Quintessons created the transformers. I prefer what became far more popular, that Unicron and Primus were gods, and that Primus made the transformers to help stop unicron down the line. Made Unicron far more interesting of a character.
  • Options
    I think its been accepted in other continuities that Primus was basically a godlike being for the Cybertronians. And Unicron is basically the Cybertronian Devil.

Although I don't understant the recent trend of making Unicron to be Earth's core or whatever his connection to Earth is.
  • Options
    I think its been accepted in other continuities that Primus was basically a godlike being for the Cybertronians. And Unicron is basically the Cybertronian Devil.

Although I don't understant the recent trend of making Unicron to be Earth's core or whatever his connection to Earth is.

It was started in transformers prime and was a TRIBBLE idea then, and then it got used in Michael Bay's movies because Prime had been popular. Most fans I've talked to think its pretty stupid, but the people making the stuff don't look at what we thing, they just assume everything that came out of prime must be amazing or popular.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User

It was started in transformers prime and was a TRIBBLE idea then, and then it got used in Michael Bay's movies because Prime had been popular. Most fans I've talked to think its pretty stupid, but the people making the stuff don't look at what we thing, they just assume everything that came out of prime must be amazing or popular.

With reason: most of it was. The Unicron **** wasn't, but most of everything else...

It's the only TF show where the human characters didn't feel in the way or annoying, for one thing.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    prime was my second CGI transformers show after beast wars, and it happens to be my second-favorite transformers show - also after beast wars

it really had some great moments - still not sure if i prefer the nemesis design from G1/BW or prime, though​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    > @westx211 said:
    > Some of the stuff after the movie got weird, like Saying Unicron was made by a scientist wanting to kill all life in the galaxy, or that the Quintessons created the transformers. I prefer what became far more popular, that Unicron and Primus were gods, and that Primus made the transformers to help stop unicron down the line. Made Unicron far more interesting of a character.

Unicron's origin was luckily not part of the G1 continuity (at least not the 'western' one). It would have been a big mistake. The Quintessons creating the transformers (with Cybertron being a semi-sentient autonomous factory) made sense and added depth to the story, although it's difficult since it's said the Robots developed Transformation on their own, in order to get the edge and rebel against their masters. Yet we see a lot of "wild" robots (like the "bat-birds" of Jupiter/Io or the robo-vore fish) are able to transform as well.
    lFC4bt2.gif